This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The best JRPG this gen?

#141Rydiafan013Posted 12/8/2012 3:59:14 PM
servb0ts posted...
Why make topics like this can't respect peoples opinions.

Respect on a Gamefaqs board?? ... silly you
#142zUkUuPosted 12/8/2012 4:01:04 PM
Lordcrabfood posted...
Nier by a landslide, my fav game this gen actually.

QFT
#143LRPGPosted 12/8/2012 4:25:20 PM(edited)
I agree Valkyria Chronicles being one the best JRPG this gen. I love that you can moving around freely then once you see an enemy you get to fire one shot until your next turn. Really pressures you to make an accurate shot and to have a good position so you won't get ambush by a group of enemies or worst a tank.. You can't just rush on a group of enemies and hope to survive. You actuality have to make a correct move or else you will struggle heavily as the mission goes on. VC feels different than most RPGs and that's why I love the most about it it has the unique gameplay that makes me want to play it more. Too bad the 2nd game didn't get re-released for the home console it would been fun using those Fencers on a more open environment and on a better HD screen seeing them slash and annihilate an opponent leaves a satisfying feeling.

I like this eras of RPGs didn't play that many games but it has produced alot memorable games that were innovative and left you many ways to defeat an opponent. I like RPG games that give you freedom on to do things and how to take down an enemy.

My top 5 JRPGs this gen:
1: Valkyria Chronicles
2. Disgaea 3: Grinding Fun! Duping Fun! Pirate Hunting! The post game for this game made it fun.
3: Tales Of Vesperia: Love the co-op feature and the whole game presented itself real nicely. Everything about it was top notch.
4. Eternal Sonata: 1st RPG of this gen. Button mashing fun! Falsetto is awesome!
5. FFXIII: Despite the flaws it was a decent game. I actually wanted to get all the trophies for it since it was the 1st FF game for this gen and It was a enjoyable experience. Just didn't live up to my expectations :(. No towns *tears*.
---
PSN: LT-2392 Playing: Dead Or Alive 5, Uncharted 3, Final Fantasy 13-2, Dissidia 012, Infamous.
Last Game Finished: Resident Evil 4 HD (12/01/12)
#144servb0tsPosted 12/8/2012 4:27:44 PM
RPG maniac87 posted...
Final Fantasy 13
- Fast, engaging combat system (cancels, interrupts, real time class changing)
- Great storyline and characters
- Absolutely stunning environments.
- One of the best soundtracks this gen alongside Nier.
- Well programmed. Runs like a dream without an install.

You can really tell that they learned from all the things they screwed up in FF12.

FF12 Hell all Final Fantasy are better than FF13 crap. Not everyone like playing a JRPG that limits your freedom, and controls what character you get to use 90% of the entire game. not to mention zero replay value whatsoever.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#145kupo1705Posted 12/8/2012 4:29:48 PM
VGAddict90 posted...
What exactly IS a JRPG? How is it different from a WRPG?

There is absolutely zero difference, aside form the country of origin.
#146LRPGPosted 12/8/2012 4:37:34 PM
RPG maniac87 posted...
Final Fantasy 13
- Fast, engaging combat system (cancels, interrupts, real time class changing)
- Great storyline and characters
- Absolutely stunning environments.
- One of the best soundtracks this gen alongside Nier.
- Well programmed. Runs like a dream without an install.

You can really tell that they learned from all the things they screwed up in FF12.

FF12 Hell all Final Fantasy are better than FF13 crap. Not everyone like playing a JRPG that limits your freedom, and controls what character you get to use 90% of the entire game. not to mention zero replay value whatsoever.

I agree FFXII was better than XIII. Could you imagine if FFXIII had it's graphics combined with FFXII's battles system *drools*. But I can say XIII wasn't bad. I like the strategy you have to invoke to beat certain foes. Also you can choose what actions a character can do just don't use the auto-battle feature. You got me on the replay value though :(. I replayed VII, IX, X, X-2, XII atleast once.
---
PSN: LT-2392 Playing: Dead Or Alive 5, Uncharted 3, Final Fantasy 13-2, Dissidia 012, Infamous.
Last Game I Finished: Resident Evil 4 HD (12/01/12)
#147Riot55555Posted 12/8/2012 4:37:43 PM
Lost Odyssey was WAY beyond anything else this generation.
---
My competitive CS:S videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLxqydBplX0&feature=channel_page&fmt=22
#148LittleBraverPosted 12/8/2012 7:12:01 PM
Valkyria Chronicles is my fave. Only knock on it is that it has no trophy support. Can't we get a trophy update like MGS 4 "SEGA."
#149gilv3rPosted 12/8/2012 7:17:24 PM
Definitely demons souls.
---
i7 2600k : 8GB G. Skill Ripjaws : 7870 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC : 1TB WDCB : 64gig M4 Crucial : 256gig OCZ Vertex 4
#150LordcrabfoodPosted 12/8/2012 10:12:37 PM
zUkUu posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...
Nier by a landslide, my fav game this gen actually.

QFT

I have no idea what QFT means