This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do you dislike Uncharted?

#41Louie The LizardPosted 12/8/2012 2:06:40 PM
jabboon posted...
LOL Louie laying the Crunch down on that Xbox nerd, Uncharted is indeed an awesome game, most Xbox fans just whine because its an epic game they can't play.

heh, not exactly hard, Remember the Law of 3 for Uncharted bashers and you can own any of them, just find out which category they fall under. After a few posts at him we discovered he was clearly #1.

Just some little kid trying to convince himself hes not missing anything by not playing the game.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have some disturbing news. In the summer of 79, the Ferret posed NUDE. - Louie the Budweiser Lizard
#42ChaingunmasterPosted 12/8/2012 2:14:37 PM
RoflCopter4000 posted...
There are no little girls in skimpy outfits, no hours of pointless grinding, and no fetch quests. What a terrible game.

Urgh.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#43theatrical_catPosted 12/8/2012 2:18:00 PM
I disagree on the story point. The story in the first game was really pretty awful, and it shocks me that no one ever says so. It was a kinda cool action adventure style story, Drake being a snarky action hero, and that was cool. And then MAGIC ZOMBIES CREATED BY A MOTHERHUMPING MUMMY FOR CHRIST'S SAKE. It's a stupid twist that doesn't fit, there was no build up, and the main villains were either incompetent or not intimidating. (I'm looking at you, Navarro.) Gameplay-wise, it was clunky and awkward, climbing was a chore and the cover mecanics were annoying at best. And don't get me started on the stupid Sixaxis controls- it made using grenades impossible for me in that game. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune did a whole lot wrong.

The story in Among Thieves was better, yeah, but not what I would call good. Elena was gone for no reason, Sully was gone for no reason, Drake was a lot more unlikable and hard to relate to, and Chloe was a b***h. Lezaravic was a much better villain, I did like him, and the grenades were sooooo much better in U2. But the story dragged on so long, the magic part makes no sense ( drinking the sap made Lezaravic invulnerable but turned other guys into magic zombies...? And why did they dress like yetis?) and I just found it hard to care. Gameplay was improved all around, but far from perfect (cover still sucks and the platforming was a joke). Better game, certainly not one of the best games ever like so many people say.

3 I feel is the best out of the games. I haven't finished it yet, but so far, the story is better than any of the other ones (god, I love Charlie) and the combat was improved even more. The first game was crap, the second game was alright, but Drake's Deception is the only game of the series I might call "great", on a good day.

So most of why I don't like Uncharted series: awfully overrated story, clunky tank-like controls, and stupid magic twists that ruin what cool adventure feeling the games had.

(Don't misunderstand me: there are some things i like about the games, mostly the voice actors are magnificent and the graphics can be quite pretty some of the time. The negatives just faaaaaaar outweigh the positives to me.)
#44Louie The LizardPosted 12/8/2012 2:21:27 PM(edited)
Still__Rippin posted...
Louie The Lizard posted...
Yeah Naughty Dog has been one of the best Developers this Gen, Especially if the Last of Us is a great game like Uncharted.

Really the only people who bash Uncharted are

=================
1.) XBox Fanboys - Very infamous for attacking it, same way PS3 fanboys attack Halo/Gears

2.) Call of Duty Gamers - They don't care about plots, character development etc.Gunplay also takes time to aim, pay attention to surroundings etc...So this game doesn't interest them. So they just generally don't like it.

3.) Hipster Trolls - They think its cool to bash anything getting praise. So any game highly praised on here they will be often seen bashing games like Dark Souls, Mass Effect, Gear of War, Uncharted etc.
=================

Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that its a great game 96% chance they are one of the above. The occasional soccer mom or something could have a valid case.

Lmfao. War an elitist attitude you have. Let me explai why I don't like Uncharted.

I don't like Nathans personality. I just don't.
The story is lackluster at best.
Bullet sponge enemies.
Graphics aren't as great as people say.
A game about exploring for treasure with no exploring?
The "platforming" is laughable.

I could go on but I'll leave on this. As far as set piece TPS go, MP3>any Uncharted game.

And for those who still Question my Law of 3, lets look at our next Uncharted Basher.

He finds the story boring, Complains about kills taking too long, and bashes the Graphics....Which of the 3 would you guess he is?

If you answered 2 you are correct! A Call of Duty Casual Gamer. Lets double check our Work with his signature....

Currently Playing: Black Ops 2

Law of 3 Continues to hold up. lol
---
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have some disturbing news. In the summer of 79, the Ferret posed NUDE. - Louie the Budweiser Lizard
#45wwkPosted 12/8/2012 2:35:09 PM
louies rule of 3 is correct, all the uncharted haters are xbots or call of duty welfares
---
I own you nerds, http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/dizeeStL Check out my live streams http://www.twitch.tv/dizeestl
#46HENTAIDOJIPosted 12/8/2012 3:18:34 PM
Most of your attacks were just subliminally praising Xbox games and not giving any serious complaints about Uncharted.

Being incomplete is not a serious complaint. I think you need to check the history there on that one. Uncharted 3 was rushed and it shows.

The occasional dip came up sure, but thats in all games.

No not all. Some games do have flawless framerates and Uncharted games are not these games.

Now stop and ask yourself of all the games you listed, what do the majority of them have in common? First Person Shooters!! Very original!!

If you've have counted there's 8 FPS games and 7 third person games, 8 if you include Resident Evil. 9 if you include RE6, 10 if you include Gears Judgement which could have been there.

Standards aren't restrained by genre anyway. You're reaching there.

So your knock against Uncharted is its not following the same generic style as a FPS?

I'm saying Uncharted games have trouble keeping up with industry standards.
Multiplayer. Late. Splitscreen. Late and poorly implemented. Even Halo 1 lets me play the campaign with a friend on the same console. 8 years of development on PS3 and Naughty Dog still can't manage that? Unacceptable!

The Co-op ads nothing to TPS games...so why do you want it in Uncharted?

It's already in Uncharted, so you can't blame me there. It's substandard is why I don't like it.

Whew that Frame Rate in Halo 3 Sure was a thing of Beauty!!!

Well that's online for a start (as stated in you link lol) and that's 4 player splitscreen and 5 years old. Uncharted 3 can't handle 2 characters in campaign without hitting 20fps. I simple google search would tell you that much.

That Quote was not about the plot is was to the Argument "Drakes a Mass Murderer" which is just a silly argument.

Yes it does. They haven't resolved his motivation. In each game they don't explain not only why he's doing what he's doing, but that he actively chooses to interfere with despots who he could leave just as easily alone. In 3 they retcon it so he's not even related to SFD and that just makes him want to kill more.

Why?
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#47ElBorak77Posted 12/8/2012 3:19:29 PM
i just got uncharted 2 and it rules.
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#48wwkPosted 12/8/2012 3:25:56 PM
HENTAIDOJI how many times has your xbox rrod??
---
I own you nerds, http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/dizeeStL Check out my live streams http://www.twitch.tv/dizeestl
#49Louie The LizardPosted 12/8/2012 3:39:01 PM(edited)
Sorry Xbox HentaiBoy or whatever, I limit my responses to Xbox trolls at 1 per topic, especially since you just once again repeated vague Strawmen Arguments that can be solved in simple google search. I'm not bothering the quote each statement.

Especially with stuff like claiming "Halo 3 is 5 years old!!" but you attack Uncharted 1 and 2? (Obviously Uncharted 2 is only a few years old, but if your using age as a factor, yet compare it to games that are out today?) Yeah ok kid.

Please go back to your Halo Version 19, when you can afford to play Uncharted, then come back to me.
---
#50stawg007Posted 12/8/2012 3:31:19 PM
Louie The Lizard posted...

=================
1.) XBox Fanboys - Very infamous for attacking it, same way PS3 fanboys attack Halo/Gears

2.) Call of Duty Gamers - They don't care about plots, character development etc.Gunplay also takes time to aim, pay attention to surroundings etc...So this game doesn't interest them. So they just generally don't like it.

3.) Hipster Trolls - They think its cool to bash anything getting praise. So any game highly praised on here they will be often seen bashing games like Dark Souls, Mass Effect, Gear of War, Uncharted etc.

Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that its a great game 96% chance they are one of the above. The occasional soccer mom or something could have a valid case.

One of the most ridiculous and idiotic posts iv ever read on this site and iv read a lot of moronic ****
---
GT: lPayneToTheMaxl