This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game Of The Generation is clearly:

#131PrismsbladePosted 12/9/2012 3:52:29 PM
xenoblade chronicles curbstomps ALMOST every game listed so far, and the fact it hasnt been listed yet is absolute mind blowing.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#132Devilman_AmonPosted 12/9/2012 3:55:08 PM(edited)
dismantledwhale posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
dismantledwhale posted...

This is rather silly, you can randomly make a pop/rap/rock/metal song as well.

And I'm not even a fan of country music.

Stop hating and let's see you do it then

I don't think I was hating. I just think you're being unreasonable to one music genre, one that admittedly has a popular style that repeats the same basic points (I mean if it sells it's going to be repeated, right?), but how is that any different from...

*rap - dancing, money, guns, women (often degrading them)
rock - partying, women (often degrading them), sex, youth revolt
metal - death, destruction, women (often sacrificing them to the Old Ones...), lots of blood and guts

...now don't get me wrong. There are plenty of bands I listen to who aren't that deep. I love Slayer, but I'm not comparing their music to say Baroness (who I recently got into and cannot stop listening to). Every genre has more diverse subgroups, many of them with a lot more meaning to their songs.

But the most popular, basic style can be mimicked for most of the main genres.

*You're talking about themes. I was talking about actually writing the song.

Which I basically did in under a minute.

Now if you say it's so easy then let's see you do it as well with pop/metal/rock/rap as you said. The burden of proof now lies in your hands, preferably not Metal or Rock since that seems to be your preference anyway.,

So....I'll even give you one easier than Rap then...I say you try R&B...let's see you randomly do an R&B song right now..

Go
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#133userfrigginamePosted 12/9/2012 3:58:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#134xanthan1Posted 12/9/2012 4:01:27 PM
Fallout New Vegas, better story than 3, better setting than 3 due to parts actually being in any way connected to the rest instead of just a number of unrelated areas, actual choice, more Fallouty, the Brotherhood of Steel being the Brotherhood of Steel.
#135djmaster1994Posted 12/9/2012 4:07:03 PM
Xenoblade Chronicles hands down
best story, characters, musics, world, over 60 hours long, bigger than most PS360 game for a Wii game, best RPG of all, and it flawless.
Nintendo + Monolith Soft = Unstoppable
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!
#136vecrynPosted 12/9/2012 4:11:19 PM
AXKSION posted...
Dark Souls.

The wild west sucks and is boring and stupid. Oh and cowboys suck and country music is the most terrible form of music ever, maybe even worse than Christian and religious music.

roflmao, I agree with the country music part entirely!
#137dismantledwhalePosted 12/9/2012 4:17:23 PM(edited)
Devilman_Amon posted...

*You're talking about themes. I was talking about actually writing the song.

Which I basically did in under a minute.

I don't think we're talking that differently. But now that I look at your song again, do you really, honestly believe that's a song that a fan of country music would enjoy. I think if you were honest you would agree that your song, while having some characteristics of what some country music fans might be like (cowboy hats, guns, playing the guitar, looking for a woman)...it's really poorly written. I don't think you could sell that to anyone...

Maybe it's safer to say it's easy to write lyrics that, while together may not constitute a song (in any particular genre) that you could get the average fan of that genre to listen to, does contain common themes associated with that genre. This is what I mean...

Yeah I'm shootin' back to Texas lookin for a lady to hug' - here you seem to indicate the cowboy is going back home to seek a companion...it's a love song...

And I'm chasin back my home town dreams. - where here it seems there's some long lost dream the cowboy had that he's finally felt the courage to finish...it's a motivational song...

Yeah I'm a honky tonk Cowboy ready to fire mah guns,
Just hootin and a hollarin' lookin for some good ol fun
- now he's just going to some backwoods bonfire looking for a good time with his friends...it's a simple good 'ol boys having fun song...

Your lyrics aren't focused, you just merged a bunch of ideas associated with country music. I don't think this constitutes a valid country music song...

Devilman_Amon posted...

Now if you say it's so easy then let's see you do it as well with pop/metal/rock/rap as you said. The burden of proof now lies in your hands, preferably not Metal or Rock since that seems to be your preference anyway.,

So....I'll even give you one easier than Rap then...I say you try R&B...let's see you randomly do an R&B song right now..

Go

No...

edit: sorry, staying on-topic...I could see Portal/Portal 2. Did something unique, outstanding quality...
---
In our current environment,
self-control is an asset.
#138Devilman_AmonPosted 12/9/2012 4:22:32 PM(edited)
dismantled, while you're free to criticize and nitpick, as you can clearly read, I stated I wrote that in under a minute. Who in their right mind would try to sell a song to a professional singer that they wrote in under a minute.
But given the fact that I hate Country music, rarely have any experience with it, couldn't recite a Country music song to you if my life depended on it, and you refuse to show me an example on your part since you say "it can easily be done for any other genre"; despite the burden of proof lying in your hands, it paints you as the hypocrite here...

also lol at your fail overanalysis of my song...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#139dismantledwhalePosted 12/9/2012 4:27:44 PM(edited)
Devilman_Amon posted...
dismantled, while you're free to criticize and nitpick, as you can clearly read, I stated I wrote that in under a minute. Who in their right mind would try to sell a song to a professional singer that they wrote in under a minute.
But given the fact that I hate Country music, rarely have any experience with it, couldn't recite a Country music song to you if my life depended on it, and you refuse to show me an example on your part since you say "it can easily be done for any other genre"; despite the burden of proof lying in your hands, it paints you as the hypocrite here...

I know, I know...before this gets too far, I was just joking around. I really do apologize, I guess I was trolling. So someone can mod me if they like. I would so deserve it. Can you mod your own post?

No hard feelings?

edit: apparently I can only delete the post, not mod it. Which I wouldn't do anyway...and I was kind of half-joking about The Binding of Isaac, I poured over 200 hours into that, and the story is suprisingly deeper than you might think...

---
In our current environment,
self-control is an asset.
#140Saiyan_EmperorPosted 12/9/2012 4:28:13 PM
I honestly thought Red Dead Redemption was boring as ****! Nothing about that game interested me. Uncharted 2 should be GOTG
---
http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/08/22/ape-escape-hd-collection/
^Please vote