This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I kinda feel bad for Kojima

#1gucciburrrPosted 12/8/2012 3:15:07 PM
It's obvious that he doesn't want to do anything Metal Gear Solid related. It's written all over his face in every appearance. He seems depressed. Konami must have some sort of dirt on this guy. To the point where he just can't say no. How many times has he said he was moving on?Now we're getting 3 more damn Metal Gear games along with corny ass stunts like made up development teams? I can't feel too bad for him because he's rich and chooses to be a gimp who can't say no. He needs better people in his corner...Obviously he's surrounded by yes-men who are as limp as he is...This guy is literally gonna die in the middle of developing a Metal Gear game. He deserves better...
---
Why is a below average developer, who hasn't created ONE acclaimed game from the ground up, allowed to repeatedly screw up the biggest name in gaming????
#2UniversquallPosted 12/8/2012 3:22:55 PM
Then he should break away. Others do it. Like Bungie in 2007, Rare in 2008,Peter Molyneux and Cliff B in 2012
---
NP: (PS2) Suikoden III (PS3) PSABR (Vita) PSABR (PC) Gothic (Wii U) Xenoblade (360) Nothing lately
#3Cole_The_BeastPosted 12/8/2012 3:23:12 PM
If he didn't want to make any more MGS games, he wouldn't. It's that simple. He doesn't need Konami. The guy is a genius.
#4TheTrueNubPosted 12/8/2012 3:23:51 PM
Cole_The_Beast posted...
If he didn't want to make any more MGS games, he wouldn't. It's that simple. He doesn't need Konami. The guy is a genius.

This. Konami needs Kojima more than Kojima needs Konami.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#5GaminGuruRisesPosted 12/8/2012 3:25:04 PM
TheTrueNub posted...
Cole_The_Beast posted...

False. Kojima needs Kojima more than Kojima needs Kojima.

I disagree. Kojima would be nothing without Konami.
#6TheTrueNubPosted 12/8/2012 3:31:34 PM(edited)
GaminGuruRises posted...

Nah, if Kojima broke away publishers would be lining up to get the man's next game. He's too big of an icon.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#7Lefty128kPosted 12/8/2012 3:39:55 PM
GaminGuruRises posted...
TheTrueNub posted...
Cole_The_Beast posted...

False. Kojima needs Kojima more than Kojima needs Kojima.

Konami had a big part to play in getting his career going. But that's the 80's, and it's now 2012.

In 2012 Kojima could easily walk away from Konami and get a job anywhere in the industry.
#8BlueSkies7776Posted 12/8/2012 3:42:23 PM
If Konami is what pays the bills and puts food on the table for Kojima then he sure as hell better keep making Metal Gear games whether he wants to or not.
---
My good movie of the week: "Coraline"
Game of the month: Heavy Rain (PS3)
#9plasticman13Posted 12/8/2012 3:43:52 PM
I don't get why he doesn't branch out and create other games. He's obviously the most respected developer in gaming now, so anything new he creates will surely have an enormous flock of fanboys behind it. If I were Kojima, then I would keep Metal Gear and release a new one every 4-5 years or so, but I would start focusing on using my imagination on new projects.
---
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#10hijokaidenPosted 12/8/2012 3:44:43 PM
Universquall posted...
Then he should break away. Others do it. Like Bungie in 2007

Bungie kept going until 2010.
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.