This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ill never understand this japanese game hate .EVER

#111thisranksPosted 12/14/2012 8:10:09 AM
I could say i don't understand it as well TC, but we get topics and posts on a page by page basis by the usual minority of gamers here who enjoy strutting around like Japanese and American peacocks vying for who is the best.

I'd like to say i don't understand why, but i do. We all have favorite things, and there are going to be people who like either one or the other. That's not the problem, being vocal about it is. You invite not only discussion but discord, and with anonymity that allows the freedom to say things people normally wouldn't say.

Perhaps it would be more prudent to understand why people create topics and make posts that are like wildfires waiting to be lit then blaming only the person with the match.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#112monkeypahngPosted 12/14/2012 9:57:50 AM
It's become a thing nowadays where you hate a game based on where it was developed or what console it's on rather than the gameplay/story etc.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#113PechabusterPosted 12/14/2012 3:41:08 PM
thisranks posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
Jason_Hudson posted...
It's just weird to us western folk. I wouldn't be seen playing a game like that in my own home, let alone in public (which is what I assume the vita is for).

There is a line, that crosses it.

What I don't get is why so many people act like they are better than the rest of us because they play a game with a title the majority don't understand.

Why do so many people act like they are better than the rest because they only play Western games and insult everyone who enjoys Japanese ones?

Because folks like you make topics doing the exact opposite. What's worse is the use of the word everyone. The gaming community doesn't come to Gamefaqs. The thing is by bringing an personal opinion someone is guaranteed not to like to a public forum you are inviting an attack on it. Crying about milk being spilt especially when you spill it is ignoring what the real problem is. Blame starts with the type of topic content.

Gamefaqs houses a lot of hardcore fans, one of the biggest site for them. If you're talking about the general gaming community including extreme casuals then they're spread out all over the place and they include the 8 year old who only plays Pokemon with his friends and the teacher playing farmville.
#114ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/14/2012 3:49:34 PM
thisranks posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
Jason_Hudson posted...
It's just weird to us western folk. I wouldn't be seen playing a game like that in my own home, let alone in public (which is what I assume the vita is for).

There is a line, that crosses it.

What I don't get is why so many people act like they are better than the rest of us because they play a game with a title the majority don't understand.

Why do so many people act like they are better than the rest because they only play Western games and insult everyone who enjoys Japanese ones?

Because folks like you make topics doing the exact opposite. What's worse is the use of the word everyone. The gaming community doesn't come to Gamefaqs. The thing is by bringing an personal opinion someone is guaranteed not to like to a public forum you are inviting an attack on it. Crying about milk being spilt especially when you spill it is ignoring what the real problem is. Blame starts with the type of topic content.

Implying I actually do that.
#115private400(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2012 11:01:25 AM
bump
---
you don't really know a woman 'til you've had a strong drink and a fistfight with her. - nord wisdom from utgherd the unbroken