This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, how does the typical PS3 gamer see the WiiU?

#111synthetiksinPosted 12/9/2012 2:34:29 AM
MotiJr posted...
Typical ponies. Bash something they haven't tried and act as if their opinion is valid. Laughable

I'm pretty sure a lot of them bought the wii and had their systems collect dust. So yeah, even if it's trash talking, chances are it's stemming from caution.
#112desert_santaPosted 12/9/2012 2:52:25 AM
i like it

in spite of the slightly longer loading times

being able to play from the screen straight to the controller is awesome!

am not worried about 1st or 3rd party exclusives, but the multiplat titles do once again worry me(still it is early days yet)

right now the library isn't much to look at but next year is looking good, hopefully games will not get delayed

it remains to be seen whether i wasted my money or not *shrugs*

i am a little baffled why some wii u games are more expensive than 360/ps3 ones over here though
#113MotiJrPosted 12/9/2012 2:58:04 AM
MotiJr posted...
Typical ponies. Bash something they haven't tried and act as if their opinion is valid. Laughable

I'm pretty sure a lot of them bought the wii and had their systems collect dust. So yeah, even if it's trash talking, chances are it's stemming from caution.

That's no excuse.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#114AgitoXIIIPosted 12/9/2012 2:58:25 AM
I think it's an interesting console. I like the idea, but Nintendo needs to GOOD AAA 3rd party games. Reasons to make people like other then the usual 1st party games.

Or how about Nintendo themselves make some new stuff?
---
FINAL FANTASY XV
Please be a great game, we need you to be one.
#115AgitoXIIIPosted 12/9/2012 2:58:41 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#116EVILBRENDAPosted 12/9/2012 3:03:50 AM
Grizzle1981 posted...
Another gimmick. To me this is another sign that Nintendo's life signs are fading away year by year.

Yep, can't rely on Pokemon gimps for profit.
---
PSN: cavesitter/Live: cavesitter
Battlelog Info is cavesitter1 Don't ask.
#117HighwayPilotPosted 12/9/2012 3:14:02 AM
I'll buy a WiiU when there are enough really interesting games. As of now there aren't any that interest me.
#118CallmegePosted 12/9/2012 3:18:42 AM
Another Nintendo kiddy console.

I used to love Nintendo but they're absolutely clueless about the market these days, they've only really survived through luck.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#119mcsmellingtonPosted 12/9/2012 3:20:39 AM
I've got one and quite like it. The Miiverse is a great idea, and I'm enjoying the Gamepad. It works well in ZombiU as the Prepper Pad, and in CoD it's great for off screen play.

It's more of a compliment to the other consoles, than a replacement. I have considered selling my Vita now though, I only ever play it in the house so with the Gamepad it hardly seems worth it now.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#120FulvipPosted 12/9/2012 3:21:28 AM
There's no good game out that I haven't played or already own. But I will definitely buy it when something like Bayo 2 or a good rpg comes out. This is the first console in years that I see and don't feel the slightest impulse to buy.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, Borderlands 2, Total War 2