This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, how does the typical PS3 gamer see the WiiU?

#31mogar002Posted 12/8/2012 8:11:08 PM
I think my phone has more than 32GB lmao.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#32its_matt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 8:14:15 PM
mogar002 posted...
I think my phone has more than 32GB lmao.

My two year old iPod touch has 32gb and I think it could do with a bit more.
#33EwendlandtPosted 12/8/2012 8:15:57 PM
Gen 7.1
#34FinlandiaPosted 12/8/2012 8:18:07 PM
its_matt posted...
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
I wanted to be excited about it but there are too many things the system is doing wrong, and how gameplay isn't utilized in games that should be a no-brainer.

I asked for the system as a Christmas gift simply because there really wasn't anything I wanted this year. At least I won't have to buy the system myself if I'm disappointed with it, but I feel like it's going to end up with no support like the Gamecube and the Dreamcast.

I certainly can't see it being picked up by the Wii remote waddling morons who bought the Wii in droves

The Wii sold a ton of units to soccer moms who thought it would somehow bring the family together. Some Wii Sports was played a bit, then it gathered dust. Not to mention it was a "cheap" alternative to the other systems.

This is not Nintendo hate. If they went 3rd party tomorrow, I would be first in line to buy Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc, but did not/would not buy a system just for a few titles a year.
---
"What we do in life echoes in eternity."
#35Killarock404Posted 12/8/2012 8:21:57 PM
whats a wii u?
#36mogar002Posted 12/8/2012 8:22:59 PM
Everyone meant to say Pii U.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#37PendragoonPosted 12/8/2012 8:24:03 PM
its_matt posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
its_matt posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
It is Nintendo's next home console and it launched with 12 games I wanted, I had to buy one. I have no regrets about buying the console and the off screen play has been surprisingly useful and I actually miss it when I go back to my PS3.

And Miiverse has proven to be the best online community ever, not to mention the constant flood of great artwork.

What are 12 games that are exclusives that you bought it for?

I never said exclusive, I simply waited for the Wii U versions of many games.

I heard all the ports run better on PS3 and Xbox360

Most ports do run slightly better on 360, but the Wii U has usually had a slight lead over the PS3 versions. I sold my 360 due to a lack of original games that don't have a 4 in the title.

Not bad for ports with small teams and very limited port time (6 months from final dev kits to launch isn't much time)

I have 5 games so far, 7 more to buy at a discount and another 6 coming out by April, It was too good of a lineup to pass on.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#38ACgreen1foteenPosted 12/8/2012 8:24:15 PM
I'll probably be more interested in the Wii-U once Bayonetta 2 comes around. Until then, nothing on it really interests me.
---
" Eye of the tiger!"
- Apollo Creed, Rocky III
#39its_matt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 8:26:54 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
its_matt posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
its_matt posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
It is Nintendo's next home console and it launched with 12 games I wanted, I had to buy one. I have no regrets about buying the console and the off screen play has been surprisingly useful and I actually miss it when I go back to my PS3.

And Miiverse has proven to be the best online community ever, not to mention the constant flood of great artwork.

What are 12 games that are exclusives that you bought it for?

I never said exclusive, I simply waited for the Wii U versions of many games.

I heard all the ports run better on PS3 and Xbox360

Most ports do run slightly better on 360, but the Wii U has usually had a slight lead over the PS3 versions. I sold my 360 due to a lack of original games that don't have a 4 in the title.

Not bad for ports with small teams and very limited port time (6 months from final dev kits to launch isn't much time)

I have 5 games so far, 7 more to buy at a discount and another 6 coming out by April, It was too good of a lineup to pass on.

Which ports run better on WiiU than PS3?
#40PendragoonPosted 12/8/2012 8:39:04 PM
Which games run better on Wii U? So far these have been proven to run better. (or have better graphics while having similar framerates)

Assassin's Creed 3
Sonic Racing Transformed
Black Ops 2
Darksiders 2

Tekken Tag has more content, haven't looked up the performance yet.

Sonic Racing and Darksiders are actually best on Wii U. I still need to look up Batman AC and see how it runs. (it seems to have similar framerates to the PS3 version but I haven't confirmed it)

So far it seems that all Wii U multiplatform releases are quick ports of 360 games (except for Tekken and that Koei hack and slash) and they seem to be near identical graphically to the 360 versions with a hit to the framerate as a result of the lack of time with the final hardware.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709