This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game Of The Generation is clearly:

#71Skull007o_OPosted 12/9/2012 10:35:36 AM
ZeroOne0 posted...
Metal Gear Solid 4

I consider myself quite a fanboy of the franchise, but MGS4 failed in some aspects

But I can't deny that it's one of the best games I've ever played, though it's not enough to surpass MGS3, IMO
#72HighwayPilotPosted 12/9/2012 10:40:04 AM
Skull007o_O posted...
ZeroOne0 posted...
Metal Gear Solid 4

I consider myself quite a fanboy of the franchise, but MGS4 failed in some aspects

But I can't deny that it's one of the best games I've ever played, though it's not enough to surpass MGS3, IMO
Too much movie, not enough game for me. And it didn't improve on MGS3 in terms of gameplay. It didn't feel like a PS3 game in any other way than graphics.
#73Greyfox995Posted 12/9/2012 10:42:59 AM
Brink
#74GXL_LeonPosted 12/9/2012 10:50:56 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#75Skull007o_OPosted 12/9/2012 10:53:30 AM
HighwayPilot posted...
Skull007o_O posted...
ZeroOne0 posted...
Metal Gear Solid 4

Too much movie, not enough game for me. And it didn't improve on MGS3 in terms of gameplay. It didn't feel like a PS3 game in any other way than graphics.

I don't know, the gameplay was pretty solid for me... octocamo, customized weapons, and many ways in which you can go through a scenario (using stealth, or just running like a fool using your gun)

As for cutscenes, that's entirely subjective. I enjoy watching cutscenes, but I can understand if someone doesn't like watching them... I practically grew up playing MGS so I don't have any problems regarding games with hours and hours of cutscenes

Then again, compare it with today's games, many of them are buggy as hell, and WAY to generic for my tastes... hell, there's a bunch of titles on PS2 that for me, are even above MGS4
#76Tuggboat1121Posted 12/9/2012 10:54:28 AM
KaiserLeo posted...
Red Dead Redemption.

Anyone who disagrees is plain wrong.

lolno
---
New England Patriots: 9-3. AFC East Champs!
XBL: Clayton Bigsbe. PSN/Nintendo ID: ClaytonBigsbe
#77BikeaLossPosted 12/9/2012 11:11:23 AM
Tuggboat1121 posted...
KaiserLeo posted...
Red Dead Redemption.

Anyone who disagrees is plain wrong.

lolno
#78R15KPosted 12/9/2012 11:12:30 AM
Dark Souls is pretty good but no way it's Game of the Generation, it's a pretty standard action RPG but with slightly better controls and a dodge roll. "But it's HARD?" No it's not, you just need to actually think, most gamers aren't very good at that.

RDR- Grand Theft Horse. I enjoyed it highly and have probably 100+ hours into it but in order for something to be GotG material it should at least have a few innovative concepts in it. What's RDR got? That crappy card game? Animal skinning? I just don't see it, replace the music with something modern, John with a black guy and horses with cars and no one could tell what game it was. Absolutely nothing new other then an old west setting which isn't even new just not overused.

Game of the generation- HALO, Call of Duty 4, Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3, Uncharted 2, Gears. Yea dudebro pewpew I know but in case you haven't noticed a VAST majority of gamers prefer shooters, it's just this board that's all high and mighty on them.

You can argue all you want but the fact is Game of the Generation needs to be a huge seller, remain popular for a long period, bring serious improvements to it's genre and be critically acclaimed, these games exemplify those characteristics. One day they will have a Game of the Generation and it WILL be one of the ones I posted, I promise.
#79Hazmat963Posted 12/9/2012 11:18:28 AM
moogle69 posted...
All the best games of this generation are in WII and handhelds (truth hurts doesn't't it?)

AKA the only systems this person owns
---
http://livingdeadrpg.proboards.com/
#80hockeybub89Posted 12/9/2012 11:20:45 AM
Portal 2
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica