This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, how does the typical PS3 gamer see the WiiU?

#41GeassMasterPosted 12/8/2012 7:43:19 PM
It's possible we'll actually see more Japanese games on PS3 since they can dual develop on PS3/Wii U.
---
Now Playing: Mugen Souls, Ragnarok Odyessy, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, DW: Gundam 2
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#42djmaster1994Posted 12/8/2012 7:43:39 PM
its_matt posted...
Given there are no triple A exclusives from day 1, is it really doing anything worthwhile that we can't do already?

so PS3 had triple a launch games
LOL
and I thought it sold terrible
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!
#43PendragoonPosted 12/8/2012 7:59:02 PM(edited)
djmaster1994 posted...
its_matt posted...
Given there are no triple A exclusives from day 1, is it really doing anything worthwhile that we can't do already?

so PS3 had triple a launch games
LOL
and I thought it sold terrible

New Super Mario Bros U sold 240k in November, that is more than half of the reported Wii U sales in November. I would say that is a pretty good killer app. The PS3 sold less than 200k in the same time period in 2006.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#44osboesPosted 12/8/2012 7:57:44 PM
It would be pretty interesting when it gets a Monster Hunter title. Though with development of HD monster hunter games for the WiiU I'm hoping they can find the resources to port them for PS3 too. It feels odd to be so long through this gen with no proper Monster Hunter or Star Wars Battlefront game for the PS3, when those were some of my favourite from PS2.
#45PendragoonPosted 12/8/2012 8:01:54 PM
osboes posted...
It would be pretty interesting when it gets a Monster Hunter title. Though with development of HD monster hunter games for the WiiU I'm hoping they can find the resources to port them for PS3 too. It feels odd to be so long through this gen with no proper Monster Hunter or Star Wars Battlefront game for the PS3, when those were some of my favourite from PS2.

Monster Hunter in HD on Wii U at launch (in Japan) was a big victory for Nintendo, it has pretty much guaranteed the Wii U to be the main console of Japan next gen. Expect Nintendo's iron grip on Japan to tighten even more.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#46TroutfischPosted 12/8/2012 8:06:45 PM
There's no must-have games right now imo, but there's just something about new hardware that is appealing to me.

The Gamepad opens up so many gaming possibilities and of course Nintendo's AAA slate of games is not to be missed. I'll definitely be picking up a WiiU eventually.
---
PSN: Troutfisch
#47karate_kittyPosted 12/8/2012 8:31:14 PM
iTossSalads posted...
Most PS3 gamers on this board are super insecure about it and have to constantly reassure each other over PS3. It's been that way for years though so it's not just a Wii U thing.

On the contrary I think it is the Wii U fanboys who are feeling insecure now. Go to the Wii U board and you will see they already started petition for Dark Souls 2 on the Wii U.

C'mon. Your shiny new Wii U is out only for a month or so. You already have to beg for a game to be released on "last generation" consoles to also come to the Wii U? Isn't the Wii U launch line good enough? Don't you have faith that Nintendo would look after you that they would get Dark Souls 2 on Wii U? If the Wii U has so much potential, why feel so insecure that you have to beg so soon?

Some on the PS3 and 360 boards worry that Nintendo releasing their "next generation" console at least a year earlier would put Sony and MS in a disadvantage. It seems they worried too much.

Great games like Dark Souls 2 and Bioshock Infinite are still coming to our "last generation" consoles. Developers are very comfortable with the PS3 and 360. And when their successors come, Wii U owners would have to beg harder as devs always want their visions (ie their games) to be realized on more powerful machines. With luck and enough begging, Wi U might still get the watered down version of what the PS4 and XBOX720 get.
#48RetroFanGirlPosted 12/8/2012 9:04:52 PM
I buy Sony/Nintendo and spit at Microsoft's fire hazard. PC when its an option.
---
Only my opinion is valid.
Confirmed by SunDevil77
#49DaltonMPosted 12/8/2012 9:07:42 PM
Man... I got a Vita, and I've always had a PS3.. I got plus and now I am on these forums.. But don't get me wrong everyone, I am an Xbox gamer. I can just read some things and go FFFUUUU. But then I calm down. And post this message.
---
http://canv.as/ugc/original/6e1eeab6ae184b4c1f772e5fc532a9f0b92e63dd.gif
#50greatone101Posted 12/8/2012 9:11:00 PM
As PS360 gamer the Wii U is um..... 7/6 years late to THIS GEN.