This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The best JRPG this gen?

#51RebornKusabiPosted 12/8/2012 6:09:44 AM
Demon's/ Dark Souls
---
"The whole ending to MGS2 is a clusterf***. The game was good and then *POW* La Li Lu Le Lo and S.O.P.A. for about 45 minutes." -hankyhank3416
#52ViVi_0rnitierPosted 12/8/2012 6:17:00 AM
It's either Star Ocean 4 or Nier. There aren't that many RPGs on the PS3. If we are talking about all platforms in general i will say The Last Remnant. Good storyline, cool characters amazing soundtrack (on of the best i experienced), refreshing battle system and lots of sidequests. Lost Odyssey is an honorable mention.
---
I go to gamefaqs board by jumping on to the internet and then use stuff like "report" and kill the crap outta trolls.
#53PHEEliNUXPosted 12/8/2012 6:18:10 AM
ViVi_0rnitier posted...
It's either Star Ocean 4 or Nier. There aren't that many RPGs on the PS3. If we are talking about all platforms in general i will say The Last Remnant. Good storyline, cool characters amazing soundtrack (on of the best i experienced), refreshing battle system and lots of sidequests. Lost Odyssey is an honorable mention.

Wat?
#54Large_TonberryPosted 12/8/2012 6:20:13 AM
PHEEliNUX posted...
ViVi_0rnitier posted...

Wat?

He probably meant not many good RPGs, and he'd be right; they're few and far between.
#55PendragoonPosted 12/8/2012 6:41:15 AM
DragoonGriffith posted...
Xenoblade, Vesperia, Radiant Historia.

Probably some more who are just as good, but those were the first on my mind.

Those are the best three currently available in the US. Anyone who says otherwise probably hasn't played them.

Valkyria Chronicles gets an honorable mention even though it isn't a true JRPG.

Demon/Dark Souls is an action RPG, not a traditional JRPG.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#56leonodoPosted 12/8/2012 6:45:05 AM
Ippongi_Ryuta posted...
Tales of Xillia 2

This is the only answer to this topic for those that played the game.
---
Sunshine is overrated...
#57Auron772Posted 12/8/2012 6:49:56 AM(edited)
Xenoblade Chronicles, Tales of Vesperia, or Valkyria Chronicles get my vote.

Best JRPG that was made during this generation of consoles easily goes to Persona 4.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren
#58Evil_GogetaPosted 12/8/2012 6:47:03 AM
leonodo posted...
Ippongi_Ryuta posted...
Tales of Xillia 2

This is the only answer to this topic for those that played the game.

ToX2 is not that good. Don't get me wrong, its better than the original but it was over hyped like the original.

Ni no Kuni wins it for me!
---
PSN: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Yakuza 5 (PC) Guild Wars 2, War Z (3DS) Layton Vs GS and Animal Crossing.
#59GildeDMonkeyPosted 12/8/2012 6:48:49 AM(edited)
Auron772 posted...

Best JRPG that was made in this generation of consoles easily goes to Persona 4.

Persona 4 is a PS2 game... =) This generation?
#60Auron772Posted 12/8/2012 6:49:33 AM
GildeDMonkey posted...
Auron772 posted...

Best JRPG that was made in this generation of consoles easily goes to Persona 4.

Persona 4 is a PS2 game... =) This generation?

Sorry, should have said made during this generation.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren