This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does CoD take skill to play?

#51calhoun1389Posted 12/10/2012 8:03:40 AM
ITT: Common sense & Basic gameplay comprehension = skill.
---
My first born, Jackson was born on Friday, May 11, 2012.
'I just wanted to be the best Pokemon Master I could be." - Michael Vick
#52MGS4SNAKEPosted 12/10/2012 8:03:59 AM
Yes it takes skills.

You just can't play with a "Target Finder or aim assist" attachments and believe you're good. It requires good eye coordination, reflexes, weapon comfort and memorization of the maps, in other words you need to be very alert, react fast, use the right weapon per map and know where the enemy might come from.

Being the top dog often on a losing team means you're good.

My friends can't play at all, (Roger) goes in rambo with SMGs on big maps and gets owned, uses too much rapid fire and sprint randomly, (Jay) camps all day and throws random grenades, (Ed) gets kills but doesn't use killstreaks.
---
Whatever he hits?! he destroys!
#53MGS4SNAKEPosted 12/10/2012 8:10:05 AM
Pawkie07 posted...
79 ppl think they have skill

On the contrary, those 79 (or current #) are the struggling ones who see others do good.
---
Whatever he hits?! he destroys!
#54MuintirPosted 12/10/2012 8:11:37 AM
it doesnt take skill to play but it takes skill to be good. Unless your a camper who spends hours memorizing the map.
---
http://i44.tinypic.com/b8jncy.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/r29m5f.jpg
#55zooknutPosted 12/10/2012 8:14:52 AM
it takes practice and i know a lot of cod haters will say its mindless blah blah blah but yea to get good u have to play alot otherwise youre gonna get killed quickly especially on harder settings
#56Arin_ApokolipsPosted 12/10/2012 8:18:46 AM
The question should be does it take skill to be good at the game. Technically, it doesn't take any skills to just play any game, but it requires some skill to actually dominate in the game.
---
The world is your playground.
#57nihilist212Posted 12/10/2012 8:20:42 AM
If you voted no, then you're an idiot. Simple as that. You hating on a game doesn't mean it doesn't take skill to be good at said game.
---
Sometimes you've got to say "hey, i'm gonna **** you.....softly"
psn: jcvdismyhero
#58ryudin89Posted 12/10/2012 8:21:33 AM
calhoun1389 posted...

---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#59theshovellerPosted 12/10/2012 8:26:12 AM
calhoun1389 posted...

Of course, everyone can rea- wait, what's this "illiteracy" thing? Someone once said "it shouldn't be called common sense, because it isn't common?"

Then again, I'm the guy who said making toast requires skill - just a different set and amount of skills than baking a souffle.
#60calhoun1389Posted 12/10/2012 8:56:32 AM
theshoveller posted...
Of course, everyone can rea- wait, what's this "illiteracy" thing?

Just because there's a minority who can't do something, doesn't mean anyone who can do it are skilled at it. Being skilled at something means being better than the majority who can do it.

The fact that my 7 year old nephew and his friends can put in MW2 and consistently get more kills than deaths laments my belief that it doesn't take any actual skill to be good at the game. To be great (like a 5+ K/D), yes, but to be good (let alone play it), no. Then again, maybe my standards are just higher than your's and you don't follow the same belief that a game needs an moderate to steep learning curve between new players and good players for one to claim it requires skill to be played.
---
My first born, Jackson was born on Friday, May 11, 2012.
'I just wanted to be the best Pokemon Master I could be." - Michael Vick