This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one that likes TPS over FPS?

#11kingofall214Posted 12/7/2012 11:07:47 AM
yes especially when you can switch from shooting to a sword flawlessly like in warhammer 40k
#12sephiroth068Posted 12/7/2012 11:11:44 AM
I generally prefer TPS over FPS but I enjoy the the good FPS now and again like Metroid Prime

Call of Duty is a guilty pleasure I admit though, because while they are not considered that good by most of the internet, i enjoy them for what they are, even if they could be better
---
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)
#13glory of power metalPosted 12/7/2012 11:14:16 AM
It depends on the game obviously, but I tend to enjoy more FPS than TPS. I believe this is due mostly to the fact that TPS need to factor in character control, environmental interaction, more advanced cover systems, ect whereas FPS can just focus on shooting mechanics. I know "I like them more because they are overall harder to **** up" is pretty crappy reasoning, but it's true. I'm less likely to get frustrated and quit a FPS than TPS.
---
QT x314159.
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#14ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/7/2012 11:14:54 AM
DarknessXSeeker posted...
I HATE FPS games but I do love TPS games.
#15Kaiser499Posted 12/7/2012 11:21:12 AM
FPS are okay I suppose but I prefer TPS.
---
www.twitch.tv/kaiser499
#16DocDeliciousPosted 12/7/2012 11:34:57 AM
Barring the "Shooter" part...I play mostly Third-Person games but I do love a good First-Person game too.

The "camera with a gun" comment is funny TC. A couple people I know refuse to play TP games because they feel as though they are watching someone else's story instead of feeling like they are the character.
---
Playing - Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Vanquish, MGS HD Col, Resonance of Fate, Monster Hunter FU, Shadows of the Damned, Valkyria Chronicles
PSN: DocDelicious
#17EraseGreyPosted 12/7/2012 11:38:48 AM
Mouse = fps
Analog = tps

That's just what feels comfortable to me but I don't knock a game for being one way or the other.
---
PSN: DeadCell715
#18Darth_ElusivePosted 12/7/2012 12:16:44 PM
I prefer TPS to FPS. In fact I normally don't play any game in first person view because of the restricted view sort of like a tunnel vision.

IDK if there is any FPS supports 3 monitors that allows player to see not only what's straight ahead, but also what's coming their way on both sides.

Ideally, the perfect FPS to me is the one that supports a 360 degree (or at least 180 degree) circular monitor that surround the players on all sides. Nothing like this currently exists in the market, probably only in R&D departments of screens manufacturers.
---
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5
#19Sheria_KPosted 12/7/2012 12:27:42 PM
Old TPS, maybe, but not modern ones that all seem to have taken at least something from Gears of War. No cover and ability to move fast and strafe, that's what I want.

Then again I could say almost the the same for FPS...nevermind lol. Let's just say I like them equally, just not keen on modern game design in either genre.
---
Currently Playing: Under Defeat HD, Hitman Absolution and Virtues Last Reward.
#20ElBorak77Posted 12/7/2012 12:30:11 PM
bunch o' fps hatin' nerds on this board. what'd you expect?
---
PSN El_Borak_77