This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, how does the typical PS3 gamer see the WiiU?

#141nimerjm37Posted 12/9/2012 7:33:33 AM
Anyone who classifies themselves as a "true" or "hardcore" gamer either owns ALL the current consoles and handhelds or they are lying to themselves and everyone else. Period.

The Wii U is pretty good in most aspects, and it's easily reccommended to any "true/hardcore" gamer.

The funny part is that Sony had a chance to stop the Wii U's momentum and missed it. If remote play was better implemented on the Vita, the best part of the Wii U - the offscreen Gamepad play - would have been old news. Too bad.
---
Never, EVER order ANYTHING from ConsoleSource.com. EVER. You have been warned.
#142its_matt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 7:35:53 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
wii u is a msterpiece it already has more triple a exclusives then ps3 and ps vita combined like New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Nintendo Land, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Sing Party, Mass Effect 3: Special Edition, Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition, Game Party Champions, Rabbids Land etc etc etc

Errm a lot of those games are not exclusives, special editions don't count as an exclusive game just an exclusive version of that game and certainly not different enough from the PS3/Xbox360 version to justify specifically getting a WiiU for.
#143chevalianknightPosted 12/9/2012 7:43:13 AM
I am actually interested in the Wii U. I am considering trading in my ps3 to buy a Wii U. I am waiting to see if there are any good games that are going to be developed for the Wii U. I do not like first person shooters but I am interested in trying out Zombi U.
---
A true knight, will forsake egoism and humiliate oneself with knighthood.
Its only when weve lost everything, then we are free to do anything.--Tyler Durden
#144rynrakoPosted 12/9/2012 7:58:12 AM
If people want to wait until something that catches their eye comes out then I can understand that, but the whole devotion to a specific platform is really just stupid. There were plenty of enjoyable games on the Wii and will most likely be on the Wii U. And to be honest, if the new Smash game is good then the system to me is worth the purchase. Getting other games on it that are also great is just a bonus.

Right now nothing on the line up is a priority but seeing as I like RPGs and Nintendo usually gets some good ones, that's enough to make me want one eventually. I'm still hoping that they make a sequel to The World Ends With You on the Wii U. That game was one of the best uses of touch based controls on the DS so it would be great to see what could be done on that system.

To me, it's another system to buy so I can enjoy a number of games, just like I did on the Wii.
---
Only those you trust can ever betray you.
Steam, Skype, PSN - Sliphatos.
#145JurassicBondPosted 12/9/2012 8:03:31 AM
Nintendo is my favorite game developer, so it's a sure bet I'm getting a Wii U. It might not be for a year or two though.
---
Reading: The Great War for Civilisation: The Conquest of the Middle East - R. Fisk
http://i.imgur.com/uViYl.png http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#146SDFan18Posted 12/9/2012 8:06:23 AM
Not a big enough leap in tech to warrant a purchase by me. Plus I just don't care to play nintendo franchises anymore.
---
"Together We Stand, Divided We Fall."
XBL GT/PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86
#147Zeik_YamatoPosted 12/9/2012 9:19:54 AM
Had a few goes of it in Uni, me and my friends came to the same thoughts; dislike the control pad and would need to buy the classic pad for most games but at that point, I might as well just get the game for the PS3 I already have. Plus online would be pointless unless all of us suddenly went out and got one...

It doesn't seem to offer anything of worth that my PS3 doesn't already and since I'm over games like Zelda and Mario that don't change I see very little point in it in all honesty. I do look forward to seeing what the Programmers can do with the new tech however..
---
PSN WingedChaos
http://zeiksanimereviews.wordpress.com/ -Currently Watching and Reviewing G Gundam/Macross 7 /Jojos Bizarre Adventure
#148R15KPosted 12/9/2012 9:20:48 AM
No thanks, I don't have to go to the bathroom.
#149confettistormPosted 12/9/2012 9:22:28 AM
I have owned all Nintendo consoles since the GameCube (Cube, DS, 3DS, Wii).

PS3 was my first Sony platform and it was because this is where the Tales games are.

I don't have a WiiU and am not planning to get one because there are no games I'm interested in. Unforunately, I don't relish the idea of buying Zelda WiiU for the price of the console + the game.
#150TiaelPosted 12/9/2012 9:24:04 AM
confettistorm posted...
I have owned all Nintendo consoles since the GameCube (Cube, DS, 3DS, Wii).

PS3 was my first Sony platform and it was because this is where the Tales games are.

I don't have a WiiU and am not planning to get one because there are no games I'm interested in. Unforunately, I don't relish the idea of buying Zelda WiiU for the price of the console + the game.

Monolith Soft is working on a Wii U game (and 3DS game) and so is Mistwalker.
And Xenoblade/The Last Story were 2 of my favorite RPGs on the Wii, but I wouldn't just buy it for Zelda.

Good thing I'm getting it for Mario and the RPGs and Zelda.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!