This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

name a series you feel has too many sequals.

#251roadtosalvationPosted 12/10/2012 9:20:13 PM
Yeah, so the Final Fantasy games aren't "true" sequels... it's still annoying as hell that Square Enix milks the damn franchise like a freaking Metroid attacking it's prey.

If only Mother Brain would show up and but a bullet through SE's head.
#252PrismsbladePosted 12/10/2012 9:38:01 PM
Nirvanas_Nox posted...
Prismsblade posted...
Kingdom Hearts

Seriously I dont think I've ever encountered a series so blatantly milked for everything its worth, going through the trouble of making spin off, after spin off spanning across multiple consoles/handhelds, to fill plot holes nobody were even asking, or cared at that only to raise more questions, then answered. And thats not even including the freaking rerelease/remakes KH:FM, then FM+......really

Your have to pay a fortune to play the entire series.

1) they arent spin offs and 2) you dont have to pay a fortune for the whole series. thats what reading is for. back to the question at hand. Call of Duty and FF13

If you love a series naturally your want to own it all. which is the main issue with the KHs series because to do so will cost you alot. And of course you can just wiki the plot assuming you dont care for owning the games, but thats applies to every series with plots including FF13 -__-
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#253UltraMarcusPosted 12/10/2012 9:47:09 PM
the Final Fantasy series totally count as Sequels.

You could say the same thing about soooo many games if that were true. Grand Theft Auto hasn't featured any of the same characters, but it still counts as a sequel, as does Dragon Quest, and countless others.

These are sequels, and completely count. I guess I could see an argument being made for something like Crystal Chronicles. But let's be real guys, it's all the same ****.

What you define a sequel as is going to be different from what others call a sequel.
---
"You're scared of being insulted on the internet by a guy who goes to work in his underwear?" - Sniper_Extreme
https://twitter.com/Ultramarcusaway
#254DestinPosted 12/10/2012 10:54:07 PM
roadtosalvation posted...
Yeah, so the Final Fantasy games aren't "true" sequels... it's still annoying as hell that Square Enix milks the damn franchise like a freaking Metroid attacking it's prey.

how is it milking if they aren't sequels? each iteration of a main Final Fantasy title, they have to invent a whole new universe with it's own set of lore and physics, the only exception really is FFXII which started its lore in FFT.

Lightning Returns is milking, Final Fantasy in general is nothing more than a brand.
---
Destin the Valiant
#255roadtosalvationPosted 12/11/2012 1:53:27 PM
Destin posted...

how is it milking if they aren't sequels? each iteration of a main Final Fantasy title, they have to invent a whole new universe with it's own set of lore and physics, the only exception really is FFXII which started its lore in FFT.

Lightning Returns is milking, Final Fantasy in general is nothing more than a brand.

It's milking. I don't think I have to remind you of the times where there was a FF every two years. Now there's something with the damn name every month.

Also see "ports." Do we really need like five versions of IV?
#256UltraMarcusPosted 12/11/2012 4:56:59 PM

It's milking. I don't think I have to remind you of the times where there was a FF every two years. Now there's something with the damn name every month.

No it isn't.
---
"You're scared of being insulted on the internet by a guy who goes to work in his underwear?" - Sniper_Extreme
https://twitter.com/Ultramarcusaway
#257fallenswordsPosted 12/11/2012 5:07:35 PM
Final fantasy 13.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM: http://bit.ly/jJ2ZNS
Katawa Shoujo changed my life. http://katawa-shoujo.com/
#258kewldude475Posted 12/11/2012 6:42:50 PM
Nirvanas_Nox posted...
show. KH games arent spinoffs they are main story games WITH the exception of Coded.

Even Coded isn't a spinoff, as it is technically a sequel to KH2.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 3: FES, Assassin's Creed 2, Resident Evil 6