This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, how does the typical PS3 gamer see the WiiU?

#161archizzyPosted 12/9/2012 2:37:53 PM
Hard to draw conclusions from this hate filled cesspool of vile posters on here or any other dedicated gaming board.

The "typical gamer" would have much different opinions
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#162Gigahart_gaylorPosted 12/9/2012 2:41:50 PM
archizzy posted...
Hard to draw conclusions from this hate filled cesspool of vile posters on here or any other dedicated gaming board.

lol. So if somebody doesn't like a console, they're hate filled. Get over yourself kid. Hate to break it to you, but the "typical gamer", whatever the hell that means, would have their own opinions too. And that's all they are, opinions. Cesspool of vile posters, that's a good one. Don't take it personal, Nintendo doesn't love you.
---
Breaking Bad, great show or greatest show?
NeverDead: The worst game of this gen.
#163DemonDog666Posted 12/9/2012 3:13:17 PM(edited)
PENDRAG0ON posted...
It is Nintendo's next home console and it launched with 12 games I wanted, I had to buy one. I have no regrets about buying the console and the off screen play has been surprisingly useful and I actually miss it when I go back to my PS3.

And Miiverse has proven to be the best online community ever, not to mention the constant flood of great artwork.

12 games that aren't on the ps3 lol no.

Anyways to the topic

It's online system is horrible, controller is meh, the best games are available for ps3 and have been out longer and are cheaper, it's got very few worthwhile exclusives even announced and it's doubtful it will get next gen multiplats I don't see a reason to get it at all.
#164archizzyPosted 12/9/2012 3:25:06 PM
Gigahart_gaylor posted...
archizzy posted...

lol. So if somebody doesn't like a console, they're hate filled. Get over yourself kid. Hate to break it to you, but the "typical gamer", whatever the hell that means, would have their own opinions too. And that's all they are, opinions. Cesspool of vile posters, that's a good one. Don't take it personal, Nintendo doesn't love you.

No I don't mind someone not liking a console. Gamefaqs though has a tendency to "hate" any new release whether it be a game, console, external accessory, or whatever it is. Whether it is a different system or a game on the PS3 itself.

As for typical gamer I don't think you can really define it either and I don't know exactly what the TC was meaning when he said that hence the quotations.

I think of it in more general terms as people who don't go to message boards and participate frequently. Message board posters are a sliver of the overall gaming community.

Message boards have a tendency to have a lot of people who go into topics about games that supposedly don't interest them and yet they are among the most active posters in many of those topics. I don't consider that typical at all.

And the kid retort is so cliche on here. Especially considering I'm closing in on 40. I know people think that is a popular slam on here but really it isn't. I find the majority of the time I have been gaming far longer than the the majority percentage of this board has been alive.

Lastly this has nothing to do with Nintendo or the WiiU. I don't take anything on here personally. That would be pathetic. The topic could be about anything and my answer would be the same. This place is mostly filled with hateful posters who find more enjoyment in message board putdowns than actually gaming. It has a predictable history of behavior towards anything new.

So your assumptions about it being some Nintendo defense was way off base.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#165xerofyre0Posted 12/12/2012 12:26:39 PM
i have a ps3 and a wiiu and i love it. ZombiU is my favorite by far. I plan to buy multiplatform games on wiiu if they use the off tv gameplay option, which is my favorite thing about it....well besides miiverse. Miiverse type online needs to be in EVERY new system moving forward. i cant begin to describe how it creates a sense of community over my ps3 and my 360.

anyways, im digging it a lot.
---
Free Game Giveaway-
http://www.down-rightfierce.com/2012/06/free-game-giveaway-club-nintendo.html
#166docholliday504Posted 12/12/2012 12:33:05 PM
I'll get one as soon as A 3d Metroid, Zelda or series SMB game comes out.
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Dark Souls, Halo 4
#167pokemon_45_79_1Posted 12/12/2012 12:38:25 PM
I see the wii-u as history repeated with what happened with the wii.

Third parties were on board at the start, but due to weak hardware they backed off, and it seems its happening to the wii-u as well, I also see it as Nintendo late to the party sort of how MS is with the stuff non xbox wise.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#168Semi45aPosted 12/12/2012 12:40:28 PM
they want to buy a Wii U right away as a waifu for their PS3 system.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#169DrEaM_420Posted 12/12/2012 12:47:37 PM
I bought a Wii after my Ps3 because of its awesome classic games...Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Smash etc etc

Wii U has massive potential, its funny to see all these kids crying about it when they haven't played it.

The new Mario game is beautiful to look at, and tons of fun to play, thats the only game I have played and I enjoyed it.
---
Dream on..
#170kingofjamaicaPosted 12/12/2012 12:50:47 PM
I see it as a waste of money. Why pay $400 to play the same games my PS3 currently does? There aren't any future prospects that I'm interested in either. Haven't like LoZ since A Link to the Past. Haven't liked Mario since SMB3. Never liked SSB.

Unless JRPG developers latch on and start making good games exclusively for the system, I have no reason to ever own one.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.