This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you believe PS4 will be out next year? Would you buy it?

#1monkeyman0111Posted 12/8/2012 2:56:00 PM
I think PS4 should be released next year to regain a competitive edge on Xbox, but I think it will be released in 2014.

I'd buy it most likely, as long as they supported free online basic multi player equivalent to what they do now with the PS3.

At the same time, I really want a WiiU, so I'm not sure what I'd get first.

I think if Sony wants to sell a lot of consoles off the bat, they need to put out established video game series first, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo, etc
---
"There are TONS of games that look BEAUTIFUL. It's not a matter of polygons anymore, it's a matter of ART DIRECTION now"
PSN: Monkeyman0111
#2VGAddict90Posted 12/8/2012 2:56:57 PM
Isn't Sony still in bad shape financially?
#3monkeyman0111(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 3:01:11 PM
Overall, they haven't been doing well, but their gaming division is doing fine, plus Kaz Hirai, has been investing a lot into transforming Sony into one cohesive unit. So, you gotta spend money to make money.
Check out a lot of their products on the horizon for sony. They are making efforts to have better competative pricing
---
"There are TONS of games that look BEAUTIFUL. It's not a matter of polygons anymore, it's a matter of ART DIRECTION now"
#4awesomesauce13Posted 12/8/2012 3:02:39 PM
I wouldn't buy it at launch. I can't really afford to spend that much on it
#5touyamizrahiPosted 12/8/2012 3:14:50 PM
if they have a mostly confirmed game list for future releases at the time of launch, then yes i would happily.
---
"That's like saying, "You're not a vegan! You're black!" - RPG maniac87 <3
PSN: KatouKimiko
#6zUkUuPosted 12/8/2012 3:17:21 PM
what good is a console if it has no games you like?
There has always be that systemseller game, before I buy a console. why pick it up when it's overpriced in the start? maybe even has some flaws that get fixed later on. I
#7flagg2kplusPosted 12/8/2012 3:19:11 PM
I suspect the next Xbox will be out by the end of the year next year.

I will buy on launch.

I dont know about the PS4 though. I suspect it may come out a little later. Maybe Spring '14.

Either way, yes I will buy it at launch.

The only thing that would keep me from buying either, is if the "no used or borrowed games" thing were true.
---
My favorite game of the year
http://youtu.be/lTuayBk_NyY
#8monkeyman0111(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 3:23:31 PM
zUkUu posted...
There has always be that system seller game, before I buy a console. why pick it up when it's overpriced in the start? maybe even has some flaws that get fixed later on. I

I understand, I'm a fan of technology and hardware and i like seeing the growth and kinks of a system get ironed out.

But i think it can be guaranteed that games like, uncharted, gran turismo, and ratchet and clank will come out for the system. It's like voting with your money, similar to Kickstarter. You won't get your product right away, but if enough people invest in the system, you're more likely to get what you want.
---
#9flagg2kplusPosted 12/8/2012 3:26:44 PM
monkeyman0111 posted...
zUkUu posted...
There has always be that system seller game, before I buy a console. why pick it up when it's overpriced in the start? maybe even has some flaws that get fixed later on. I

I understand, I'm a fan of technology and hardware and i like seeing the growth and kinks of a system get ironed out.

But i think it can be guaranteed that games like, uncharted, gran turismo, and ratchet and clank will come out for the system. It's like voting with your money, similar to Kickstarter. You won't get your product right away, but if enough people invest in the system, you're more likely to get what you want.

This.

I also like living by the idea that tomorrow I may be dead, and that being the case, I should enjoy every moment and do everything I want while I can.

If it means spending some dough, then so be it. That's why I have a job.
---
My favorite game of the year
http://youtu.be/lTuayBk_NyY
#10OhGoodPosted 12/8/2012 3:44:41 PM
I'm guessing it will most likely come out at the end of next year.

Why?

Because the last of us is being released in may, and Sony doesn't have any huge games planned for the fall. Usually (like with the last of us) they show off their next biggest game at least a year before it's release. (uncharted 3 was shown off at the VGAs pretty much a full year before it was released as well)

So I wouldn't be surprised if Sony releases the PS4 during the holiday season.
---
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
PSN - Ohgood