This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what sony is doing with cross play ps3/vita games is criminal

#1SophisticationPosted 12/9/2012 7:36:54 AM
They are developing these games on the vita for way less money than it would cost to make a full on ps3 game and then they are packaging it with a playable on ps3 version.

Crossplay isn't with vita... it's really on ps3.

They want you to believe you are getting the vita game free if you buy the ps3 versions... that's only true on the exterior. The game was developed on the vita...you are paying 60 dollars for a vita game that runs on ps3.

Lbp karting
Psasbr
Sly 4
Ratchet and clak ffa

And many others are all vita games... vita games packaged as ps3 games. It's criminal. They don't look like ps3 games should look... they look like 15 dollar psn games. And no one can sit here and tell me that, at this stage in development, sonys last year with ps3 their lead system and every developer having a greater understanding of the cell this is the quality of games the ps3 is capable of?

Psasbr is pushing the cell to the limit huh? We should be getting eyeball busting games out of the ps3... not these vita jobs.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats with successful, savvy topics & post.
#2kupo1705Posted 12/9/2012 7:39:48 AM
I suggest calling the cops.
#3PorungaPosted 12/9/2012 7:43:55 AM
kupo1705 posted...
I suggest calling the cops.

There is no TIME for that!

Quick.... everyone form the lynch mob! I'll get the torches!
#4Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 7:49:24 AM
Look, I just think it's sad Sony sat down and gave up... face it, that's what they did, too. They're not even trying anymore with ps3. What's sad, graphically, ps3 was topped out in 09 with u2. Pathetic. Now sony makes psn quality games for vita that run on ps3 for 60 bucks a pop.

Now I get why sony is happy with the sales of lbp karting, psasbr and ffa.. they didn't cost anything to make hardly. They are actually making money off these games for once and all it took was to make it on cheap hardware and selk it full price.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats with successful, savvy topics & post.
#5PorungaPosted 12/9/2012 7:54:12 AM
They are just trying something a little different to try and revitalize the vita. While the cross play games may not be quite on the same level as a strictly ps3 developed game, there is nothing wrong with them.. and you ARE getting 2 copies of the game for the price of one. If you really like those games, it is a great deal, because you can take them with you when you are away from your ps3. I personally don't see much of a problem.
#6Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 7:59:42 AM
Porunga posted...
They are just trying something a little different to try and revitalize the vita. While the cross play games may not be quite on the same level as a strictly ps3 developed game, there is nothing wrong with them.. and you ARE getting 2 copies of the game for the price of one. If you really like those games, it is a great deal, because you can take them with you when you are away from your ps3. I personally don't see much of a problem.

No you're not... the games aren't worth 60 tho. They are selling psn quality games here... vita quality games at 60 bucks. Does that seem fair? How about they are selling you a vita game for 30 and a vita game that plays on ps3 for 30 for a grand total of 60 bucks... that's what's happening.
---
#7PorungaPosted 12/9/2012 8:09:24 AM(edited)
You have already made up your mind on this subject, it is a waste of both of our times trying to convince the other. I disagree, nothing more to really say.
#8HENTAIDOJIPosted 12/9/2012 8:14:53 AM(edited)
It is ironic that this fanbase should go to such extents to dismiss bitesize downloadable titles when:

1) One of the above won the VGA's GOTY
2) The highest rated PS3 exclusive this year is one
3) All of retail *edit* 2012 PS3 exclusive should have been downloadable games
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#9Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 8:07:27 AM
Porunga posted...
You have always made up your mind on this subject, it is a waste of both of our times trying to convince the other. I disagree, nothing more to really say.

But you do agree ps3 is more capable than what psasbr and lbp karting and sly 4 are pushing, right? Can you agree those games are vita games?
---
#10Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 8:11:45 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
It is ironic that this fanbase should go to such extents to dismiss bitesize downloadable titles when:

1) One of the above won the VGA's GOTY
2) The highest rated PS3 exclusive this year is one
3) All of retail PS3 exclusive should have been downloadable games

I've nothing against downloadable games... I have something against sony pushing vita games off as ps3 games. A game like journey for instance is 15 bucks... you know it was a psn game and what to expect from it. Psasbr looks like a 15 dollar psn game, plays like a 2 dollar psn game and was made on vita dev kits and ported over to run on ps3 and sold at 60 bucks.

That doesn't fly with me.
---