This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was Final Fantasy Versus 13 Officially Cancelled - because this looks EPIC

#21Large_TonberryPosted 12/7/2012 2:25:56 PM
pokemon_45_79_1 posted...
From: Large_Tonberry | Posted: 12/7/2012 1:11:09 PM | #019
It still cost money when its in production if its full or not, and continuing to keep it in production you continue to lose money, and no its in full development means its costing even more money to make it, can't be cancelled not now.

Well yes, but projects get cancelled all the time, regardless of how much money goes into them. And this is SquareEnix, who recently cancelled the localisation of Type-0, a game that took 4 years to produce, even though it was 90% complete.

They did when did this happen, and Type-0 us a handheld game which usually cost less to produce then a console game. IT barely sold in Japan because it came out to late.

Right projects get cancelled but this projects been going for about 6 years yes 6 years with an untold amount of money invested into it, can't be cancelled if the FFXIV fiasco has anything to say they can't afford to, they would like to but they can't.

If you are going to cancel something then it should have been done about 2 years ago they might be able to get away with it but they didn't.

They have used a lot of resources for the development of versus, and I think it would be a downer for every employee at SE if they don't get this game released.

Again, it's SquareEnix. They're not exactly known for their great business decisions, especially with Wada running things. Plus, whatever costs they may have spent so far can easily be offset by the overpriced iOS games they make, or by re-releasing FFI, II and III for the billionth time.

We still have no idea what's actually gone into Versus at this stage. Before XIII released, there were several mentions of Nomura's design team being put to work on finishing that instead. The game may have been announced 6 years ago, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's had 6 years of funding and actual work put into it (especially given how little they've shown). If they had been working solidly on it, we'd have seen a playable trade show demo long before now.
#22pokemon_45_79_1Posted 12/7/2012 2:31:24 PM(edited)
From: Large_Tonberry | Posted: 12/7/2012 1:25:56 PM | #021
From: Large_Tonberry | Posted: 12/7/2012 1:11:09 PM | #019
It still cost money when its in production if its full or not, and continuing to keep it in production you continue to lose money, and no its in full development means its costing even more money to make it, can't be cancelled not now.

Well yes, but projects get cancelled all the time, regardless of how much money goes into them. And this is SquareEnix, who recently cancelled the localisation of Type-0, a game that took 4 years to produce, even though it was 90% complete.

They did when did this happen, and Type-0 us a handheld game which usually cost less to produce then a console game. IT barely sold in Japan because it came out to late.

Right projects get cancelled but this projects been going for about 6 years yes 6 years with an untold amount of money invested into it, can't be cancelled if the FFXIV fiasco has anything to say they can't afford to, they would like to but they can't.

If you are going to cancel something then it should have been done about 2 years ago they might be able to get away with it but they didn't.

They have used a lot of resources for the development of versus, and I think it would be a downer for every employee at SE if they don't get this game released.

Again, it's SquareEnix. They're not exactly known for their great business decisions, especially with Wada running things. Plus, whatever costs they may have spent so far can easily be offset by the overpriced iOS games they make, or by re-releasing FFI, II and III for the billionth time.

We still have no idea what's actually gone into Versus at this stage. Before XIII released, there were several mentions of Nomura's design team being put to work on finishing that instead. The game may have been announced 6 years ago, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's had 6 years of funding and actual work put into it (especially given how little they've shown). If they had been working solidly on it, we'd have seen a playable trade show demo long before now.

I do believe it has because man hrs still count in that as well, we don't know but its most likely got a lot of resources and money invested in it, and we will never know how much as been put in.

I bet all the rereleases are not netting them that much money maybe a few thousands of dollars but its not helping they continue to bleed money everyday.

---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#23LapanuiPosted 12/7/2012 2:35:44 PM
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't cancel Versus, they would be digging themselves a pretty early grave if they did.

Pretty sure if I were them, I would get LR released and out of the way, then they would completely destroy the internet with information on Versus with videos, screenshots, details, release day, etc.

I also just don't understand the hype for the game to be honest. Whose to say they don't just hype it up, release it and it's a lackluster game?
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
GT: Zichu