This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Be thankful that we have still new IPs to look forward to unlike 360

#1NoJobBobPosted 12/10/2012 8:20:00 AM
360 upcoming big games.........the 4th gears of war released this gen lol....coming after the 3rd version of halo(4th counting RTS game)

but ps3 has beyond souls, the last of us and ni no kuni. AWESOME!

I love so much that companies are willing to take risks on the ps3
#2djrudenPosted 12/10/2012 8:21:41 AM
I actually like 360 and the halo games, but this is the 4th released on 360.

Halo 3
Halo ODST
Halo Reach
Halo 4

All FPS. That RTS doesn't really count. There was also that HD remake of Combat Evolved if you want to count that one.
#3SerialVandalPosted 12/10/2012 8:27:46 AM
Unfortunately I'm not excited about ANY of those 3 you mentioned. They all look 'meh' to me.
#4Bestia_SomniaPosted 12/10/2012 8:28:20 AM
I think it's because Microsoft are saving their developing man-power towards their next system, to guarantee that they'll have a great launch line-up like they always do, unlike Sony who will inevitebly have a lack of decent games at first (PS3 & Vita). Also, the PS4 apparently doesn't have backwards compatibility and so many PS3 games will be out and still relevant towards the edge of the PS4's release that I really can't see myself going with Sony this time. I'll probably get myself an Xbox 720 (or whatever it ends up being named).
#5ScymitePosted 12/10/2012 8:33:10 AM
Microsoft is the most likely to bring it's next console out this Fall, so it's also likely to assume that it's keeping it's cards under it's sleeve.

Realistically, MS announces it's exclusives WHEN said exclusives are ACTUALLY about to come out.
Sony announces exclusives YEARS before.

This happens every year - people claiming "year of the PS3"
But then THIS actually happens every year - "Year of PS360" cuz they both do well and neither one really does any better.
---
"I always found it both amusing and oddly appropriate that the rhetoric of the Information Age ended up being so... binary." -- Time_pants
#6XFactor1Posted 12/10/2012 8:35:06 AM
XBox 720 is coming next year for sure.

---
--
#7killakPosted 12/10/2012 8:40:36 AM
So instead of talking about PS3s new IPs and how good they might be, you needed to compare them to 360 IPs to try and make them look better?
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo
#8ManuKesnaPosted 12/10/2012 8:42:29 AM
So instead of talking about PS3s new IPs and how good they might be, you needed to compare them to 360 IPs to try and make them look better?

yup
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#9theshovellerPosted 12/10/2012 8:44:48 AM
killak posted...

Yeah, it's the community's mindset of "Instead of only saying positives about one thing, I'll somehow try to say a negative about something else instead in a very aggressive manner." I hate it, too.
#10EseenuzPosted 12/10/2012 9:10:12 AM
I am thankful. I knew I's picked the winning horse when PS3 came out and everyone around me was like "no games no games" feels good to know I was right all along lol