This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if Activision bought Take-Two?

#1bigdeezPosted 12/8/2012 5:20:45 AM
What a horrible thought that is. We would see half ass grand theft auto's every year, bioshock would turn into Call of Duty.........the horror!!!
#2Nate_DihldorffPosted 12/8/2012 7:27:16 AM
They've tried and failed.
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#3MattUK07Posted 12/8/2012 7:29:08 AM
They couldn't Rockstar own the IP for GTA not sure about Bioshock but I believe 2K games own it
---
The Last Of Us, Beyond, Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed 3 are my favourite games from E3 2012
#4gtaking5Posted 12/8/2012 7:34:02 AM(edited)
Yeah. No one will ever buy TTWO. EA tried, twice. Both times failed more horribly than Superman 64. If EA failed massively, you even think Activision has a chance?

They couldn't Rockstar own the IP for GTA not sure about Bioshock but I believe 2K games own it

They may, but because they themselves are owned by TTWO, it's up to TTWO to decide what to do with the GTA franchise(and BioShock). But Strauss(the CEO of TTWO) is a nice guy, and knows how important the GTA franchise is. Because of that, R* have full reign over whatever happens to the franchise. In the events of a successful buyout(like that'll ever happen) R* can terminate all contracts with TTWO, risk free, Strauss even publicly announced that during the EA debacle back in 08. The same probably goes for other big franchise developers.

TTWO, along with Insomniac, are probably some of the best video game companies to work at.
---
My imagination runs away, on this 8th avenue serenade
Meet me at the bathroom stall, meet me at the Whispering Wall before all the flames burn out