This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IGN sucks

#1rikku_350Posted 12/9/2012 11:30:37 AM
I know this post is very inappropriately placed among the GameFAQs boards, but I honestly couldn't help myself. I need to rant it out.

I've been using GameFAQs for many years now (since early 2000's) and have found every review, every rating, every-everything to be accurate and helpful. After using IGN for a couple of years, I've found so many disappointments/disagreements among their ratings, reviews, etc. I feel like IGN is nothing more than a bunch of corporate critics who base all their ideas off of what "sells-out" the best (IGN is a big sell-out).

A good example would be the latest CoD series. Honestly, anyone who has actually played the games knows that each "new" CoD game is the same crap as before. The series got bland and died after CoD 4: Modern Warfare (as far as I'm concerned), and I feel that GameFAQs recognizes it. Take a look at each GameFAQs CoD review/rating after Modern Warfare and you'll see the steady decline in ratings (MW 9ish, MW2 7ish, MW3 6ish, Black Ops 1&2 7ish). IGN fails to notice this and still grants these games 9-10 ratings causing everyone to rush out and buy the game just to find out it's the same bland crap as before.

I could give more examples, but I think it all speaks for itself. Again, sorry for the inappropriately placed topic, but I just had to get it out somewhere.
#2theofficefan99Posted 12/9/2012 11:34:05 AM
Fart.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#3hockeybub89Posted 12/9/2012 11:34:28 AM
Actually, CoD is great when Treyarch is in control. Don't trust user reviews.

And yeah IGN sucks, but who cares? It is not the society killing horror you are making it out to be.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#4confettistormPosted 12/9/2012 11:34:32 AM
rikku_350 posted...
I know this post is very inappropriately placed among the GameFAQs boards, but I honestly couldn't help myself. I need to rant it out.

I've been using GameFAQs for many years now (since early 2000's) and have found every review, every rating, every-everything to be accurate and helpful. After using IGN for a couple of years, I've found so many disappointments/disagreements among their ratings, reviews, etc. I feel like IGN is nothing more than a bunch of corporate critics who base all their ideas off of what "sells-out" the best (IGN is a big sell-out).

A good example would be the latest CoD series. Honestly, anyone who has actually played the games knows that each "new" CoD game is the same crap as before. The series got bland and died after CoD 4: Modern Warfare (as far as I'm concerned), and I feel that GameFAQs recognizes it. Take a look at each GameFAQs CoD review/rating after Modern Warfare and you'll see the steady decline in ratings (MW 9ish, MW2 7ish, MW3 6ish, Black Ops 1&2 7ish). IGN fails to notice this and still grants these games 9-10 ratings causing everyone to rush out and buy the game just to find out it's the same bland crap as before.

I could give more examples, but I think it all speaks for itself. Again, sorry for the inappropriately placed topic, but I just had to get it out somewhere.

Thus is the irony when they review JRPGs and say its the same (even when the small tweaks to the battle system make them completely different in the mid-late portions of the game, which shows that they didn't even bother to play a few hours into the game before reviewing).

Watch the Tales of Graces F review on Gametrailers... The reviewer makes it so obvious he didn't even play past the first chapter.
#5zerooo0Posted 12/9/2012 11:35:17 AM
In other words IGN likes a game I don't like, so they must suck.
---
The Phantom Pain= FLAMING LAND WHALE!!!!!!
#6ViVi_0rnitierPosted 12/9/2012 11:39:12 AM(edited)
Even if don't like any reviewers in general, IGN is honestly the worst. So yes, IGN sucks.
---
I go to gamefaqs board by jumping on to the internet and then use stuff like "report" and kill the crap outta trolls.
#7king_maddenPosted 12/9/2012 12:35:53 PM
zerooo0 posted...

pretty much this.

im not sure why people cant just view them as opinions and leave it at that.
#8VGAddict90Posted 12/9/2012 12:37:15 PM
Is it bad that I think the users on IGN are generally more intelligent than the users on Gamefaqs?
#9rikku_350(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 12:46:28 PM
king_madden posted...
zerooo0 posted...

pretty much this.

im not sure why people cant just view them as opinions and leave it at that.

That's the problem, I feel like GameFAQs has REAL gamer opinions that line up more accurately than the corporate critic crap IGN comes up with. It's like watching an awesome movie, then seeing that critics gave it a low rating because it wasn't directed by a renown director (then seeing a crap movie that critics rate AWESOME because some hotshot director did it).

In other words, I feel that IGN's rating system isn't even a real opinion. It's just a marketing strategy to get players to buy their game.

Nonetheless, this post is just a spontaneous rant. I've gotten to the point where I don't use IGN. I just keep to what I trust (GameFAQs) and let the mainstream media do it's business on gamers.
#10You_Need_A_LifePosted 12/9/2012 6:27:19 PM
rikku_350 posted...
I know this post is very inappropriately placed among the GameFAQs boards...

No, it's true, and we all know it.