This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do you dislike Uncharted?

#31RoflCopter4000Posted 12/8/2012 2:44:39 PM
There are no little girls in skimpy outfits, no hours of pointless grinding, and no fetch quests. What a terrible game.
#32Figure09Posted 12/8/2012 2:46:02 PM
To be fair the topic is why do YOU dislike uncharted and for the people who have brought up valid points of their personal dislike of the franchise I think is fine. My biggest problem is when people will purposefully ignore all the actual horrible or average third person shooters that exist and say uncharted is the worst or it's overrated.

The game screams quality. anyone should be able to recognize that right away. From the voice acting to the motion capturing both for cutscenes and gameplay and the incredible graphics and art direction are just a few examples of what make the series just a little more respected then Mercs2 (an actual average bad looking third person shooter still fun though)

Now If that's not your thing that's totally understandable and to the people who said as much without having to bash it good on you but gaming culture is at a low here when we're constantly bashing and hating instead of enjoying and exploring the creation of these worlds and characters.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0946-3552-1822
#33Dark_SpiretPosted 12/8/2012 2:49:14 PM
i dont dislike uncharted. i think it does what its trying to do very well, but i dont like how its linear, overly scripted and highly flashy design is being used as a prime example for many games today.
#34flagg2kplusPosted 12/8/2012 2:55:48 PM
Chaingunmaster posted...
I don't dislike it, but it gets a lot of praise for what is basically a vanilla third person shooter with an ultra high budget and some great setpieces.

Exactly this.

Im also not into shooters 3rd person or 1st for the most part. Only a couple of exceptions.
---
My favorite game of the year
http://youtu.be/lTuayBk_NyY
#35Still__RippinPosted 12/8/2012 2:56:45 PM
Louie The Lizard posted...
Yeah Naughty Dog has been one of the best Developers this Gen, Especially if the Last of Us is a great game like Uncharted.

Really the only people who bash Uncharted are

=================
1.) XBox Fanboys - Very infamous for attacking it, same way PS3 fanboys attack Halo/Gears

2.) Call of Duty Gamers - They don't care about plots, character development etc.Gunplay also takes time to aim, pay attention to surroundings etc...So this game doesn't interest them. So they just generally don't like it.

3.) Hipster Trolls - They think its cool to bash anything getting praise. So any game highly praised on here they will be often seen bashing games like Dark Souls, Mass Effect, Gear of War, Uncharted etc.
=================

Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that its a great game 96% chance they are one of the above. The occasional soccer mom or something could have a valid case.

Lmfao. War an elitist attitude you have. Let me explai why I don't like Uncharted.

I don't like Nathans personality. I just don't.
The story is lackluster at best.
Bullet sponge enemies.
Graphics aren't as great as people say.
A game about exploring for treasure with no exploring?
The "platforming" is laughable.

I could go on but I'll leave on this. As far as set piece TPS go, MP3>any Uncharted game.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#36Louie The LizardPosted 12/8/2012 2:58:35 PM(edited)
HENTAIDOJI looking at your posts history being Majority on the XBOX board, im not taking anXbox Troll seriously, Most of your attacks were just subliminally praising Xbox games and not giving any serious complaints about Uncharted. but I will give you a quick reply to a few points

HENTAIDOJI posted...

It's amazing in Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3, Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Crackdown, Crackdown 2 and more I can't mention...in fact, subjectively RE is probably the only game where co-op was not an improvement.

Now stop and ask yourself of all the games you listed, what do the majority of them have in common? First Person Shooters!! Very original!! So your knock against Uncharted is its not following the same generic style as a FPS? Please actually think your arguments through. The Co-op ads nothing to TPS games...so why do you want it in Uncharted?

It's also amazing when you create FPS #0110199492 this Gen and dull out the backdrop graphics you can achieve more in terms of co-op online. Since your next argument you call Uncharted Lazy while praising FPSers im skipping it.

Joke? The first game rat at about 25fps with tearing you wouldn't find in a launch game.
If you need more proof, the latest game drops to 20fps with only 2 characters on screen

Again, actually look at your arguments before you post. A Simple Google search for someone who hasn't played the game would see Uncharted 2/3 tested at a constant 30 FPS. The occasional dip came up sure, but thats in all games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Zo9fQ7S02Rg

Whew that Frame Rate in Halo 3 Sure was a thing of Beauty!!!

Poor plots legit. If I wanted to fatten things up we could talk about the reduction of player interaction.

That Quote was not about the plot is was to the Argument "Drakes a Mass Murderer" which is just a silly argument. Especially since you clearly idolize Halo and Gears.

Please go back to the Xbox board, or go play Halo version 19 lool.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have some disturbing news. In the summer of 79, the Ferret posed NUDE. - Louie the Budweiser Lizard
#37ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/8/2012 2:58:18 PM
Because it's a mediocre TPS.
#38synthetiksinPosted 12/8/2012 2:59:55 PM
It's boring to me. I know there's some really good parts, but I never felt like I needed to sit there and actually play them all the way. Just felt like there wasn't any actual objective to the game. Granted I've only played a few hours at the beginning of each game.
#39jabboonPosted 12/8/2012 3:00:52 PM
LOL Louie laying the Crunch down on that Xbox nerd, Uncharted is indeed an awesome game, most Xbox fans just whine because its an epic game they can't play.
---
Layin the Crunch Down-The Eredar Legends
#40Still__RippinPosted 12/8/2012 3:03:34 PM
jabboon posted...
LOL Louie laying the Crunch down on that Xbox nerd, Uncharted is indeed an awesome game, most Xbox fans just whine because its an epic game they can't play.

So ironic. This is the ultimate fanboy post.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls