This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSN+ offers Free games and stuff BUT !!!!

#31killakPosted 12/9/2012 5:17:29 AM
Definitely is a troll topic though, your blaming PSN for your crappy internet and your uncared for hard drive. I download a 12 gig game in 2 hours, exactly the same as a 12 gig file on my PC or a 12 gig game on my XBox..... as for install times, they GREATLY vary based on how well you take care of your HD. Anyone who knows anything about HD's knows when you delete something it never truely goes away... so basically your install is fighting for space with everything you ever had. Regular formats stop this from happening. I've tested this myself multiple times by timing the same install before and after a format and the difference was mind blowing.

So ya, blaming your crap connection and unmaintainted system on Sony / + is trolling.

You don't think that was trolling?

And yes it's true that stuff deleted on HDD's never goes away, but that's only applicable to Microsoft windows. Harddrives under Linuxx don't get fragmented, and they don't on PS3 either.

And great logic you have, in stating that PS+ is fine because you can download 12gig in 2hrs. And blaming his ISP, oh you're really reaching deep into the bucket of intelligent replies for that one. You don't even know his ISP or his connection speed, and you're calling it "crappy",.

Don't try to sound like a know it all, when you just come off as a smart ass
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na
#32Dave4202Posted 12/9/2012 5:41:38 AM
killak posted...
And yes it's true that stuff deleted on HDD's never goes away, but that's only applicable to Microsoft windows.

Well MR.Knowitall, why do installs go faster after a format? Cause I have tested it MULTIPLE times. The first time I tested it was when my HD was by far at it's worst. I installed Mass Effect 2 pre format and it took just under 3 hours, post format it took 33 minutes. I could be wrong about the data still on the HD but I'm not wrong about it fixing install times and deleted data was the only logical explanation.

And no troll just fact.

As for the internet connection, he claimed that it was PSN's fault he has bad D/L times. If it's PSN's fault, why aren't my D/L times bad? Pretty sure were downloading off the same PSN unless there's a new one I don't know about. If PSN is causing the bad D/L times then why do my PC times match my PSN?

Try thinking before you type.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=KingGuy420&platform=ps3
#33InfiniteHERO(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 8:23:15 AM
Dave4202 posted...
killak posted...
And yes it's true that stuff deleted on HDD's never goes away, but that's only applicable to Microsoft windows.

Well MR.Knowitall, why do installs go faster after a format? Cause I have tested it MULTIPLE times. The first time I tested it was when my HD was by far at it's worst. I installed Mass Effect 2 pre format and it took just under 3 hours, post format it took 33 minutes. I could be wrong about the data still on the HD but I'm not wrong about it fixing install times and deleted data was the only logical explanation.

And no troll just fact.

As for the internet connection, he claimed that it was PSN's fault he has bad D/L times. If it's PSN's fault, why aren't my D/L times bad? Pretty sure were downloading off the same PSN unless there's a new one I don't know about. If PSN is causing the bad D/L times then why do my PC times match my PSN?

Take it Easy Junior my Hard drive is basically empty so explain that one? I pretty much have the best ISP in my area but refuse to pay an extra $20 for the so called boost thats just robbery especially when it used to be free.

As far as formatting the HDD and all that yes I may not really know how to do that through the PS3 or what not but I made another topic asking if the bigger HDD installed would hinder DL speeds and some of the people here said no.

So im out of things I can try on my end from what I know and I left the system on all night DL Ratch & Clank All 4 one which is like 14GB and this morning I checked and it still wasnt done so I dont know what to say. there is no magic cure for the somewhat slow DL speeds because it has been a problem since the PS3 came out. With them pushing a ton of digital content you would think someway or somehow they could work on something to remedy this but time after time and revision after revision the same old stuff with it.....
#34killakPosted 12/9/2012 8:32:03 AM

or bad sectors. I can tell you that any PS3 install that takes 3hrs, is installing to bad sectors, not a fragmented harddrive.

It is the PSNs fault. It's server penetration is quite poor and essentially results in a hit or miss for it's users.

Your PSN speeds are relative to your given ISPs exchange proximity to the PSN server you're connecting to. Do you remember when the storms hit NY and everyone was getting crappy speeds compared to before? Yeah, that's because they're connecting to servers that are now further away than their normal.

The TC might be on an 8 megabit connection, getting 3 megabit on PSN, and you might be on a 20megabit connection getting 18 on PSN.

It's not a comparable situation that gets anywhere with "i don't have cancer, therefore it mustn't exist" logic.

Yeah, I do think before I type. How about you know what you're talking about.
---
My instant game collection - http://tinyurl.com/dxq27an
#35Impaired MedicPosted 12/9/2012 8:36:36 AM
Postin' in a troll topic like a boss.
---
PSN: Impaired_Medic
#36faris_ruhiPosted 12/9/2012 8:47:27 AM
Depends on when you download and what kind of connection you have.

Thankfully, I have a decent connection to PSN, on par with my XBL connection.

But yes, the PSN in general is slower when you take into account everyone compared to XBL. Anyways, I'd consider the content of PS+ a fair tradeoff for the money, even if it doesn't increase the download speeds on PSN.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4