This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, how does the typical PS3 gamer see the WiiU?

#71oxnerdPosted 12/8/2012 11:37:49 PM
Quit generalizing gamers with what console they have, I have both and play whatever the hell I feel like, I dont exclude myself for no reason, so shut up already.
#72CBratePosted 12/8/2012 11:38:55 PM
Most PS3 gamers on this board are super insecure about it and have to constantly reassure each other over PS3. It's been that way for years though so it's not just a Wii U thing.

Yeah that usually happens when Nintentrolls keep invading the PS3 boards.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 173 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: Xander7756
#73nedrithPosted 12/8/2012 11:43:26 PM
It has actually made my online connection useful and I like that part the same way I like Dark Souls' online. It's useful, fun but not in the way. The community is lovely.

The gamepad isn't used to well in many games(in SSMBU it's not even used at all) but this is kind of to be expected for a new console, not to mention It's the same thing with the move or kinect, companies just don't want to support it yet.

The game support is great. Nintendoland is the best collection of mini games I've played in a while especially one that was made to show off a new system. sports champions was fun but limited, kinect adventures the same but Nintendoland almost feels like a full game. ZombiiU and scribblenauts plus other ports and such to fill out the list makes it probably my favorite launch collection of games.

32gb is small but addon a 2tb external and well you won't have to worry about memory issues.

the console's weak but it's also nintendo, they make great games just not ones that push technology to it's fullest. But I've never seen the point of pushing technology to the extreme that some people like to push it to, just ends up crashing down in a RROD.

Overall a very innovative console and it will be nice to see if PS4/X720 can match the level of innovation or if they decide to go down the crush the systems with power route.
#74PendragoonPosted 12/8/2012 11:44:14 PM
CBrate posted...
Most PS3 gamers on this board are super insecure about it and have to constantly reassure each other over PS3. It's been that way for years though so it's not just a Wii U thing.

Yeah that usually happens when Nintentrolls keep invading the PS3 boards.

Better than the 100+ that are constantly trolling the Wii U board. A week there would probably double your ignore list.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#75UniversquallPosted 12/8/2012 11:59:34 PM
I see it as a little red light and a little white light. Trying to be positive about it. At least it's only the second time i've bought a system and realized it was crap.
---
NP: (PS2) Suikoden III (PS3) PSABR (Vita) PSABR (PC) Gothic (Wii U) Xenoblade (360) Nothing lately
#76NicodimusPosted 12/9/2012 12:06:37 AM
A console similar in power to PS3 with a really stupid controller and no games.
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)
#77Pawkie07Posted 12/9/2012 12:10:41 AM
iTossSalads posted...

typical nintendrone respond cause all nintendrones are so insecure.
#78OEIO999Posted 12/9/2012 12:11:15 AM
Lame
#79badboyPosted 12/9/2012 12:12:21 AM
It's a necessary upgrade for Nintendo because Wii is very outdated. Good that they are not focusing on motion controls this time, but hope they make more hardcore games if they want to be relevant to the hardcore gamers. It isn't advanced enough, and Orbis/Durango will probably be much more powerful.
#80Banjo2553Posted 12/9/2012 12:13:50 AM(edited)
Well, I was raised on Nintendo systems so I have a bit of a bias, but I'm really enjoying the Wii U so far. Lots of games I wanted came out on Wii U's launch, even though I had a PS3 and access to most of them anyway. But, I'm one to do my research, and this is why the Wii U was worth it to me.

- New Super Mario Bros. U. Not just this game but it extends to Nintendo's first party titles. I've always loved 'em, so more isn't bad to me.
- ZombiU is the first true survival horror in a really long time. It feels really great to play and is also pretty unnerving and difficult. I will admit though there are some parts that seem unpolished, especially in the animations department.
- Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge. I heard NG3 was crap, so I avoided it completely. Then I saw this version of the game. It looked great, and from what I've read of other peoples' experiences, it's a HUGE improvement over the original.
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2...it has Nintendo costumes and a special power-ups mode. That alone was enough to win me over, but it actually runs great as well.
- Darksiders II. It's been confirmed to run great on the Wii U's hardware, plus has bonus content from the other versions. No-brainer, really.

Now for games I could've bought on the Wii U, but chose not to.

- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Ok, give me a break here I just wanted a halfway-decent online shooter because I'm not normally a multiplayer guy and I never played one before. But while the Wii U version seems to be about the same as the 360 version with slight framerate issues, I don't have a 360. I got the PS3 version because the online would be more popular.

- Epic Mickey 2: Was a bit of a fan of the first one, so I would've gotten the Wii U version. But after playing the PS3 demo and seeing a video of the Wii U version, that quickly turned me off. The framerate on the Wii U version is absolutely TERRIBLE. Makes the game play in 5x slow mo, almost. So I'll be getting the PS3 version at some point, maybe after a price drop.

- Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition. Over time this pretty much became a no-brainer to me. Super Mode? Map and menus on GamePad so no need to pause? A new costume? Cool! ...But then I thought that doesn't seem beneficial enough. Especially given the GOTY edition. Armored Edition has the same content as the GOTY edition, along with a new armored costume for each character, that super mode, and the GamePad integration I mentioned. Doesn't seem like much additional content, coupled with the fact that the GOTY edition is like, $40 while the Wii U version is $60. THEN on top of the fact that it has some serious glitches like textures not loading (at all) at times and the framerate being REALLY choppy whenever any semblance of action is put into play...yeah, not really a good port. Changed my mind before Wii U's release to just get the GOTY edition, and I'm glad I did.

- Mass Effect 3. Really EA? You're going to pull this? Way to try to make the Wii U out as a joke. Okay, so you release Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U, claim it's the complete version so you don't have to download a hefty patch just to make the ending a little better. I think throw a few small extra bits in as well. Okay, but there's a problem: it's the final act of a story-based trilogy of games. You just can't do that, especially when gamers already invested in the series had pretty much played Mass Effect 3 so they'd have no reason to spend $350+ on a new system and a copy of the game so they can avoid a hefty patch. Second problem: It's a poor port. Yeah. Then you announce the Mass Effect Trilogy for PS3 and 360...with no mention of or plans to make a Wii U version of that. Great! Just great. Release Mess Effect 3: Wii U Edition and then deny the full trilogy. Yes, the typo's intentional.

So yeah...I have no idea why I spent most of my post complaining about the bad ports, but...Miiverse is awesome!