This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do you dislike Uncharted?

#81Thor61Posted 12/8/2012 5:08:50 PM
Uncharted is boring because they try to make the gameplay seem like a playable movie. I'd rather a game with good gameplay design and no story than a game with lame game design that tries to make it appear as a Michael Bay movie.
#82BilI_RizerPosted 12/8/2012 5:29:35 PM
I dislike the series because:

-Utterly sick of cinematic games filled with scripted set pieces
-Platforming is completely mindless and boring
-So are the puzzles
-Combat is mediocre with bad enemy placement and variety
-Constantly trying to push you forward with giving you hints every 10 seconds(like we need them in a game so straightforward)
-Melee combat is a joke
-Filled with glitches and inconsistencies; sometimes you can jump eight feet(because the game is so scripted) and other times he'll jump half a foot because it's not something that is clearly cut for progression. Just feels superficial

If you disagree and like the series, that's fine. But before any rabid fanboys decide to attack me, realize that I gave legitimate criticisms and your opinion is not above mine.
---
GameFAQs-where everyone is a six-digit earning tech expert, bodybuilder, and politician with 9 girlfriends while having fathomless middle-age wisdom.
#83vanguard29Posted 12/8/2012 5:30:03 PM
Louie The Lizard posted...
Yeah Naughty Dog has been one of the best Developers this Gen, Especially if the Last of Us is a great game like Uncharted.

Really the only people who bash Uncharted are

=================
1.) XBox Fanboys - Very infamous for attacking it, same way PS3 fanboys attack Halo/Gears

2.) Call of Duty Gamers - They don't care about plots, character development etc.Gunplay also takes time to aim, pay attention to surroundings etc...So this game doesn't interest them. So they just generally don't like it.

3.) Hipster Trolls - They think its cool to bash anything getting praise. So any game highly praised on here they will be often seen bashing games like Dark Souls, Mass Effect, Gear of War, Uncharted etc.
=================

Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that its a great game 96% chance they are one of the above. The occasional soccer mom or something could have a valid case.

i find these words fair and accept them.

now, how much that is worth is up for debate.
---
"Even If the morrow is barren of promises / Nothing shall forestall my return"
#84Brocken_JrPosted 12/8/2012 5:31:02 PM
its to boring to me
---
rtyffa776 asdf tfch776 bhjby uihjk776 swdfe776 kjhy vbfg evbisymru776 dswer gyoeymun776
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Y_QX4Me4Q
#85shnoob2Posted 12/8/2012 5:38:45 PM
It's popular.
/thread
---
"GET OFF MY PLANE!"- Han Solo in Airforce One
DLC and Online Passes = the downfall of video games.
#86TeraPatrick2008Posted 12/8/2012 5:40:19 PM
Because it's a mediocre game series totally overhyped by the kids who play it.
#87Afrotastic_JPosted 12/8/2012 6:43:51 PM
Uncharted is honestly one of the most amazing series of this gen.
---
"I... am... KROGAN!" -- Urdnot Grunt
#88You_Need_A_LifePosted 12/8/2012 6:51:06 PM
Figure09 posted...
Yeah this is why we need a gaming site that people who actually know and respect games can talk. otherwise we get users like "sophistication" looking for attention blowing up topics for fun it's getting annoying on this site.

He and I have had our disagreements in the past, but on this count, I agree with everything, except the graphics. I think they're pretty good, but then I'm also don't really think graphics are all that important, so I don't really notice whether they're good or bad like others do.

Man, I'm sick of everyone who has a different opinion being labeled a troll. So many stupid kids play games these days.
#89nintendogamer13Posted 12/8/2012 6:53:29 PM
They are heavily story driven with almost no replay value, no customizable options and no items to unlock and equip. When you're done, you're done. At least that's why i didn't like em, and i didnt even finish UC2.
#90redhotpeppersPosted 12/8/2012 7:03:28 PM
I don't dislike Uncharted. I enjoyed every game in the series.