This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IGN sucks

#21SexySamSosa67Posted 12/10/2012 1:13:30 AM
COD aside, are you saying RDR and GTA IV didn't deserve near perfect scores?
---
Eminem Is The Greatest Musician Of All Time
Shawn Michaels Is The Greatest Athlete Of All Time
#22crazyman32Posted 12/10/2012 1:33:03 AM
SexySamSosa67 posted...

RDR deserved high rating scores it's a great game.I don't think GTAIV deserved high scores because,I got bored,didn't like the characters and the add on stories were better then the regular game.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#23gamestop27Posted 12/10/2012 1:40:41 AM
SexySamSosa67 posted...

Didn't play RDR, but GTAIV sure as hell didn't deserve those near perfect scores.
---
A birther, a creationist, an anti-vaxxer, and a conspiracy theorist walk into a bar. They are the same person.
#24secondhand1Posted 12/10/2012 7:09:25 AM
rikku_350 posted...
I know this post is very inappropriately placed among the GameFAQs boards, but I honestly couldn't help myself. I need to rant it out.

I've been using GameFAQs for many years now (since early 2000's) and have found every review, every rating, every-everything to be accurate and helpful. After using IGN for a couple of years, I've found so many disappointments/disagreements among their ratings, reviews, etc. I feel like IGN is nothing more than a bunch of corporate critics who base all their ideas off of what "sells-out" the best (IGN is a big sell-out).

A good example would be the latest CoD series. Honestly, anyone who has actually played the games knows that each "new" CoD game is the same crap as before. The series got bland and died after CoD 4: Modern Warfare (as far as I'm concerned), and I feel that GameFAQs recognizes it. Take a look at each GameFAQs CoD review/rating after Modern Warfare and you'll see the steady decline in ratings (MW 9ish, MW2 7ish, MW3 6ish, Black Ops 1&2 7ish). IGN fails to notice this and still grants these games 9-10 ratings causing everyone to rush out and buy the game just to find out it's the same bland crap as before.

I could give more examples, but I think it all speaks for itself. Again, sorry for the inappropriately placed topic, but I just had to get it out somewhere.

So is this a CoD bashing topic or an IGN bashing topic?

Either way, you're being juvenile. Color me shocked.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#25rikku_350(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 10:06:34 AM
lol, it's a rant post. Sometimes it just feels good and relieving to post something and hear people's opinions. A few agree. A few disagree. Each to their own. But I do like seeing everyone's opinion on the matter. And this is definitely not a CoD bashing post, CoD just happens to be a very good example that everyone can relate to.
#26hockeybub89Posted 12/10/2012 10:16:18 AM
gamestop27 posted...
SexySamSosa67 posted...

Didn't play RDR, but GTAIV sure as hell didn't deserve those near perfect scores.

You're right. It only deserved 9s.

Anyway, the problem with this is topic is who heck cares? As someone mentioned, it is not like IGN is giving games scores that no one else is giving them. They say some dumb crap in the actual reviews and seem hypocritical at times, but the actual number score is rarely off from howa the general consensus of reviews are scoring a game.

IGN sucks? Then just stop paying attention to them. Problem solved.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#27EseenuzPosted 12/10/2012 10:22:26 AM
hockeybub89 posted...
gamestop27 posted...
SexySamSosa67 posted...

Anyway, the problem with this is topic is who heck cares? As someone mentioned, it is not like IGN is giving games scores that no one else is giving them. They say some dumb crap in the actual reviews and seem hypocritical at times, but the actual number score is rarely off from howa the general consensus of reviews are scoring a game.

The problem is that most people don't stop paying attention to them and that has real consequences on the future of gaming... just one man's opinionlol
#28hockeybub89Posted 12/10/2012 10:30:38 AM
Eseenuz posted...
hockeybub89 posted...
gamestop27 posted...
SexySamSosa67 posted...

The problem is that most people don't stop paying attention to them and that has real consequences on the future of gaming... just one man's opinionlol

2 problems with that

1: "Most people" don't even look at reviews. The majority surely don't. Some really mediocre/bad reviewed games have sold millions.

2. IGN is one publication. As I said, their scores are never far off what most review sites are handing out. So if you want to blame someone for whatever the heck you think is wrong with the industry, you to need to add dozens more publications to your blacklist.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#29Thermador446Posted 12/10/2012 10:34:41 AM
IGN is like the CNN of video games.
The only people that use it as an information source have experienced serious head trauma.
It's so morally wrong to exploit people who are disabled like that.
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"
#30TheBorderColliePosted 12/10/2012 10:34:50 AM
In other words IGN likes a game I don't like, so they must suck.

^^^ This.
---
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe