This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, how does the typical PS3 gamer see the WiiU?

#151prmtymePosted 12/9/2012 11:35:43 AM
I see it as next gen and i am getting it its nintendo next gen...doesnt have to be next gen compared to the others but its way stronger then the wii thats enough for me to get one
---
FC: 2921-9335-1250
PSN Vita: prmtyme
#152confettistormPosted 12/9/2012 11:40:45 AM
Tiael posted...
confettistorm posted...
I have owned all Nintendo consoles since the GameCube (Cube, DS, 3DS, Wii).

PS3 was my first Sony platform and it was because this is where the Tales games are.

I don't have a WiiU and am not planning to get one because there are no games I'm interested in. Unforunately, I don't relish the idea of buying Zelda WiiU for the price of the console + the game.

Monolith Soft is working on a Wii U game (and 3DS game) and so is Mistwalker.
And Xenoblade/The Last Story were 2 of my favorite RPGs on the Wii, but I wouldn't just buy it for Zelda.

Good thing I'm getting it for Mario and the RPGs and Zelda.

For me Mario isn't a system seller. I'll get it if I have the system, but I realized about looking at my activity logs that I don't usually play Mario games for that long. I usually beat them relatively quickly and then there's nothing left to do. I have 30 hours on Super Mario 3D Land, but I have 200+ hours on Tales of the Abyss 3DS.
#153hockeybub89Posted 12/9/2012 11:44:29 AM
Nintendo is 6 years late to the party and will be behind the 8 ball again in a year or so. Sadly, Nintendo continues to not give a crap about the consumer and will rely on gimmicks to move hardware while not selling software. They are so off base from what made Nintendo good that I do not know if they will ever return to glory. That's right. In an age where everyone in the world bought a Wii, I am saying that Nintendo has lost its edge.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#154Rasen543Posted 12/9/2012 11:48:43 AM
I'm pretty hype for getting one because Nintendo has some of the greatest first party games and third party exclusives around.
---
EARTHBOUND FANS, GO HERE :D
Luminehall.net
#155TiaelPosted 12/9/2012 12:10:45 PM
confettistorm posted...
Tiael posted...
confettistorm posted...
I have owned all Nintendo consoles since the GameCube (Cube, DS, 3DS, Wii).

PS3 was my first Sony platform and it was because this is where the Tales games are.

I don't have a WiiU and am not planning to get one because there are no games I'm interested in. Unforunately, I don't relish the idea of buying Zelda WiiU for the price of the console + the game.

Monolith Soft is working on a Wii U game (and 3DS game) and so is Mistwalker.
And Xenoblade/The Last Story were 2 of my favorite RPGs on the Wii, but I wouldn't just buy it for Zelda.

Good thing I'm getting it for Mario and the RPGs and Zelda.

For me Mario isn't a system seller. I'll get it if I have the system, but I realized about looking at my activity logs that I don't usually play Mario games for that long. I usually beat them relatively quickly and then there's nothing left to do. I have 30 hours on Super Mario 3D Land, but I have 200+ hours on Tales of the Abyss 3DS.

Well, good thing there's still Monolith Soft and Mistwalker RPGs, Zelda and who knows what other RPGs we'll see on the system in the future.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#156cirkmetroidPosted 12/9/2012 12:25:35 PM
its_matt posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
I want one, but I will never buy a launch console again due to the hardware failure if this gen. I'll get it in about 3 years when I get a PS4. I also want a model with more than 32gb of storage. I want it because Nintendo always offers the best exclusives IMO, but I don't trust anyone to make a reliable console these days.

Yeah the storage is a bit odd. Here I am with my PS3 with 320GB storage and the general consensus is that hardware is ageing now and along comes a brand new console and the maximum internal storage it offers is 32gb?

No kidding! I mean, you can buy a 750g SOLID STATE drive for a PS3 now for $130 bucks....and the wii U has this crap 32g nonsense?
---
PSN: Cirkustanz
.....still refusing to give up hope of another Legacy of Kain game. Or at least an HD remake.
#157MindGamingMantiPosted 12/9/2012 12:36:52 PM
I actually own a Wii U and I love it so far. Controller is my favorite from out of the three hd consoles available now. I also really like Miiverse. It's what PS Home should've been.
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct."
#158SimplyAwesomeAJPosted 12/9/2012 12:44:44 PM
MindGamingManti posted...
I actually own a Wii U and I love it so far. Controller is my favorite from out of the three hd consoles available now. I also really like Miiverse. It's what PS Home should've been.

Most definitely when it comes to the Miiverse thing. Playstation Home is an atrocity. Sure do hope you like to spend real money to play digital dress up. Oh you want to go hang around Seth's level from Street Fighter IV? Have at it. You can stand there.

At least with the Miiverse it is constantly going and always interactive. It makes the online community actually FEEL like a community. Leaving little messages for people in games, or just going to the Miiverse itself and having talks about certain games or seeing the ridiculous drawings people do, WHILE you're playing the game, it's just a cool feature. One that I hope doesn't die after a few months of being out.
---
Black 2 Friend Code: 4857 4263 3677
#159RetsuZaiZenPosted 12/9/2012 12:57:51 PM
I like that they ditched the silly waggle stick stuff but I need to see more games to be interested. I haven't cared for anything Nintendo that wasnt Zelda related since the N64 came out.
---
Easiest way to spot a nerd? They always get caught up on the details.
http://i.imgur.com/Qa5gD.jpg http://i.imgur.com/dntQM.gif
#160Gigahart_gaylorPosted 12/9/2012 2:31:43 PM
I see it as unnecessary at the moment. It's really just an HD console made to play HD games that are being made for the 360 and PS3 anyway. Nintendo could prove me wrong on down the line, but right now it's just another console that can do what 360 and PS3 can do, but with a gimmicky controller. Oh, and you can play a new mario game too.
---
Breaking Bad, great show or greatest show?
NeverDead: The worst game of this gen.