This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Smfh..walking dead Goty? Seriously?

#11AXKSIONPosted 12/8/2012 4:15:40 AM
Aside from Tales of Graces F and Dark Souls Artorias of the Abyss, it was a really s****y abysmal year for games.

Also, the dudebros at spike would never have voted for Graces F since they're footballgunheadz. They voted The Walking Dead, not because they liked it, but because they wanted to present themselves as 'sophisticated', just like the user "sophistication" on this board.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#12Kaiser499Posted 12/8/2012 4:16:33 AM
Sevi_ney posted...
It is an Indy game is DD only

Wrong again, the game is getting a retail release on the 11th.
---
www.twitch.tv/kaiser499
#13Sevi_neyPosted 12/8/2012 4:21:24 AM
Kaiser499 posted...
Sevi_ney posted...
It is an Indy game is DD only

Wrong again, the game is getting a retail release on the 11th.

Yeah, NOW it is.
#14Large_TonberryPosted 12/8/2012 4:21:29 AM
TC, did an indie developer abuse you as a child or something? Because you seem to hate on them incessently.

Also, TWD isn't indie.
#15kitsune2222Posted 12/8/2012 4:21:44 AM
Journey was the true indie GOTY.
#16CallmegePosted 12/8/2012 4:22:48 AM
AXKSION posted...
Aside from Tales of Graces F and Dark Souls Artorias of the Abyss, it was a really s****y abysmal year for games.

Also, the dudebros at spike would never have voted for Graces F since they're footballgunheadz. They voted The Walking Dead, not because they liked it, but because they wanted to present themselves as 'sophisticated', just like the user "sophistication" on this board.

We all know you're sophistication, Greer.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#17SonicMonkeysPosted 12/8/2012 4:30:24 AM
If Mass Effect 3 had been 80% as good as ME2 it could have won GOTY. Too bad it was awful. This is truly the year of video game sequel disappointments. Max Payne 3, Ninja Gaiden 3, Fall of Cybertron, Darksiders 2, The Darkness 2, and Borderlands 2 all just barely scraped by in quality compared to their predecessors, or they were steps down. Assassin's Creed 3 was the only sequel that seemed like a big improvement over a stale, milked series, and it got virtually no negative reviews.

As for GOTY, I think Dishonored is at least as good as Walking Dead personally. XCom got PC game of the year which I think was fitting, since it is both best played on PC and the best PC release.
---
Blame your fate.
#18JahkeemyorkPosted 12/8/2012 4:32:32 AM
Well sorry but

Assassin's Creed III did nothing to really substantiate itself, ACII was the pinnacle in the series the amount of updates that happened and how it was overall way better then I, which was a good game at it's time. III did things better then II but it wasn't as much of an overhaul.

Dishonored was a pretty good contender though, but it also had issues mainly in how forgettable the cast was, it's a great game though but it had some falling out on it.

Mass Effect 3, I think really could have won, like I think the one thing that stopped it from winning was that whole ending debacle which probably made people, even those not familiar to the series to vote on something else. If Mass Effect 3 had an ending people were happy with from the start, that would have taken home GOTY for sure.

Journey, as great as an experience as it is, a lot of people also downplay it due to it's 2-3 hour game. It's an amazing experience with an amazing soundtrack but really if a 2-3 hour game got the award even I can't see it winning. It's not much of a game anyways it got the awards it needed anyways.

Walking Dead however outside of having a huge following, they Tell-Tale really did create a masterpiece on their own. I haven't really seen anyone talk down on the Walking Dead, if anything it got practically the same recognition that Uncharted 2 did just on a different scale, and of course different type of game.

Quite honestly I'm glad Walking Dead won if just for the Fact Tell Tale's been making games since 2004, and a lot of their games are usually overlooked. So seeing them finally get such a huge recognition is really nice to see.
#19howdyneighbor25(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 1:45:05 PM
AXKSION posted...

oh look another weaboo trying to say his terrible games shuld be goty even tho they dont sell that many copies

kitsune2222 posted...
Journey was the true indie GOTY.

lol no .the only good thing about that game was the music and the game play was terrible.
---
Pay Day. Let's roll!
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#20BurgerTime79Posted 12/8/2012 1:51:01 PM
howdyneighbor25 posted...
oh look another (deleted) trying to say his terrible games shuld be goty even tho they dont sell that many copies

No, this is Greer trying to get under people's skin. You fell for it and went right to the bashing.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking