This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hideo Kojima is a master of storytelling and I appreciate the dedication hes

#31CrystalKing5426Posted 12/10/2012 1:38:40 PM
As for the MGS stories, they're good but not great. A lot of convoluted storylines and plotholes hold it back. I think the major point when became too incomprehensible even for the creators was when the Patriots were introduced.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
#32IHeartMetroidPosted 12/10/2012 4:04:12 PM
Lefty128k = thinks that Aquaman with ugly bat wings is Batman.

I pity him. I really, really do.
#33CrystalKing5426Posted 12/10/2012 4:20:39 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...

Aquaman would kick Batman's ass.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
#34kel25Posted 12/10/2012 4:39:19 PM
I greatly respect Hideo Kojima for what he has done for the industry and I feel that his games tend to have top notch gameplay and very interesting ideas.

The problem is that I also think he is one of the worst storytellers ever. As much as I love the games I can't help but faceplam at how ridiculous the stories tend to be.
#35_HlM_Posted 12/10/2012 4:40:45 PM
VanderZoo posted...
He's already thought of as one of the best video game directors of all time, his place is solidified there.

+1
---
Why don't you go take a jog? Better yet, go kick some rocks.
Let me guess you have a blog, follow trends like it's your job.
#36jubjub360Posted 12/10/2012 4:42:17 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"Star Wars didn't rip off Arthurian Legends"

Sure man, Lucas just happened to create a MYSTIC LEGEND tale about a YOUNG MAN and his WIZARD-LIKE MENTOR who saves the KINGDOM (Empire) from EVIL with the use of a MAGIC SWORD (Lightsaber) and rescues the PRINCESS.

God, if you can't see how Lucas hamhandedly ripped off Arthurian lore to an absolute tee with SW, you're either blind, an idiot, or both.

Oh, and anyone who thinks that Bob Kane deserves credit for Batman...

This is what Bob Kane's grand contribution was to the Batman.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/307/9/8/bob_kane__s_original_batman_by_qbatmanp-d324ffi.jpg

And Bill Finger?

Gotham City. Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne's tragic backstory. The idea that Batman should be a shadowy figure in the darkness. The Joker.

Oh, and this, despite it being labeled "Bob Kane".

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HqP_Agw5VZ4/T7Zz5JnV5GI/AAAAAAAAFDs/V9jBjXgXoJs/s1600/bob_kane_Batman_Gallery_pg05.jpg

So I would place anyone who continues to argue square in the "Go suck on a poison dart frog and quit wasting my time" category, because you don't know what you're talking about.

I love how in this topic, taking inspiration from a story is ripping it off.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#37Lefty128kPosted 12/10/2012 4:45:15 PM(edited)
IHeartMetroid posted...

I didn't mean to make you frustrated by presenting you with referenced facts. I didn't know you are unable to deal with those.

And feel free to keep avoiding the points I made about your other nonsense. I know you can't deal with those either.
#38IHeartMetroidPosted 12/10/2012 4:49:00 PM(edited)
jubjub360 = Can't read and doesn't know the difference between an homage, and taking credit for someone else's work.

For example- the new TMNT has homages to the cartoons with slyly placed injokes.

Someone claiming to be the creator of a work when they made no real contribution outside of "Let's make a man that's a bat" = ripoff.

Lefty128k = Thinks "cuz I said so" is the equivalent to "referenced fact", despite the stuff he's arguing against being the stuff that has references to back it up, while none of the crap he spews is a referenced fact.

Serious bidness here.
#39Lefty128kPosted 12/10/2012 5:02:38 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...
jubjub360 = Can't read and doesn't know the difference between an homage, and taking credit for someone else's work.

For example- the new TMNT has homages to the cartoons with slyly placed injokes.

Someone claiming to be the creator of a work when they made no real contribution outside of "Let's make a man that's a bat" = ripoff.

Lefty128k = Thinks "cuz I said so" is the equivalent to "referenced fact", despite the stuff he's arguing against being the stuff that has references to back it up, while none of the crap he spews is a referenced fact.

Serious bidness here.

You said Finger originated Batman, Finger said it was Kane.
Get over it.

This is a reference, Buddy Boy. Not because "I say so."
We can only wonder why you skipped it in my prior post.
Lefty128k posted...
The Steranko History of Comics #1

"Kane had an idea for a character called 'Batman', and he'd like me to see the drawings. I went over to Kane's, and he had drawn a character who looked very much like Superman with kind of ... reddish tights, I believe, with boots ... no gloves, no gauntlets ... with a small domino mask, swinging on a rope. He had two stiff wings that were sticking out, looking like bat wings. And under it was a big sign ... BATMAN."

- Bill Finger

Here's the ISBN, if you even know what that means.
ISBN 0-517-50188-0

The only "serious bidness" here is you getting angry about facts.
#40jubjub360Posted 12/10/2012 5:03:52 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...

Serious bidness here.

I was talking about Star Wars so how about you get off your high horse and realize that not everything is a goddamn rip off.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg