This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game Of The Generation is clearly:

#41kanartPosted 12/9/2012 8:48:30 AM
As a JRPG fan I think it's Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Clearly this game has shaped this generation. There is also RDR, Uncharted 2, Gears or Mario but if FPS and TPS are on top it's thanks to CoD4.
#42regsantotomasPosted 12/9/2012 8:51:40 AM
I suppose that it depends how you define it. Many people are simply listing their favorite games.

If we are talking about the last 6 years and we are talking about all gaming, then I think one game stands out.

Angry Birds

It's not because it has the most depth or the best game out there but it exemplifies the proliferation of portable gaming. It is a game that has captured the interest of both traditional and the new casual gaming market because of it's free or 99c price point along with being accessible. It has been downloaded over a billion times.

It is the Tetris and Pac-Man of its generation.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#43KojaxFXPosted 12/9/2012 8:52:26 AM
KaiserLeo posted...
Red Dead Redemption.

Anyone who disagrees is plain wrong.

sure it was a good game, but it didn't sell as much as the CoD, or halo, mario games.
I would say the mass effect games are the games of this generation. They sold a lot, they have great graphics and they tell a story through a cinematic experiance. They also are a shooter, because everything is a shooter this gen lol. I would be willing to put CoD up there because this generation was defined by everyone trying to copy the success of CoD, yet CoD beats everyone in sales every year, and they don't do anything revolutionary.
#44NightwishPosted 12/9/2012 8:53:18 AM
peter_888 posted...
Nightwish posted...
Chunx907 posted...
AXKSION posted...
Dark Souls.

The wild west sucks and is boring and stupid. Oh and cowboys suck and country music is the most terrible form of music ever, maybe even worse than Christian and religious music.

That game is garbage. Enjoy your horrible dark and edgy poop. Wow how hardcore, a fantasy game with dwarves and goblins and knights and dragons. I'll be over here playing a game with actual substance thanks

somebody couldn't get past the tutorial stage

not really sure whey people use this as a comeback. I mean, I like Dark Souls. It's a great game. but people can dislike dark souls outside of the difficulty.

i used it as a comeback because he clearly didn't play the game if he thinks theres dwarves and goblins in it
---
PSN: Xnightwish XBL: Xnightwish
#45PHEEliNUXPosted 12/9/2012 8:56:24 AM
Play_Hangman posted...
sin & punishment: SS

I would agree if it wasn't for Xenoblade

Also, There is no real "GOTG"
#46MrFailPosted 12/9/2012 9:01:25 AM
regsantotomas posted...
I suppose that it depends how you define it. Many people are simply listing their favorite games.

If we are talking about the last 6 years and we are talking about all gaming, then I think one game stands out.

Angry Birds

It's not because it has the most depth or the best game out there but it exemplifies the proliferation of portable gaming. It is a game that has captured the interest of both traditional and the new casual gaming market because of it's free or 99c price point along with being accessible. It has been downloaded over a billion times.

God, just shut up. Nobody wants to hear that. Even if it is true.
#47jakestar0306Posted 12/9/2012 9:09:43 AM
howdyneighbor25 posted...
Agreed TC. Butt hurt weaboos itt

Or people who have different opinions.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#48OrangeCrush980Posted 12/9/2012 9:13:04 AM
It's clearly Radiant Historia
---
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality
#49grungastzenkiPosted 12/9/2012 9:14:10 AM
MrFail posted...
regsantotomas posted...

Angry Birds

God, just shut up. Nobody wants to hear that. Even if it is true.

Sadly it is true
I play many, many, many unique and simple games that infinite times better compare to such a crappy games yet it still can't compare with angry birds in terms of popularity
#50_tanjil_Posted 12/9/2012 9:18:48 AM
calhoun1389 posted...
AXKSION posted...
please tell me of another game with such superb perfect gameplay WITH dragons..

I would, but there's no such game to my knowledge. Dragons are almost entirely limited to RPGs and those games have horrendous gameplay.

In any Fantasy based setting. Video games seem to always turn to Dragons. Demon Souls did it, Dragon's Dogma and Dragon Age obviously did it, Skyrim did it... The last Final Fantasy 14 trailer I saw had emphasis on a dragon as well.

All those games have decent gameplay but yeah they are RPG's. But what do you want the Fantasy setting almost exclusively goes hand in hand with RPGs.

Also AXKSION Go make that meme right now! Willy Wonka awaits xD