This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you like the Assassin's Creed franchise?

#11anonymous46773Posted 12/9/2012 2:00:00 PM
I think the concept is kinda cool, but no matter how many times I try, I just can't get into them. Not saying they're bad, but they're just not for me.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#12theatrical_catPosted 12/9/2012 2:00:57 PM
I like it quite a bit (AC2 is one of my favorite games), though it's faaaaar from perfect. I really like the historical aspect of it, going around different environments and interacting with famous figures, and I can tolerate the stupid sci-fi stuff to a point, but after Brotherhood, it left a sour taste in my mouth. Playing through Revelations now (meh), and from what I hear, AC3 is the best one yet, so yeah, I'm a fan of Assassin's Creed.
#13DocDeliciousPosted 12/9/2012 2:15:24 PM
I used to.
AC is my favorite. Liked AC2 well enough. Disappointed with AC:B and AC:R. Cannot stand AC3...completely killed my interest in the series.
---
Playing - Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Vanquish, MGS HD Col, Resonance of Fate, Monster Hunter FU, Shadows of the Damned, Valkyria Chronicles
PSN: DocDelicious
#14ninjakrakenPosted 12/9/2012 2:22:45 PM
ViVi_0rnitier posted...
Yes, and i believe that most of the hate it gets is because is popular.

I never get this argument, if something is so popular, obviously it has more people that like it than those who hate it, and it's probably only a small stupid minority that hate it simply for being popular, while others may have genuinely good reasons.

I like the AC series but to me it has gotten generally worse with each installment, though I liked Revelations more than Brotherhood. Despite its flaws AC1 had a cool atmosphere, good main character and a mysterious, intriguing story. I felt that all subsequent ACs had worse characters and cheesier writing, with many pointless missions thrown in for good measure.
---
PSN: lady_mystic
Mind your blasted manners! Uncivil, uncouth, uncultivated! - Lady Smith
#15DarknessXSeekerPosted 12/9/2012 3:15:34 PM
Yes, it's one of my favorite new IP's this gen.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#16Magnum_DanPosted 12/9/2012 4:46:46 PM
Although there are other series I enjoy playing a little more, my favorite game series of this gen is Assassin's Creed.
---
'In this great world full of stuff that's neat there is one thing that cannot be beat. It's the feeling so sunny when your squeezing a bunny" ELMYRA DUFF
#17crazyman32Posted 12/9/2012 4:50:20 PM
YES
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#18KevoCSCSPosted 12/9/2012 4:50:29 PM
Yeah I like it. They're all good games at their core that are bogged down by a bunch of annoyances. Biggest thing I dislike about them are the boring filler like collectibles and side-quests that just all feel like a waste of time.

Overall, I like the series but it is far from one of my favorites.
#19echa_OnePosted 12/9/2012 5:31:30 PM
Not interested. I don't hate it, though.
---
3 things I dislike before a game release:
The wait, the haters and the trolls
#20zUkUuPosted 12/9/2012 5:47:20 PM
lacking "Liked at first, got bored by the yearly milking."