This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy 9: still awesome

#31mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 4:55:36 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
FiendingHard posted...
FiendingHard posted...
People do love FF9, its considered one of the best in the series along with 4, 6, 7, and 10.

With that said I recently bought it and I'm loving it just like I did 10 years ago, the music is still classic although the long load times are a little jarring.

The psn version is smooth as butter. There are virtually no load times.

Don't kid yourself, the music starts way before the battle screen even displays. I don't mind since the battle music is so awesome but the load times are pretty bad.

I'm not kidding at all. It runs just fine for me.

yes you are. i don't know why you feel you have to lie to make yourself feel better.

I don't mind waiting 2 seconds for a battle to start. If that's jarring to some people that's ok, but it doesnt bother me. I'm being honest. It runs fine for me. But I'm not here to argue about trivial things. I just wanted to bring up a great game that stands the test of time.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#32themegaman7Posted 12/8/2012 4:58:18 AM
^More like 15-20 seconds. Both in the original and the PSN version. You know, because they're virtually the exact same thing.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#33majin nemesisPosted 12/8/2012 5:03:01 AM
^^^15 seconds loading? what loading? the game doesn't have loadings
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#34Dimension DoorPosted 12/8/2012 5:04:51 AM
Would be my most favorite Final Fantasy ever if the load times for every battle weren't so painfully long.

Also, Oeilvert. Whoever thought of that place needs to be shot. Forcing me to bring all my tanks, thus no healing involved. And then having me to play the entirety of Kuja's Palace with nothing but mages. Seriously, eff that.
#35Sand_FlarePosted 12/8/2012 5:16:21 AM
Indeed. Only problem is that battles are a lot slower than FFVIII and FFVII.

It holds up very well otherwise though.
---
http://i.minus.com/iRU5CxFLZArl5.gif
#36mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 5:16:42 AM
themegaman7 posted...
^More like 15-20 seconds. Both in the original and the PSN version. You know, because they're virtually the exact same thing.

If I was home I would take a video to show you guys. The screen goes black for about 2 seconds. Then the enemies appear and the camera pans around for about 10 seconds(I counted). So if you mean it takes 15 seconds to go from map to battle then yes, but that isn't technically a load time. That's a presentational transition. Sound like bs, yea, but it isn't an actual load time.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#37jammitinPosted 12/8/2012 5:54:05 AM
I've always said that VII had the better music and characters, but IX had the best overall story and gameplay.
---
Waiting for Bioshock Infinite
#38AXKSIONPosted 12/8/2012 5:55:48 AM
jammitin posted...
I've always said that VII had the better music and characters, but IX had the best overall story and gameplay.

I'm replaying Final Fantasy 9 right now and it is either #3 or #4 best in the series.

Final Fantasy 7 is still the best game of all time. Far better than 9, but 9 is still really good. I mean, no game can top 7, so it would be ridiculous to think 9 could, and we should not fault 9 for that.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#39PargePosted 12/8/2012 6:06:04 AM
Nicodimus posted...
I liked Legend of Legaia better. It is also on the PS store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nvuEw9XcuU
---
PSN - Parge Eye Have You.
GT - Pargestyv
#40themegaman7Posted 12/8/2012 6:11:10 AM
themegaman7 posted...

If I was home I would take a video to show you guys. The screen goes black for about 2 seconds. Then the enemies appear and the camera pans around for about 10 seconds(I counted). So if you mean it takes 15 seconds to go from map to battle then yes, but that isn't technically a load time. That's a presentational transition. Sound like bs, yea, but it isn't an actual load time.

It's loading the models while the camera is panning around the battle scene.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -