This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does CoD take skill to play?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Does CoD take skill to play?

User Info: Sevi_ney

Sevi_ney
3 years ago#1
does it take skill to play CoD well? - Results (283 votes)
Yes -
49.12% (139 votes)
No -
50.88% (144 votes)
This poll is now closed.
To play the game online. Now let me tell you why I think so. *ahem* it has a long learning curve. Let me tell you why you might not think so. Because COD is synonomous with "BAD" whereas "Skill" is synonomous with "GOOD" and "depth" in de vidyagam.

User Info: kupo1705

kupo1705
3 years ago#2
Which CoD?

The newer ones? No, not in the slightest.

User Info: ScreamingMidget

ScreamingMidget
3 years ago#3
Not sure about doody but stuff like CS definitely does.

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
3 years ago#4
not with aim assist
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green

User Info: You_Need_A_Life

You_Need_A_Life
3 years ago#5
CoD's about reflex. It boils down to getting the jump on the enemy and holding L1/R1 before them, so everyone sprints from enemy to enemy and the games on like that. It's a good arcade run & gun, but really doesn't require much in the way of skill.

Then again, neither do a lot of FPS games or shooters in general these days. CoD gets the worst rep, but the games it's inspired are just as bad.

User Info: confettistorm

confettistorm
3 years ago#6
The only skill that is required in CoD is the skill to yell at the top of your lungs into the microphone after you've been killed once.

User Info: kcypher2000

kcypher2000
3 years ago#7
Of course it does. Even tetris takes skill to play or you lose. Does it take as much skill as other fpsers? That is harder to argue and i would say no. But it definitely takes some level of skill.

User Info: rofflchopper

rofflchopper
3 years ago#8
All games take some degree of skill. But with CoD I would say it's more about reflex and connection than skill.
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.

User Info: Superfly Jo Jo

Superfly Jo Jo
3 years ago#9
With Black Ops 2 you don't need skill. You just need a bad-mediocre internet connection so you can take full advantage of the terrible lag compensation
PSN: spacedirtyjerz
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Zelda: OoT, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Doom 3 BFG

User Info: majin nemesis

majin nemesis
3 years ago#10
kcypher2000 posted...
Of course it does. Even tetris takes skill to play or you lose. Does it take as much skill as other fpsers? That is harder to argue and i would say no. But it definitely takes some level of skill.
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Does CoD take skill to play?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived