This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you like the Assassin's Creed franchise?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Do you like the Assassin's Creed franchise?
4 years ago#11
I think the concept is kinda cool, but no matter how many times I try, I just can't get into them. Not saying they're bad, but they're just not for me.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
4 years ago#12
I like it quite a bit (AC2 is one of my favorite games), though it's faaaaar from perfect. I really like the historical aspect of it, going around different environments and interacting with famous figures, and I can tolerate the stupid sci-fi stuff to a point, but after Brotherhood, it left a sour taste in my mouth. Playing through Revelations now (meh), and from what I hear, AC3 is the best one yet, so yeah, I'm a fan of Assassin's Creed.
4 years ago#13
I used to.
AC is my favorite. Liked AC2 well enough. Disappointed with AC:B and AC:R. Cannot stand AC3...completely killed my interest in the series.
Playing - Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Vanquish, MGS HD Col, Resonance of Fate, Monster Hunter FU, Shadows of the Damned, Valkyria Chronicles
PSN: DocDelicious
4 years ago#14
ViVi_0rnitier posted...
Yes, and i believe that most of the hate it gets is because is popular.

I never get this argument, if something is so popular, obviously it has more people that like it than those who hate it, and it's probably only a small stupid minority that hate it simply for being popular, while others may have genuinely good reasons.

I like the AC series but to me it has gotten generally worse with each installment, though I liked Revelations more than Brotherhood. Despite its flaws AC1 had a cool atmosphere, good main character and a mysterious, intriguing story. I felt that all subsequent ACs had worse characters and cheesier writing, with many pointless missions thrown in for good measure.
PSN: lady_mystic
Mind your blasted manners! Uncivil, uncouth, uncultivated! - Lady Smith
4 years ago#15
Yes, it's one of my favorite new IP's this gen.
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
4 years ago#16
Although there are other series I enjoy playing a little more, my favorite game series of this gen is Assassin's Creed.
'In this great world full of stuff that's neat there is one thing that cannot be beat. It's the feeling so sunny when your squeezing a bunny" ELMYRA DUFF
4 years ago#17
YES
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
4 years ago#18
Yeah I like it. They're all good games at their core that are bogged down by a bunch of annoyances. Biggest thing I dislike about them are the boring filler like collectibles and side-quests that just all feel like a waste of time.

Overall, I like the series but it is far from one of my favorites.
4 years ago#19
Not interested. I don't hate it, though.
3 things I dislike before a game release:
The wait, the haters and the trolls
4 years ago#20
lacking "Liked at first, got bored by the yearly milking."
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Do you like the Assassin's Creed franchise?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived