This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game Of The Generation is clearly:

#51_tanjil_Posted 12/9/2012 9:21:46 AM
oh yeah people bashing RDR just cause they don't like westerns, well good job being unbiased. your opinion did great being relevant...
#52Epic-GamerPosted 12/9/2012 9:24:13 AM
Wrong. That would be Batman:Arkham City.

Anyone who disagrees with THAT is wrong! XD
---
So....Who's up for pie?
#53PorungaPosted 12/9/2012 9:25:46 AM
Epic-Gamer posted...
Wrong. That would be Batman:Arkham City.

Anyone who disagrees with THAT is wrong! XD

It is certainly a strong contender, that is for certain.
#54CyhortI82Posted 12/9/2012 9:27:06 AM(edited)
Nope. If I had to pick one, and I hate picking one game out of hundreds because it's impossible be remember every good and bad point of every game and compare them totally and one hundred percent impartially and it all comes down to what game I remember liking the best as opposed to which game is actually the best, I'd pick Metal Gear Solid 4.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#55moogle69Posted 12/9/2012 9:32:35 AM
All the best games of this generation are in WII and handhelds (truth hurts doesn't't it?)
---
3DS FC 5370 - 0690 - 8871
PSN coming soon
#56xt14Posted 12/9/2012 9:43:42 AM
Haha, seriously. I mean no offense to those who are posting games like Sin and Punishment as it's good, but if we are looking at a game of the generation....it needs to be an epic game, not an on rails shooter that's more of a cult classic....that's like me saying Panzer Dragoon Orta was the game of the last generation. It was awesome, but really?
Especially in regards to the Wii, a Super Mario Galaxy game is really the only true contender.

Game of the generation in N64/PS1 era is probably Ocarina of Time/FF7 type stuff as they've done the most to shape the era afterwards....or even Pokemon here?

Next Xbox/PS2 would have to go to Halo/GTA/KOTOR

I mean for now it seems Modern Warfare as much as I also don't want to admit it has to be up there....it has paved the way for online gaming for sure. I can see the point people make for Angry Birds though, and RDR...hell you could even argue Rock Band possibly, or depending on which generation you want to include it with...half life 2 seems a more important step than even Uncharted...but the lines are becoming much more grey now.

Anyone against these claims?
#57arclouks_xPosted 12/9/2012 9:44:27 AM
Brocken_Jr posted...
red dead bored me way to f***in much. i hated bein jim bob from the west. HOWDY, MA'AM! *shoots myself* i just think that things related to the west just plain suck.

This, I just couldn't finish that damn game.
---
PS3&PSVITA:JustArc_
-Currently playing:Gravity Rush, Uncharted:GA, FF5, Burnout Paradise, Payday:the heist, lbp2.
#58LMTTNPosted 12/9/2012 9:49:43 AM
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, Grand Theft Auto IV, L.A. Noire, Heavy Rain, and Arkham City were my favorite games of this generation.
---
Steam: Super AE
Currently playing: Assassin's Creed II, Black Ops II, Metro 2033
#59Godly_GoofPosted 12/9/2012 9:56:10 AM
Journey.

That is all
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#60ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/9/2012 9:56:46 AM
moogle69 posted...
All the best games of this generation are in WII and handhelds (truth hurts doesn't't it?)

We're lucky that this is a lie then.