This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioshock Infinite looks amazing

#21VanderZooPosted 12/8/2012 6:38:48 AM
LunarRoar posted...
VanderZoo posted...
No one has seen the gameplay yet so you can't comment on that. And it's GTA, you either like it or you don't, the industry at large seems to, so by default it's in the running for GOTY nominations.

True enough, but if GTA IV's gameplay is anything to go by, GTA V won't be much to write home about.

Well I think Rockstar has already said they're fixing a lot of the issues people had with IV (driving etc). I'm not even the biggest fan of GTA, but I think V looks really awesome, I love the setting already, just from the trailer you can tell it's going to be more fun than IV.
#22LunarRoarPosted 12/8/2012 6:43:36 AM
VanderZoo posted...
LunarRoar posted...
VanderZoo posted...
No one has seen the gameplay yet so you can't comment on that. And it's GTA, you either like it or you don't, the industry at large seems to, so by default it's in the running for GOTY nominations.

True enough, but if GTA IV's gameplay is anything to go by, GTA V won't be much to write home about.

Well I think Rockstar has already said they're fixing a lot of the issues people had with IV (driving etc). I'm not even the biggest fan of GTA, but I think V looks really awesome, I love the setting already, just from the trailer you can tell it's going to be more fun than IV.

Hmm I wouldn't say that. Trailers can always look nice but until I see gameplay, I won't budge. That said, surpassing GTA IV is easy, it's surpassing RDR that is the challenge.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)
#23SoliquidusPosted 12/8/2012 9:13:54 AM
There are quite a few games I am looking forward to next year, but Bioshock: Infinite is definitely #1, and I honestly think it will blow every other game away.

Not a fan of GTA, but i'm sure it will be a Critical Darling. Not sure why, seeing that the GTA Series doesn't do anything exceptionally well except for the Voice Acting, but whatever I guess. It is gonna get rave reviews, but I still don't think it will be on the level of Infinite

The Last of Us I am looking forward to, but I don't think it has a chance against Infinite either. Personally, even though I love Naughty Dog, and I think they are one of the most Talented Devs in the Industry, I am getting a bit tired with their formula as of recent. I want games with Strong Gameplay, and pervasive gameplay. I don't want to watch a game. There will be moments in TLoU where you go from gameplay where you have control over Joel, straight into a situation where you have no control, yet it is touted as "gameplay". I don't like it. Games that do this take me out of a game, more than bring me into it. It doesn't feel right. I'm sure those situations will do quite a bit to create tension, but it doesn't really do much for me in other games with similar situations

Looking forward to other games like -
God of War: Ascension
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Metro: Last Light
Crysis 3
Ni No Kuni

I don't think any of those games have a chance against Infinite tho.

Infinite is a game that has a strong narrative and deals with heavy subject matter. One that deals with both Political, and Social Issues. The Political and Social Commentary in the Original Bioshock was intriguing, and Infinite seems to be doing just the same. The Narrative in general is sure to be strong

Almost never in Infinite will you feel like you aren't in control of your actions. The gameplay will be pervasive, and wont make you feel as though you are taken out of the game, through weak gameplay mechanics. The aspect of actual gameplay in Infinite is strong. Yet, the game will create many moments that will make it feel larger than life. Irrational handles Set Piece Moments masterfully.

The Art Direction and Aesthetic are above and beyond. Most definitely one of the more beautiful games this gen. The Visual quality of the game itself is also nothing to scoff at.

The Voice Overs are spot on, the sound effects are rich, and the music is atmospheric

How can games that are weak in certain departments, compare to a game that is strong in every department? They don't. They wont

Infinite will destroy everything next year. Irrational Games......what talent!
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#24VanderZooPosted 12/8/2012 9:30:23 PM
Soliquidus posted...
There are quite a few games I am looking forward to next year, but Bioshock: Infinite is definitely #1, and I honestly think it will blow every other game away.

Not a fan of GTA, but i'm sure it will be a Critical Darling. Not sure why, seeing that the GTA Series doesn't do anything exceptionally well except for the Voice Acting, but whatever I guess. It is gonna get rave reviews, but I still don't think it will be on the level of Infinite

The Last of Us I am looking forward to, but I don't think it has a chance against Infinite either. Personally, even though I love Naughty Dog, and I think they are one of the most Talented Devs in the Industry, I am getting a bit tired with their formula as of recent. I want games with Strong Gameplay, and pervasive gameplay. I don't want to watch a game. There will be moments in TLoU where you go from gameplay where you have control over Joel, straight into a situation where you have no control, yet it is touted as "gameplay". I don't like it. Games that do this take me out of a game, more than bring me into it. It doesn't feel right. I'm sure those situations will do quite a bit to create tension, but it doesn't really do much for me in other games with similar situations

Looking forward to other games like -
God of War: Ascension
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Metro: Last Light
Crysis 3
Ni No Kuni

I don't think any of those games have a chance against Infinite tho.

Infinite is a game that has a strong narrative and deals with heavy subject matter. One that deals with both Political, and Social Issues. The Political and Social Commentary in the Original Bioshock was intriguing, and Infinite seems to be doing just the same. The Narrative in general is sure to be strong

Almost never in Infinite will you feel like you aren't in control of your actions. The gameplay will be pervasive, and wont make you feel as though you are taken out of the game, through weak gameplay mechanics. The aspect of actual gameplay in Infinite is strong. Yet, the game will create many moments that will make it feel larger than life. Irrational handles Set Piece Moments masterfully.

The Art Direction and Aesthetic are above and beyond. Most definitely one of the more beautiful games this gen. The Visual quality of the game itself is also nothing to scoff at.

The Voice Overs are spot on, the sound effects are rich, and the music is atmospheric

How can games that are weak in certain departments, compare to a game that is strong in every department? They don't. They wont

Infinite will destroy everything next year. Irrational Games......what talent!

Well let me ask you; do you think Infinite will be more emotional than The Last of Us? Because that's specifically what Naughty Dog is aiming for with this game. And Levine seems to be doing the same thing by creating an emotional connection with Elizabeth.

I mean we can argue about which game has the better gameplay, but it seems like the main goal of both games is to create an emotional response, and based on what I've seen of both games so far; The Last of Us is going to do that better.
#25SoliquidusPosted 12/9/2012 4:08:41 AM
The only reason that TLoU "seems" to be doing this better, is because Ellie is a prevalent aspect of the game. She is always there, so you can't help but feel connected to her. I like to call it the ICO effect. Perhaps coming to the end, she wont be there in some manner, but she will be there for most of the game at least, and this will create the bond.

It has nothing to do with the employment of tools, but more to do with the story. TLoU Story has Ellie as a prevalent aspect. Infinite Story has Liz there, but she isn't as prevalent as Ellie in TLoU. The Story is what makes the difference here, yet many players will feel connected to Liz and will want to resolve conflict in Infinite as well

In the end, who is to say which game will illicit greater emotional responses from the player? Isn't that up to the player themselves? I guess we will just have to wait for these games, and experience them for ourselves to see.
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#26NolaxPosted 12/9/2012 6:00:16 AM
Looks like just a overhyped FPS to me....yeah FPS games suck, this genre needs to die.
---
L button on my keyboard doesn't work very well.
#27SoliquidusPosted 12/9/2012 7:25:14 AM
@ Nolax

A thread on Gamefaqs just wouldn't be the same without a noob comment like yours. Thank you sir. This thread is now complete
---
#28Soanevalcke6Posted 12/9/2012 7:32:10 AM
I want to get Hyped for it, but I'll probably be dissapointed.

I got Hyped for Dishonored this year, and that turned out to be incredibly disappointing.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
I'm a Genre-Pro. Great Music: http://tinyurl.com/d8f78ax