This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Best Ending You Have Ever Seen

#61KaliestoPosted 12/10/2012 8:00:18 AM
I like Xenosaga III's ending of the whole trilogy.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#62MrMikeMaPosted 12/10/2012 8:00:38 AM
I might have to run with Nier, in particular the B ending. The C and D just added some meat to an already epic conclusion, especially video game wise the ramifications of getting the final ending D.

But, the scene :

When spirit Yonah apologizes to her dad for not wanting to keep her "shell", in essensce her own body, because she could feel someone else in it who also misses her dad, only to walk over to the window and then exit, having the shell fall to the floor as the spirit went upwards into the sky was just amaazing. The music, the entire turn of events of just what the hell is going on in this game still to this day resonantes with me. So much better than most, if not all emotionally charging books or movies have done.

Such am amazing look at the concept of the soul and the body, can be open for some serious discussion.

---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/5754030343/
#63pjnelsonPosted 12/10/2012 8:12:46 AM
DarknessXSeeker posted...
NintendudeLives posted...
Red Dead Redemption... I was so happy when it ended so I didn't have to play it anymore.

Most overrated game EVER.

Have you heard of Grand Theft Auto IV and Elder Scrolls: Skyrim?

Both of these were clearly joke posts. Nobody can seriously suggest any of these are overrated.
---
I'm not here for friends. I'm here for the truth to the best of my knowledge of it, even if it's not what people want to hear.
#64PunikinPosted 12/10/2012 8:25:35 AM
SNES Earthbound's ending was very memorable for me
#65GazelMinistryPosted 12/10/2012 8:30:36 AM
Xenosaga III
Final Fantasy VII
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 3
God of War II
---
I am a nontheist, a nihilist. And I'm sure god loves me anyway.
#66DarknessXSeekerPosted 12/10/2012 9:57:59 AM
pjnelson posted...
Red Dead Redemption... I was so happy when it ended so I didn't have to play it anymore.

Both of these were clearly joke posts. Nobody can seriously suggest any of these are overrated.

You can't be serious. I have never played RDR so I can't say that but Skyrim and GTAIV are the definition of overrated.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#67CrystalKing5426Posted 12/10/2012 10:05:09 AM
pjnelson posted...

You can't be serious. I have never played RDR so I can't say that but Skyrim and GTAIV are the definition of overrated.

I didn't like Skyrim or GTA IV at all either. RDR is better than GTA IV, but not by a whole lot... First act is good, then it's all downhill.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
#68almasbabyPosted 12/10/2012 10:07:27 AM
Darksiders ending held a lot of promise that never materialized. Very dramatic cliffhanger.
#69RayconPosted 12/10/2012 10:11:53 AM
BokuxPico posted...
Kingdom Hearts 1. I know that is totally corny, it's a guilty pleasure.

Corny? The ending was amazing. One of the most moving moments in a video game for me.

But gotta go with Nier overall. Not even necessarily the ending, just... that whole game.

= (
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
#704dfmaEFPosted 12/10/2012 10:18:49 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics
---
If I could I would....n't stop