This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

name a series you feel has too many sequals.

#231ToastyAnakinPosted 12/10/2012 6:36:35 AM
Asemu_Asuno posted...
*Insert list of agme series and franchises I personally don't like*

But seriously, obvious ones from what I can see would be

-Soul Calibur
Gets literally worse with every game. II was absolutely perfect, blanaced, great amount of modes and characters, and really fun. III took away some of the modes, had silly rubberband AI, and was unbalanced. IV started to get balanced again, but decided to drop every single single player mode besides Arcade, a poor event mode, and a really bad story mode. V went even further, stripping everything but a very bad story mode and arcade mode, adding in a couple of very short and unlikable modes. It did however get the gameplay back on track.

-Assassins Creed
Assassins Creed 3 is actually 7 or something silly like that, with how much they have been flogging the series this gen. I get that the franchise is good, but all the big names in gaming that have stood the test of time have one thing in common, new instalments are few and far between. Zelda has one or two games a gen. Mario has one or two main series games a gen. Final Fantasy has two or three major games a gen. ect. Assassins Creed, despite being a new IP, has five home console games this gen, as well as a couple of portable games. Cut the filler and keep the series meaty and rewarding Ubisoft.

-Call of Duty
Like the above this series is releasing too many games in too short a time. Release a new game once every two years and the series would probably get even bigger sales, and not only that, but it would also likely last beyond next gen. As it is CoD will likely wear out it's welcome by the end of next gen.

I don't think Soul Calibur has too many sequels, considering how the series has been axed twice now.
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#232supremeblasterPosted 12/10/2012 6:40:26 AM
Final Fantasy and Megaman have the most I think.
#233Cl0udz1985Posted 12/10/2012 6:45:13 AM
Ass Creed
Halo
CoD
God of War
#234TheMKDestroyerPosted 12/10/2012 6:45:53 AM
Lol at anyone who says Final Fantasy has too many sequels. Dirge of cerberous. Final Fantasy X-2. Final Fantasy XIII-2. Soon to be Lightning returns. Man that's a'lot of sequels!
#235JoeyFNKPosted 12/10/2012 7:00:49 AM
To the few of you saying call of duty, Mega Man averages more games per year and hasn't had a new game in like what 5 years?
---
Last 3 Games Beat: Batman: Arkham City, Transformers: War for Cybertron, Batman: Arkham Asylum
#236ToastyAnakinPosted 12/10/2012 7:05:26 AM
TheMKDestroyer posted...
Lol at anyone who says Final Fantasy has too many sequels. Dirge of cerberous. Final Fantasy X-2. Final Fantasy XIII-2. Soon to be Lightning returns. Man that's a'lot of sequels!

IV: Interlude

IV: The after years

VII: Crisis Core

VII: Advent children complete

VII: Before Crisis

Tactics Advance

Tactics A2

XII: Revenant wings

Dissidia 012
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#237Flare1721Posted 12/10/2012 7:11:20 AM
lambchips posted...
mgs, story is stupid now... its like a long running comic book where the original idea had already been lost/died
street fighter 4, how many expansions does a fighting game need?
ff13, 4 sequels to a mediocre ff game
monster hunter 3, 4 sequels/expansions and counting
kingdom hearts, too many spin offs to the point its just stupid

KH does not hav spin off just like FFvs13 is not a spin off it's it own main game.
---
Best Boss Battle Ever Xemnas- KH2, Long Live Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: Strife1721
#238Rydiafan013Posted 12/10/2012 7:29:59 AM
Why don't companies just stop making games ... will everyone be happy then ??

If you don't like don't play

I don't like the 360 .... but just because i don't like it does that give the right to say " you know ill be happier if they stop making the 360 "
#239TehRYNOLPosted 12/10/2012 8:05:12 AM
I love both Metal Gear and Ratchet & Clank, but I feel like they're starting to get milked quite a bit.
---
Official Gas Station of the Versus/Agito boards. | PSN: Gowow20
Not changing sig until Dr. Dre releases Detox! Started: October 13th 2009
#240blackwaltz3Posted 12/10/2012 11:23:05 AM
Resident Evil
Metal Gear Solid

I don't a series having a lot of sequels, but these storylines are so messy and overly drawn out at this point that I think that sequels are pretty pointless
---
Trying is the first step towards failure.
PSN ID: Nieds