This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

name a series you feel has too many sequals.

#61KojaxFXPosted 12/9/2012 6:43:39 PM
god of war
#62elconoMPosted 12/9/2012 6:44:52 PM
Stephen Hawking Pro Wheelch- wait... Tony Hawk Pro Skater
Nintendogs, not in terms of sequel, but too many of them
Skylanders, too many characters
Cooking Mama
Medal of Honor
Fable :D
---
Still playing@ Animal Crossing: Wild World, Pokemon gens 4&5, San Andreas == 74 DWF's and counting
#63ZackG31Posted 12/9/2012 6:45:49 PM
Halo
COD
---
Atheism is a terrible bet. It gives you no chance of winning the prize.
#64Devil_wings00Posted 12/9/2012 6:50:31 PM
Mikeugame posted...
Final fantasy & dragon quest dynasty warriors I know there not actual sequel but still to many in that title any game that has more then 5 games, he11 they need to be renamed at least.

I can't think of a single bad Dragon Quest game lol The other two you could make cases but Dragon Quest? I mean unless you just hate Jrpg's I don't think it should be shoved into your complaint just because it has a lot of entries ;p
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#65DaMan1900Posted 12/9/2012 6:50:49 PM
Superfly Jo Jo posted...
Series with too many sequels

Call of Duty
Assassin's Creed
Guitar Hero
Ratchet & Clank
Halo
Street Fighter
Pokemon
The Sims
Need For Speed
GTA
Resident Evil
Mario
Zelda

Series with a lot of sequels, but I don't mind

Metal Gear
God of War

made a few changes to your list but close enough...
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#66AgitoXIIIPosted 12/9/2012 6:52:33 PM
oxnerd posted...
AgitoXIII posted...
Ima just say this, people who think FF has too many sequels... I'd love for you to explain how this is. Every game in the MAIN series is a new universe and I look forward to each one.

FF has too many SPINOFFs for sure, but not sequels as far as the main series theres no way.

Lol your name... anyways its the fact that they use the name final fantasy for games that have absolutely no relation to each other that make it a series that needs to stop. People are hating games that are good on its own but because it has the name Final Fantasy in front of it, people are comparing every game to its predecessors and its annoying. Of course BEcause of the name, my interest in the game goes up but Square Enix's name on a game is good enough for my interests.

Nah, not good enough reason. The series wants to use items and reimagine them in a new setting in a whole new universe (summons, crystals) but the stories are always different. Just because the brand has become somewhat toxic doesn't mean it needs to suddenly stop.

BTW, I named myself this because it has my favorite logo. But I do know it has since had a name change, but I don't mind at all. I like the original name :)
---
FINAL FANTASY XV
Please be a great game, we need you to be one.
#67DW2189Posted 12/9/2012 6:55:39 PM
Final Fantasy XIII
---
Black FC: 4083-6888-2587
#68shotgunheadshotPosted 12/9/2012 6:56:07 PM
Spiderman games seem to be overdone. But i think sport games should be made every year, i really enjoy NHL games.
#69no1oblivionfanPosted 12/9/2012 6:58:47 PM
God of War, should have ended with 3. And it's going to end up like CoD now, I can feel it.

Oh by the way, sports games are different to be honest. I mean new loads of new players get bought and start every year. And there is no way devs will support those purely with patches forever as they get nothing from it. And I just don't think as bad of it as CoD or anything. Not sure why.
---
Steam: An_Orang3e
#70YoungGganonPosted 12/9/2012 6:59:00 PM
Call of Duty, God of War, and one other that really bugs me....I can't think of it....Halo never actually really got to me. God of War really only needed the three games, all the others just felt unnecessary and too similar to the main games. Though I know they're all similar, but even the abilities, boss fights, etc.
---
(Now playing Dead Island, Vanquish, and PSASBR Beta)