This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do you dislike Uncharted?

#91SolVanderlynPosted 12/8/2012 8:22:38 PM
If I were to give a reason... because it exists instead of PS3 Jak and Daxter games.
#92Still__RippinPosted 12/8/2012 8:24:50 PM
Louie The Lizard posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Louie The Lizard posted...
Yeah Naughty Dog has been one of the best Developers this Gen, Especially if the Last of Us is a great game like Uncharted.

Really the only people who bash Uncharted are

=================
1.) XBox Fanboys - Very infamous for attacking it, same way PS3 fanboys attack Halo/Gears

2.) Call of Duty Gamers - They don't care about plots, character development etc.Gunplay also takes time to aim, pay attention to surroundings etc...So this game doesn't interest them. So they just generally don't like it.

3.) Hipster Trolls - They think its cool to bash anything getting praise. So any game highly praised on here they will be often seen bashing games like Dark Souls, Mass Effect, Gear of War, Uncharted etc.
=================

Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that its a great game 96% chance they are one of the above. The occasional soccer mom or something could have a valid case.

Lmfao. War an elitist attitude you have. Let me explai why I don't like Uncharted.

I don't like Nathans personality. I just don't.
The story is lackluster at best.
Bullet sponge enemies.
Graphics aren't as great as people say.
A game about exploring for treasure with no exploring?
The "platforming" is laughable.

I could go on but I'll leave on this. As far as set piece TPS go, MP3>any Uncharted game.

And for those who still Question my Law of 3, lets look at our next Uncharted Basher.

He finds the story boring, Complains about kills taking too long, and bashes the Graphics....Which of the 3 would you guess he is?

If you answered 2 you are correct! A Call of Duty Casual Gamer. Lets double check our Work with his signature....

Currently Playing: Black Ops 2

Law of 3 Continues to hold up. lol

Very clever of you to categorize me while stealthiy hiding the fact that you in actuality did not respond to my post at all. So in a "call of duty gamer who doesn't care about story" yet one of my favorite games had been The Walking Dead? I play BO2 for the MP. Also, I listed a far super TPS, Max Payne 3. And to me, that game out does Uncharted in every aspect.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#93mmpepsiPosted 12/8/2012 8:34:42 PM
I don't like Uncharted because it's too popular now.

I liked the first one when it came out and not many people cared, but now everyone likes it so it's not cool anymore.
#94LordcrabfoodPosted 12/8/2012 8:37:08 PM
Story is stereotypical, game is on rails. Game places too much focus on graphics at the cost of gameplay.
#95X195Posted 12/8/2012 8:37:47 PM
Not wanting to get involved, but someone mentioned in this topic that a "full game campaign without co-op is lazy" or something like that.

Yeah, like Arkham CIty! L.A. Noire! And last but not least, Heavy Rain! Lazy ass games...

Jokes aside, that statement was plain wrong.
---
Call me Mega, Megaman, X, or any variation/combination of the previously stated names.
Official Liu Kang of the PS3 Mortal Kombat board.
#96hockeybub89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 8:49:32 PM(edited)
I think it is interesting that some people hate Uncharted for being too story driven while others complain when games don't care about story enough. Game developers are receiving some really mixed signals this gen. I guess that's why we have both types of games. Personally, I don't see how a game being either way is really a reason why the game is bad. Most GameFAQs users are so close minded and scared to branch out. They like X type of game and Y and Z can drop dead as far as they care. There have plenty of valid reasons for UC criticism in this topic, but I notice a lot of the stuff thay I mentioned above.

I guess my point is: Judge games for what they are.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#97FreeFlowTw1tchPosted 12/8/2012 8:44:43 PM
To say it isn't anything special is to say that there is a game doing the exact same thing, but better. And, I can't think of any. So, I guess Uncharted is. . . Just a little special.
#98LordcrabfoodPosted 12/8/2012 8:50:32 PM
TC asked the question why people dislike Uncharted. I do not see why you fanboys are bashing those of us that dislike it, we are not trolling, we were asked a question. Not everyone is going to love your precious game, so get over it.
#99mmpepsiPosted 12/8/2012 8:51:45 PM
Lordcrabfood posted...
Story is stereotypical, game is on rails. Game places too much focus on graphics at the cost of gameplay.

That's bs and you know it. The game is far from having bad gameplay.

Bet you felt smart saying it though.
#100LordcrabfoodPosted 12/8/2012 8:54:05 PM
mmpepsi posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...

That's bs and you know it. The game is far from having bad gameplay.

Bet you felt smart saying it though.

I am sorry but that is my opinion, you do not agree, too bad pumpkin.