This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, how does the typical PS3 gamer see the WiiU?

#21IChangedMyNamePosted 12/8/2012 7:51:45 PM
its_matt posted...
Given there are no triple A exclusives from day 1, is it really doing anything worthwhile that we can't do already?

I see it as pretty neat, but also to suffer the same fate as the Wii itself.

What I'm pissed off about it how Nintendo nailed this Tablet thing down so perfectly while Sony has been trying that crap for about 10 years now and still, STILL hasn't done it right... I want to play my PS3 games on my VITA while watching T.V.!

I know, there are some games that support this but I WANT MORE THAN SOME!
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#22crazyman32Posted 12/8/2012 7:52:08 PM
iTossSalads posted...
Most PS3 gamers on this board are super insecure about it and have to constantly reassure each other over PS3. It's been that way for years though so it's not just a Wii U thing.

I am not one of those insecure about the Wii U because,I don't care for that controller and not interested in Nintendo first party exclusives.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#23its_matt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 7:54:29 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
It is Nintendo's next home console and it launched with 12 games I wanted, I had to buy one. I have no regrets about buying the console and the off screen play has been surprisingly useful and I actually miss it when I go back to my PS3.

And Miiverse has proven to be the best online community ever, not to mention the constant flood of great artwork.

What are 12 games that are exclusives that you bought it for?
#24PendragoonPosted 12/8/2012 7:57:05 PM
its_matt posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
It is Nintendo's next home console and it launched with 12 games I wanted, I had to buy one. I have no regrets about buying the console and the off screen play has been surprisingly useful and I actually miss it when I go back to my PS3.

And Miiverse has proven to be the best online community ever, not to mention the constant flood of great artwork.

I never said exclusive, I simply waited for the Wii U versions of many games.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#25mogar002Posted 12/8/2012 7:58:21 PM
nintendogamer13 posted...
Irrelevant.

---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#26its_matt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 7:59:27 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
its_matt posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...

I never said exclusive, I simply waited for the Wii U versions of many games.

I heard all the ports run better on PS3 and Xbox360
#27Willie_MakeitPosted 12/8/2012 8:00:55 PM
zUkUu posted...
unnecessary and gimmicky.

This. Nintendo used to be really great back in the day, but in recent years, they've kinda left the building. They need to quit worrying about coming out with new consoles every year or two and focus on GAMES instead. The 3ds was just starting to get good, now all the focus is going to be on the WiiU and you know what that means? More delays for the 3ds.
---
Sig is currently under construction. Deal with it.
#28Stanger5150Posted 12/8/2012 8:04:13 PM
I want one, but I will never buy a launch console again due to the hardware failure if this gen. I'll get it in about 3 years when I get a PS4. I also want a model with more than 32gb of storage. I want it because Nintendo always offers the best exclusives IMO, but I don't trust anyone to make a reliable console these days.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Assassin's Creed III, Okami HD, Nier, Folklore, Dishonored, Dragon Age II, The Lone Ranger
#29Stanger5150Posted 12/8/2012 8:06:40 PM
Willie_Makeit posted...
zUkUu posted...
unnecessary and gimmicky.

This. Nintendo used to be really great back in the day, but in recent years, they've kinda left the building. They need to quit worrying about coming out with new consoles every year or two and focus on GAMES instead. The 3ds was just starting to get good, now all the focus is going to be on the WiiU and you know what that means? More delays for the 3ds.

Won't happen. The Wii didn't slow the DS down, which is the second best selling gaming device of all time, only about a million units behind the PS2.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Assassin's Creed III, Okami HD, Nier, Folklore, Dishonored, Dragon Age II, The Lone Ranger
#30its_matt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 8:10:02 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
I want one, but I will never buy a launch console again due to the hardware failure if this gen. I'll get it in about 3 years when I get a PS4. I also want a model with more than 32gb of storage. I want it because Nintendo always offers the best exclusives IMO, but I don't trust anyone to make a reliable console these days.

Yeah the storage is a bit odd. Here I am with my PS3 with 320GB storage and the general consensus is that hardware is ageing now and along comes a brand new console and the maximum internal storage it offers is 32gb?