This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is the PS3 for playing 3D blurays?

#11bdfan4everPosted 12/9/2012 1:09:44 AM
archizzy posted...
bdfan4ever posted...
NoNeedF0RaName posted...
Anybody?

It actually does a good job. There was a firmware update that allows for dts hd to be sent as lpcm. I would use my ps3 if I didnt already own an oppo BD player.

I always get a smile when I encounter another Oppo owner on here.

:)
#12Kaiser499Posted 12/9/2012 1:13:04 AM
3d is terrible.
---
www.twitch.tv/kaiser499
#13Thermador446Posted 12/9/2012 1:15:23 AM
mogar002 posted...
3D is the new HD/Bluray. When HD first came out people hated on it and said it was a gimmick and would never catch on. This board can't go 10 minutes without watching something in HD or they will cut their wrists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq-v1TTUyhM
---
"You're telling me that Christ comes back to life every Sunday in the form of a bowl of crackers; and then you proceed to just eat the man, Correct?"
#14mogar002Posted 12/9/2012 1:18:42 AM
You were too young to remember when HD first came out and you clearly don't lurk enough on this board. Funny enough your post can be responded to with the exact same video.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#15izza20Posted 12/9/2012 1:33:27 AM
mogar002 posted...
3D is the new HD/Bluray. When HD first came out people hated on it and said it was a gimmick and would never catch on. This board can't go 10 minutes without watching something in HD or they will cut their wrists.

If people wanna watch 3D that's fine... But the difference between 3D and the adoption of HD/bluray is huge. HDTV and blu-ray were introduced, and then gradually built up to what it is now. 3D, whether cinema, blu-ray, or tv, went through a stage of being really popular, and has now been steadily on the decline in popularity for quite a while now. I, like a LOT of other people out there, actively seek out the 2D versions of the movies I want to see. And usually, those cinema sessions are packed.

If you like 3D, good for you, but don't kid yourself about where this ends up. It is not going to become the next standard.
#16NoNeedF0RaName(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 1:47:12 AM
Jx1010 posted...
who uses 3d anyways

To be quite honest, I cant stand 3D. I don't watch 3D movies at the theaters and I don't intend to watch them at home myself. I have well over 200 blurays and only 3 of those are in 3D. I bought the 3D version because they happened to be cheaper than the 2d version at time of purchase. Anyways, my wife and kids love 3d so I figured I would ask about the PS3's bluray capability. But trust me, if they sold the TV I am buying in 2D only, I would be all over it.
---
This is just my opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.
#17bdfan4everPosted 12/9/2012 7:23:09 AM
NoNeedF0RaName posted...
Jx1010 posted...
who uses 3d anyways

To be quite honest, I cant stand 3D. I don't watch 3D movies at the theaters and I don't intend to watch them at home myself. I have well over 200 blurays and only 3 of those are in 3D. I bought the 3D version because they happened to be cheaper than the 2d version at time of purchase. Anyways, my wife and kids love 3d so I figured I would ask about the PS3's bluray capability. But trust me, if they sold the TV I am buying in 2D only, I would be all over it.

I know plenty of people that can't stand 3D, also. My sister included. I love WELL-IMPLEMENTED 3D, no post-production crap. I also don't care for 3D gaming since, as of now, picture quality takes a hit. But as a way to cleverly tell a visual story, I'm all for it. Just in moderation.