This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, how does the typical PS3 gamer see the WiiU?

#101qwertyMrJINXPosted 12/9/2012 2:47:20 AM
It looks pretty neat, but I can't imagine myself buying it any time soon.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#102lambchipsPosted 12/9/2012 2:47:36 AM
its_matt posted...
lambchips posted...
its_matt posted...
PC hardware is the more powerful if you spend enough, most gamers don't want to spend that much on hardware plus have to deal with trying to understand it to keep upgrading it.

not sure if serious or just doesnt understand

What should I understand?

- you dont need to spend on upgrades every year, most people only upgrade once every 2-4 yeqars (depending on how much games evolve)
- even if your specs are slightly weaker, it just means you cant play games at max... you can still play games
- pc gaming isnt as expensive as it was 5 years ago (heck, a $600 pc can last you atleast 3 years on high>ultra without upgrading)
^ http://i47.tinypic.com/2d6tpi8.png

if you think being a pc gamer means upgrading everytime a new piece of hardware comes out, then you're just deluding yourself to think that way, its like saying you'll need to upgrade your hdd on the ps3 everytime they release a new model to get all the best performance (yes, hdd does affect performance on the ps3)
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#103ajko000Posted 12/9/2012 2:48:58 AM
its_matt posted...
ajko000 posted...
its_matt posted...
ajko000 posted...
PS3 Gamer: "Ur system sux cuz it cant simuate mussels an gunz!1"

Wii U Gamer: "Wel ar system grayt cuz it so uniiik an kool we cayr no bout grapix!"

Me: "Why don't you both just shut up and accept that my PC can destroy both of you out of the water?"

Both: "EXLUSIVX!!!!1111"

Me: "I suppose so, but then again, I have every console, including the new Wii U."

Both: O_O

In the end, everyone is stupid and or a troll, because everyone has an opinion.

Thar u go.

PC hardware is the more powerful if you spend enough, most gamers don't want to spend that much on hardware plus have to deal with trying to understand it to keep upgrading it.

It takes about 10 minutes to learn about a system, even the PS3 has hardware.

Spending money... again, really? That's not a valid argument if you know what to look for.

Wanting to spend less on hardware is a perfectly valid argument most gamers just want a box they plug into their TV and plays the games they want.

That's not what I meant. I was implying upgrading and adding hardware isn't that expensive if you find a good price on a good site or find a good store/deal.

Also, having a modern day PC and not upgrading it can last you very, very long.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#104ajko000Posted 12/9/2012 2:49:56 AM
lambchips posted...
its_matt posted...
lambchips posted...
its_matt posted...

not sure if serious or just doesnt understand

What should I understand?

- you dont need to spend on upgrades every year, most people only upgrade once every 2-4 yeqars (depending on how much games evolve)
- even if your specs are slightly weaker, it just means you cant play games at max... you can still play games
- pc gaming isnt as expensive as it was 5 years ago (heck, a $600 pc can last you atleast 3 years on high>ultra without upgrading)
^ http://i47.tinypic.com/2d6tpi8.png

if you think being a pc gamer means upgrading everytime a new piece of hardware comes out, then you're just deluding yourself to think that way, its like saying you'll need to upgrade your hdd on the ps3 everytime they release a new model to get all the best performance (yes, hdd does affect performance on the ps3)

This too, thanks for posting, I'm too tired to make an effort at this point.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#105flagg2kplusPosted 12/9/2012 2:50:02 AM
The Wii U is a sick joke
---
My favorite game of the year
http://youtu.be/lTuayBk_NyY
#106The_Undying_84Posted 12/9/2012 2:54:59 AM
Mario/Metroid/Zelda/DKC/Smash/etc. are easily worth buying a console for even if it literally gets 0 3rd party games. Obviously I'll wait until more than 1 such game is out to get it, but I'll definitely get it some time. Certainly still beats the Xbox for me since I don't want any of their exclusives (no interest in Gears and I only want Halo if they start making PC versions again), and I would get all multiplatform games for PS3 anyways.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#107synthetiksinPosted 12/9/2012 3:01:18 AM(edited)
With how the Wii went, I'll be taking my time on waiting for a better game list. Quite possibly when the WiiU hits a price cut. Even right now, if I was given a WiiU as a gift, I'd kindly ask the person giving it to me to return it and keep their money.
#108its_matt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 3:00:30 AM
All this talk about shopping around for the best PC components and it is only going to cost around $600, this argument is not going to get someone who likes to just console game to switch to PC
#109lambchipsPosted 12/9/2012 3:12:15 AM
its_matt posted...
All this talk about shopping around for the best PC components and it is only going to cost around $600, this argument is not going to get someone who likes to just console game to switch to PC

that arguement is rarely used to try to convert someone... most pc gamers use games as their main arguement

price is only brought up because i was trying to explain how pc gaming isnt as expensive as you think it is (as well as many ps3 only gamers that delude themselves to think pc gamers need to upgrade every something new comes along)
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#110MotiJrPosted 12/9/2012 3:23:46 AM
Typical ponies. Bash something they haven't tried and act as if their opinion is valid. Laughable
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.