This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do you dislike Uncharted?

#21gamestop27Posted 12/8/2012 12:54:11 PM
Average gunplay
Terrible platforming
No exploration
The praise for trying to be an American action movie.
---
A birther, a creationist, an anti-vaxxer, and a conspiracy theorist walk into a bar. They are the same person.
#22Louie The LizardPosted 12/8/2012 12:55:38 PM
Chaingunmaster posted...
Those aren't even my arguments, though I'm still impressed you managed to reply without mashing your face against the keyboard in a fanboy rage.

Yeah I know they were not your arguments, just the only arguments I saw in this topic and took a few minutes to Prove to you my Law of 3 For Uncharted haters.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have some disturbing news. In the summer of 79, the Ferret posed NUDE. - Louie the Budweiser Lizard
#23ChaingunmasterPosted 12/8/2012 12:56:21 PM
I don't even hate the series, I just think it's massively overrated.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#24glory of power metalPosted 12/8/2012 1:06:55 PM
The first game was short as hell, came to an abrupt stop with one of the most anti-climactic boss fights ever, and the plot was totally abandoned as if it never happened in the second. Both plots were shallow Indiana Jones rip-off summer blockbuster affairs with cookie cutter characters. Bad guy, "No one could have survived that! Let's assume he's dead and move on," moments are a big pet peeve of mine and they practically drove the second game. On the same note, *UNCHARTED 2 SPOILERS* I'm tired of being one step behind a maniac looking to obtain ultimate power, only to catch up to him a moment too late when he finds it and I have to fight him as a super human. *END SPOILERS*

The cover system was poorly done, I often had Drake vaulting over obstacles, running to the nearest ledge and dropping off of it, or simply refusing to duck behind something, when it was not the command I was putting in. I experienced multiple glitches such as Drake getting stuck in objects in the environment until he died, simply dropping dead for no reason, and npc walking off of ledges counting as a death for me.

The games weren't bad, and were certainly very nice to look at, but I'm astounded that they are so well received. I'd give Uncharted 2 a solid 7/10 and hope that the combat mechanics got a massive overhaul for the 3rd game as well as a plot that doesn't feel like a Raiders of the Lost Ark fanfic.
---
QT x314159.
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#25HENTAIDOJIPosted 12/8/2012 1:26:15 PM(edited)
There are plenty of hidden areas/items to explore, sure its linear for the majority, but this game isn't telling you its an MMO. The amount of exploring in an Action/Adventure game is fine.

Prerendered cutscenes praise - Is this even a bash? The Cutscenes are incredible, and don't take away too much time from Gameplay, which is what MGS4 struggled with

Im not talking about the cutscenes interfering with gameplay (although ND does seem, to be the only one this gen interested in predominantly taking away player control), i'm says the basic standard is real-time cutscenes. It's lazy devs. It's worse when the developers LIE about it repeatedly, which in this case, they did.

No co-op campaign. - It was really overrated with Re5, and took away from the game. Same with 6. Co-op mode is pretty fun in Uncharted 2/3. I dont want to wait for a friend to play the campaign.

It's amazing in Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3, Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Crackdown, Crackdown 2 and more I can't mention...in fact, subjectively RE is probably the only game where co-op was not an improvement.

A game without full campaign co-op is incomplete. Lazy devs.

Poor split-screen if its even there at all. - Ok proof that you haven't even played, the Split screen is great, but if you are that butthurt over split-screen games....Wii U is that way

Well lets see the first game had no multiplayer. Lazy.
The second game had no split-screen. Lazy.
The third games split-screen is lower rez than 360 launch games and still doesn't cover campaign. Sorry, why shoud I spend $60 on a feature lite game?

Ok, here is proof we can safely conclude he's probably #1 in my example. Many Xbox ports have frame-rate issues when ported to PS3. Uncharted is beautifully done without frame issues. Hes just falling back on the typical ps3 game attack without having played it.

Joke? The first game rat at about 25fps with tearing you wouldn't find in a launch game.
If you need more proof, the latest game drops to 20fps with only 2 characters on screen

Now we're just trying to fatten up the lists of complaints against Uncharted.

Poor plots legit. If I wanted to fatten things up we could talk about the reduction of player interaction.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#26teh1337gosuPosted 12/8/2012 1:28:22 PM
gamestop27 posted...
Average gunplay
Terrible platforming
No exploration
The praise for trying to be an American action movie.

This, I dislike uncharted.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#27crazyman32Posted 12/8/2012 1:35:38 PM
I don't dislike Uncharted myself I own all 3 games and I had a blast playing all 3.I like the U3 mp as well and I am planning on getting into some more soon.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#28UniversquallPosted 12/8/2012 1:36:43 PM
Because of how much stress it has caused HENTAIDOJI and the rest of his people over this generation. Apart from that they are great.
---
NP: (PS2) Suikoden III (PS3) PSABR (Vita) PSABR (PC) Gothic (Wii U) Xenoblade (360) Nothing lately
#29stawg007Posted 12/8/2012 1:36:50 PM
Vs1991 posted...
It's fun the first time you play it. After that, it's boring. Linear and scripted as f***

replayed Uncharted 1 recently and it wasn't as good as i remembered

This
---
GT: lPayneToTheMaxl
#30glory of power metalPosted 12/8/2012 1:44:39 PM
I'd also like to add to my post to sort of sum it up, it wasn't that I found the plot and gameplay bad, it just felt like a last gen game in those regards. Lacking the level of polish and depth that are now the norm. I bet it I played UC1 when it first came out I would've felt differently.
---
QT x314159.
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher