This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I kinda feel bad for Kojima

#11A_Nonny_MoosePosted 12/8/2012 3:49:04 PM
According to him he wanted to move away from the series ages ago, but keeps coming back because every time someone else tries to make a Metal Gear Solid game they get it wrong.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#12NthPosted 12/8/2012 3:56:40 PM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
According to him he wanted to move away from the series ages ago, but keeps coming back because every time someone else tries to make a Metal Gear Solid game they get it wrong.

That and Konami bankrolled a development studio solely for Kojima projects.
---
Gamefaqs: reminding adults why children should be seen and not heard; and preferably not seen either.
#13bretnsidPosted 12/8/2012 4:21:41 PM
I've heard what Kojima has said, but I don't think he completely wants to let the series go. He's one of the most respected developers, he must be able to get funding for other projects if he wanted to. I think part of him is attached to the series and another part of him doesn't want to give the MGS series off to someone else unless he's sure they can live up to standard he has set. There is part of him that wants to do other stuff of course though.
---
Metal Gear Solid 4 : Guns of the Patriots! (4/15/06)
Damn the Patriots! Sneak Out 6.12.08 - SNAAAAKE!
#14agrissaPosted 12/8/2012 4:22:38 PM
I stopped believing in what Kojima says a decade ago.
---
I had faith in humanity until I discovered Internet Message Boards.
#15gucciburrr(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 4:30:09 PM
BlueSkies7776 posted...
If Konami is what pays the bills and puts food on the table for Kojima then he sure as hell better keep making Metal Gear games whether he wants to or not.

Then he needs to stop acting like he's moving away from MGS. If he don't have enough confidence in himself to believe he can make it without MG, then stop the nonsense...
---
Why is a below average developer, who hasn't created ONE acclaimed game from the ground up, allowed to repeatedly screw up the biggest name in gaming????
#16JahkeemyorkPosted 12/8/2012 4:40:06 PM
It's mostly the fans faults. Kojima tried to move away from MGS4 but he received so many death threats, and no matter what you are or where you are you should never take a single death threat as a joke. He stuck with MGS once again. I guess he might kinda enjoy it.

You can tell he's trying to move away though. The way Metal Gear Peace Walker played it could have been a whole new game.

Also Kojima reported that the next Metal Gear game will have many ideas from different new IP's he wants to work on. (If Phantom Pain is a sign of anything) that might have been one of the new IP's he wanted to do jut with Metal Gear skin coated over it.
#17mogar002Posted 12/8/2012 4:41:41 PM
He likes Twilight, I feel bad for those related to him.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#18Face_McShootyPosted 12/8/2012 5:24:30 PM
Kojima is God so he can do whatever he wants. Konami is not a factor.
---
SHOOT ME IN THE FACE!
PSN: DomesticAboose