This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ill never understand this japanese game hate .EVER

#81hijokaidenPosted 12/13/2012 8:08:49 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#82spectermaster14Posted 12/13/2012 8:09:22 AM
spectermaster14 posted...
jcrush089 posted...
hate on japanese games? if i recall correctly this whole ps3 board got wet over the Ni No Kuni demo. the only thing that gets hate on these boards would be fps games

you sure about that? i see the opposite to be true

That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that you actually said racism and xenophobia presented in Japanese MMOs is okay because they're keeping their communities pure from foreigners, would it? Because with views like that, of course you're going only going to see one side.

go ahead. prove me wrong. and really. you call ipblock isolation to be racism? you do realize it's easier to manage within one's own country right? and the japanese peoples seem far more courteous in all of the games i've played with them compared to the western games. which of course are only met with rude behaviour.

All I'm saying is, you're so obsessed with the Japanese and whitewashing any negative behavior that they may have that you actually sat there and said that you're okay with Japanese players literally saying "no foreigners" and kicking people from their games. The fact that someone can actually say that WHILE crying about rude western players are is kind of sad.
#83SieKensouPosted 12/13/2012 8:16:45 AM
All I'm saying is, you're so obsessed with the Japanese and whitewashing any negative behavior that they may have that you actually sat there and said that you're okay with Japanese players literally saying "no foreigners" and kicking people from their games. The fact that someone can actually say that WHILE crying about rude western players are is kind of sad.

they don't want to deal with rude behaviour. is that so wrong?

if the western online gaming community behaves better, perhaps they would change their views and perhaps stop banning or kicking foreign players.

sure, some of those people might be malicious in doing that, but most aren't.

the west has far more people with malicious intent than i've experienced with japan.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#84spectermaster14Posted 12/13/2012 8:18:48 AM

if the western online gaming community behaves better, perhaps they would change their views and perhaps stop banning or kicking foreign players.

the west has far more people with malicious intent than i've experienced with japan.

You understand that you're saying it's okay to discriminate against an entire group of people because you had a bad experience with one person in said group, right? Because that's disgusting. You're excusing the same logic behind racism. You're okay with that?
#85hijokaidenPosted 12/13/2012 8:19:25 AM
jcrush089 posted...
hate on japanese games? if i recall correctly this whole ps3 board got wet over the Ni No Kuni demo. the only thing that gets hate on these boards would be fps games

you sure about that? i see the opposite to be true

That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that you actually said racism and xenophobia presented in Japanese MMOs is okay because they're keeping their communities pure from foreigners, would it? Because with views like that, of course you're going only going to see one side.

go ahead. prove me wrong. and really. you call ipblock isolation to be racism? you do realize it's easier to manage within one's own country right? and the japanese peoples seem far more courteous in all of the games i've played with them compared to the western games. which of course are only met with rude behaviour.

WUYTO PIKKUS GO HOMMMMMMU!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzmgyFQNvvU

Apparently Anders Brevik was a big weeaboo, he even speaks about Japan like SieKensou does.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439491
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#86grungastzenkiPosted 12/13/2012 8:39:32 AM
I don't know about japanesse game hater. But i don't like most of Western games not because i am racist. I don't like W games because W games is boring, lack of imagination and inferior compared to J games.
And i like J games not because of fanservice, loli or whatever J game hater accused. I like J games because J games is epic, awesome and not trying so hard to become realistic.

If you think i am wrong then give me 5 WRPG that has amazing boss battle.
I can only recall one "WOW" and WOW is MMORPG not WRPG.

Popular WRPG games like Fallout, Elder Scroll , Mass Effect , Diablo 2 has nothing i can consider to be a boss battle. Even Diablo in Diablo 2 is elite mobs not a boss battle

I have many so many issues with W games and boss battle is just one of them.
I can't list all my issues because that will be too long and my english is not that good
#87SieKensouPosted 12/13/2012 8:56:08 AM

You understand that you're saying it's okay to discriminate against an entire group of people because you had a bad experience with one person in said group, right? Because that's disgusting. You're excusing the same logic behind racism. You're okay with that?

one may not justify the action but if it's a consistently repeated case, there's something wrong.

PSO2 had the No Foreigners on their beta ToS but they removed it during the early days of the game's official release. then gold farmers from china and hackers from english speaking communities started flooding the place. they added the "no foreigners" back into the ToS so they can get rid of these people easier. again. not 1 person. a flood of them.

if you behave, they actually welcome you. i watched an official pso2 show by sega on nicovideo and they were describing their experiences. (this is while the ToS had the "No Foreigners") and one of them was talking about her wonderful experiences with foreigners that were in the game. this being when the ToS had "No Foreigners". are they hypocritical and ignoring the ToS? why is the ToS there? what's the reason for it? if hacking and gold farmers get too out of hand, is it racist to ipban their regions? is it not understandable to why ipban is a viable solution? sure it ignores the well mannered players but "bad apples spoil the bunch"

so far they haven't gone with ipban but i imagine that's how it will happen. it's "unfair" but not difficult to understand. they aren't killing entire peoples. they could remove the ipban anytime they want if they feel it is safe again.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#88Devilman_AmonPosted 12/13/2012 9:00:21 AM(edited)
hijokaiden posted...

Yeah a weeaboo has objectivism, hahaha sure sure.

You're the hypocrite here calling people weeaboos while you have a Japanese username

Besides, you're not even a good friend why should I waste time with you? You never call, we never go out for beers. You're a jerk....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#89Phantom0708Posted 12/13/2012 9:02:18 AM
Fanservice is there for a reason

It's bloody fanservice

It's there to appeal to some audiences
---
Xbox live GT is Devilwillcry42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.
#904dfmaEFPosted 12/13/2012 9:04:46 AM
private400 posted...
First let me be clear :i like both east and west games equally and find that both sides have great stuff to offer no matter what the content may be .

now to the main course :

what has caused this change that people suddenly utterly hate rpgs or the strangely ,quirky japanese fanservice game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qZK0P__1kI

durring the ps2 era this type of(mini ) game would be met with awkward stares and the occasional WTH , sure that is normal and i would be one of those guys .

but afterwards (most )people would laugh about it and would say that its another creation of those crazy lovable japanese that no western developer would make or think of and leave it at that
if you wanted to play it was fine .

now however if you dare to admit that you would like to play this you are immediately accused of being a rapist that likes little girls in swimsuits and should be send to prison regardless of whether said game was good or rubbish .

what i want to know is why this mentality change ?

Dude, wtf did I just watch?
---
If I could I would....n't stop