This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, what's going to happen to Silent Hill saga?

#1Albert1285Posted 12/10/2012 12:59:49 AM
1.-SH Downpour did poorly on sales, and critics were really terrible. IMO was a very good decent game.
2.-SH HD Collection was terrible, it shouldn't have been released like that.
3.-SH Revelation. Although I really liked the movie, it didn't do it very well at theaters which again is bad.

Definitely it wasn't a good year for SH.
#2warrenmatsPosted 12/10/2012 1:02:11 AM
Albert1285 posted...
1.-SH Downpour did poorly on sales, and critics were really terrible. IMO was a very good decent game.
3.-SH Revelation. Although I really liked the movie, it didn't do it very well at theaters which again is bad.

Yo forgot Book of memories. It was actually not that bad.

But yeah, people said that 2012 was gonna be a good year for horror fans, but it was pretty bad lol.
---
:D
#3SexySamSosa67Posted 12/10/2012 1:03:39 AM
Horror games are boring and depressing.
---
Eminem Is The Greatest Musician Of All Time
Shawn Michaels Is The Greatest Athlete Of All Time
#4Albert1285(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 1:04:44 AM
warrenmats posted...
Albert1285 posted...

Yo forgot Book of memories. It was actually not that bad.

But yeah, people said that 2012 was gonna be a good year for horror fans, but it was pretty bad lol.

Oh yeah , I guess I forgot it because it's terrible crap that shouldn't be considered part of Silent Hill. lol
#5ZombiDeadZombiPosted 12/10/2012 1:09:28 AM
Downpour is effing fantastic and i found it to be very fun. The again, I loved Homecoming as well and felt 4 was a little mediocre, so I don't know what that says about me.

The HD collection is fine, they could have done a lot better, but they didn't. I still had fun with it and it brought back tons of memories and scary good times.

Revelations was garbage. Pure. Effing. Garbage. It did everything wrong that the first movie got right. I mean, all the nods to the games (including the Origins and Downpour nods), were great, but c'mon, Pyramid Head duking it out with another boss? That was cheesy and stupid.

Book of Memories is fun as hell, even though it isn't your typical Silent Hill game, more people should play it because it is pretty fun.

I'm pretty sure more Silent Hill games/movies/books etc.will come out.

They need to really go back and look at what made SilentHill 1 and 2 so fantastic, and bring that to modern gaming, and I feel Downpour did a pretty good job of this, like using the rain to take the place of fog. If they used more of the classic stuff in modern gaming, they could make a badass Silent Hill game.
#6necro00Posted 12/10/2012 6:56:36 AM
I loved downpour And homecoming
#7este914Posted 12/10/2012 6:57:47 AM
necro00 posted...

---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#8CyborgTwentyPosted 12/10/2012 6:59:45 AM
necro00 posted...

critics and fans didn't tough because the reception and sales were pitiful.
#9ZombiDeadZombiPosted 12/10/2012 8:12:58 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
necro00 posted...

critics and fans didn't tough because the reception and sales were pitiful.

I'm a fan and I loved Downpour and Homecoming.

Just because some critics and fans complained that Downpour and Homecoming weren't Silent Hill 2, doesn't mean they are bad or poor games.

Sales don't really mean a thing this early into both Homecoming and Downpour's life cycle, because even the great Silent Hill 2 has sold barely over a million copies in the 12 years its been out.

Check back in 10 years and see how many copies have been sold and then we will have a good idea.

I hate when new Silent Hill games come out because it's ALWAYS "this game isn't like Silent Hill 2 therefore it sucks".

People need to give that crap a rest.
#10ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/10/2012 8:16:58 AM
1. Some Western studio destroys the series some more.
or
2. Kojima takes over and develops a mindblowing SH on FOX Engine.