This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ill never understand this japanese game hate .EVER

#101Devilman_AmonPosted 12/13/2012 7:09:49 PM
hijokaiden posted...

Says the guy who pre-ordered all NISA titles in premium edition...

Do you peek in and look at my underwear drawers too ya freak?
Or are you talking about yourself because I have never pre-ordered a game in my life much less a NISA game.
You need to just come to terms with yourself and admit you're the self hating closet weeaboo since thats all you ever seem to harp on about.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#102ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/13/2012 7:11:32 PM
The ameriboo butthurt level is reaching critical levels.
#103Jason_HudsonPosted 12/13/2012 7:27:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#104Jason_HudsonPosted 12/13/2012 7:30:17 PM
It's just weird to us western folk. I wouldn't be seen playing a game like that in my own home, let alone in public (which is what I assume the vita is for).

There is a line, that crosses it.

What I don't get is why so many people act like they are better than the rest of us because they play a game with a title the majority don't understand.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest MW3 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#105ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/13/2012 7:31:36 PM
Jason_Hudson posted...
It's just weird to us western folk. I wouldn't be seen playing a game like that in my own home, let alone in public (which is what I assume the vita is for).

What I don't get is why so many people act like they are better than the rest of us because they play a game with a title the majority don't understand.

Why do so many people act like they are better than the rest because they only play Western games and insult everyone who enjoys Japanese ones?
#106dr_zombergPosted 12/13/2012 7:33:51 PM
i would certainly hate that game the TC posted.
i finde those types of games to be stupid, pointless, and annoying.

ive played my share of weird, strange and downright bizarre jp games
i prefer other types of japanese games that are actually GAMES. like the billion jrpgs there, or gal games.
i give no funks if the protagonist is a school swimsuit-wearing 13year old schoolgirl . if the game is good, ill play it.

but a "game" where i just rub the screen and hear a motion/expressionless girl moan, then no, i wouldnt even accept it for free. ever
---
GT/PSN: KRISHANKO
Iraq was very clearly going to be Iraq's first target --Choleric_Llama
#107United_WorldPosted 12/13/2012 7:41:50 PM
jcrush089 posted...
hate on japanese games? if i recall correctly this whole ps3 board got wet over the Ni No Kuni demo. the only thing that gets hate on these boards would be fps games

I'm gonna have to agree with this.
As a fan of FPS games, that genre gets absolutely NO mercy here.
---
Give it to me, baby.
#108ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/14/2012 7:42:04 AM
United_World posted...
jcrush089 posted...
hate on japanese games? if i recall correctly this whole ps3 board got wet over the Ni No Kuni demo. the only thing that gets hate on these boards would be fps games

I'm gonna have to agree with this.
As a fan of FPS games, that genre gets absolutely NO mercy here.

Ypi guys must be blind.
#109Battleship_GrayPosted 12/14/2012 7:52:36 AM
jcrush089 posted...

You don't recall correctly. That type of forced blindness is the bulk of the problem IMO. It's really no different than the console warz days where you frequently saw "This whole board are Sony ponies" and the like. Trying to paint only one side of a picture or trying to imply that one side isn't as guilty of inane dumbassery as the other.

Personally I don't get it. I started gaming on American consoles then moved to Japanese for awhile with the NES on. This gen I've bought more western-made games than in any previous and have had a blast generally. I've also bought my fair share of Japanese games and had a blast. I don't really care where a game comes from if it's fun. I hardly even notice, it's nearly a non-factor for me personally.

The balance between east and west has definitely shifted as far as popularity and market share in the console world but they both still put out good and varied games. Without some insane xenophobia there's something for everyone.

All in all this board has always been a playground of shifting, ridiculous, arguments about ridiculous things.
---
http://citizen-industries.deviantart.com
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#110thisranksPosted 12/14/2012 8:44:12 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
Jason_Hudson posted...

Why do so many people act like they are better than the rest because they only play Western games and insult everyone who enjoys Japanese ones?

Because folks like you make topics doing the exact opposite. What's worse is the use of the word everyone. The gaming community doesn't come to Gamefaqs. The thing is by bringing an personal opinion someone is guaranteed not to like to a public forum you are inviting an attack on it. Crying about milk being spilt especially when you spill it is ignoring what the real problem is. Blame starts with the type of topic content.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW