This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do you dislike Uncharted?

#1hockeybub89Posted 12/8/2012 1:26:02 PM
With the Tomb Raider topics and a lot of stuff in general, I see a lot of hate or indifference towards Uncharted.

What are your reasons for not liking the series?

Personally, I love the games, especially Uncharted 2. I feel the story would be worthy of a highly reviewed action movie. The pacing is good. The characters are good. The games are linear, but nothing else would make any sense for this type of game. The gunplay is good in all 3 games, U3 gave the game its best melee combat, and U2 had one of the best shooter multiplayers on the PS3.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#2kupo1705Posted 12/8/2012 1:27:17 PM
I don't dislike it.

I enjoyed UC2, I just don't get where all the hype come from.
It's a good game, but not anything special.
#3ChaingunmasterPosted 12/8/2012 1:30:52 PM
I don't dislike it, but it gets a lot of praise for what is basically a vanilla third person shooter with an ultra high budget and some great setpieces.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#4Figure09Posted 12/8/2012 1:31:34 PM
I don't get how people come on and say series like uncharted aren't special. How many games of that high quality have been released? How many games blur the lines between action movie and action game that also tells a good story? The uncharted series truly is special and that's not even up for debate. It's a fact.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0946-3552-1822
#5kupo1705Posted 12/8/2012 1:33:19 PM
Figure09 posted...
I don't get how people come on and say series like uncharted aren't special. How many games of that high quality have been released? How many games blur the lines between action movie and action game that also tells a good story? The uncharted series truly is special and that's not even up for debate. It's a fact.

Being like a movie is more of a bad thing than a good thing.
#6Vs1991Posted 12/8/2012 1:34:08 PM
It's fun the first time you play it. After that, it's boring. Linear and scripted as f***

replayed Uncharted 1 recently and it wasn't as good as i remembered
#7ChaingunmasterPosted 12/8/2012 1:34:48 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Figure09 posted...

Being like a movie is more of a bad thing than a good thing.

That and he stated his opinion as fact, he might as well have thrown his opinion in the garbage after that in my eyes.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#8HENTAIDOJIPosted 12/8/2012 1:35:41 PM
Lack of exploration in a game about an explorer
Prerendered cutscenes praise
No co-op campaign.
Poor split-screen if its even there at all.
Framerate issues.
Dialogue from the Shia Labouf mix tape ("no no no i'm being shot at no no no")
Drake is a mass murderer

Thankfully a number of reviewers noticed these design flaws in 3 and scored the game down a whole bunch, affirming the series is on a steep quality decline (see Golden Abyss and that card game thing) and since it never sold well, will be dead soon.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#9Chr0noidPosted 12/8/2012 1:35:51 PM
I loved U1 and 2. U3 was garbage on the count of it had no replay value for single player. Bought it used just to spite Naughty Dog.
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O
#10Louie The LizardPosted 12/8/2012 1:38:48 PM
Yeah Naughty Dog has been one of the best Developers this Gen, Especially if the Last of Us is a great game like Uncharted.

Really the only people who bash Uncharted are

=================
1.) XBox Fanboys - Very infamous for attacking it, same way PS3 fanboys attack Halo/Gears

2.) Call of Duty Gamers - They don't care about plots, character development etc.Gunplay also takes time to aim, pay attention to surroundings etc...So this game doesn't interest them. So they just generally don't like it.

3.) Hipster Trolls - They think its cool to bash anything getting praise. So any game highly praised on here they will be often seen bashing games like Dark Souls, Mass Effect, Gear of War, Uncharted etc.
=================

Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that its a great game 96% chance they are one of the above. The occasional soccer mom or something could have a valid case.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have some disturbing news. In the summer of 79, the Ferret posed NUDE. - Louie the Budweiser Lizard