This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

name a series you feel has too many sequals.

#51AgitoXIIIPosted 12/9/2012 5:01:58 PM
Ima just say this, people who think FF has too many sequels... I'd love for you to explain how this is. Every game in the MAIN series is a new universe and I look forward to each one.

FF has too many SPINOFFs for sure, but not sequels as far as the main series theres no way.
---
FINAL FANTASY XV
Please be a great game, we need you to be one.
#52Jammer196Posted 12/9/2012 5:08:28 PM
I would say Ratchet & Clank, but I choose to deny it.
---
R.I.P. Insomniac Games
#53PHEEliNUXPosted 12/9/2012 5:15:35 PM
Final Fantasy

Well not sequels but many games in the series
#54Fou LuPosted 12/9/2012 5:25:41 PM
Final Fantasy. They should drop the numbering system and adopt using titles. Some of us don't use roman numerals. I can't wait for FF22!
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#55EternalDividePosted 12/9/2012 5:29:32 PM
Final Fantasy

It would be different if the series was still a benchmark in quality. But since ditching the golden rule of "if it isn't broke don't fix it" in the early 2000s each new installment just feels like example of something new that just shouldn't have been done.
---
I support Alex Smith #11
#56DaggeraxePosted 12/9/2012 5:30:20 PM
Metal Gear at least introduces new gameplay mechanics that prevents each new game from feeling like a simple rehash.
#57BI0MonkeyPosted 12/9/2012 5:36:38 PM
*Looks around suspiciously*

FINAL FANTASY

..what? WE WERE ALL EXPECTING IT!
---
There seems to be an over-abundance of caps lock. CAN YOU TELL?!
#58cymanxPosted 12/9/2012 5:36:46 PM
Three franchises come to mind for me.

Final Fantasy
Call of Duty
Bio-Shock

And games that shouldn't have any further titles...
Dishonored (I love the game, but I don't really want more of this.)
Dark Souls (Two is enough, not like they are going to find a miraculous new feature to add.)
Assassin's Creed (They did alright, but do we really need to see an Assassin's Creed X?)
---
Maybe if we talk to the television, and know everything there is to know about football, that our favorite team will make it to the super bowl...
#59Bat178Posted 12/9/2012 5:39:30 PM
Call of Duty.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#60oxnerdPosted 12/9/2012 5:43:01 PM
AgitoXIII posted...
Ima just say this, people who think FF has too many sequels... I'd love for you to explain how this is. Every game in the MAIN series is a new universe and I look forward to each one.

FF has too many SPINOFFs for sure, but not sequels as far as the main series theres no way.

Lol your name... anyways its the fact that they use the name final fantasy for games that have absolutely no relation to each other that make it a series that needs to stop. People are hating games that are good on its own but because it has the name Final Fantasy in front of it, people are comparing every game to its predecessors and its annoying. Of course BEcause of the name, my interest in the game goes up but Square Enix's name on a game is good enough for my interests.