This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Be thankful that we have still new IPs to look forward to unlike 360

#71Captain BrainslidePosted 12/11/2012 11:26:39 AM
killak posted...
Nope. I instantly upgraded 'cause I knew the 360 was where the games were going to be.

It was terrible, and not even a shred as good as the 360 version "we got buku hostiles" (damn, now I want to buy it again), and that game wasn't all that good compared to the sequel (damn, now I want to pop that on...... maybe i'll play the new ghost one, what's that called again?".

I still have my xbox as it's ummm........ yeah, can't say because you get modded for mentioning it. But mainly I keep it around for my xbox collection (not much, but very specific titles) which includes .....f***, the hell is it's name again??????

Oh yeah, Steel Battalion

Yes, GRAW was an awful game on the first Xbox (not that it's a great game on 360, but it was miles better than the buggy corridor shooter they made the former into... the first Ghost Recon was MUCH better than both), but then you've got the same company releasing Splinter Cell: Double Agent as a terrible game on the 360 and a great game on normal Xbox. Totally different levels and they barely even had a remotely similar plot. There was no real consistency with any of those early dual-gen games, some were basically the same and others varied wildly.

I'm still more impressed with my memories the first Xbox's games in their time period than the 360's, though I've given up both for years now. I know I'm in the minority on that though.
#72pokemon_45_79_1Posted 12/11/2012 11:29:42 AM
Ni No Kuni isn't a new IP. It is a remake/sequel of a DS game.

IMO, it is the only exclusive left on the horizon for the PS3 that is remotely interesting.

Technically for the west it is since the DS version never made it out of Japan, it is a new IP even though it adds a whole lot more to the DS version it is technically a new IP.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#73pokemon_45_79_1Posted 12/11/2012 11:30:59 AM
I knew MS was going to go the route they have back when I bought my ps3 I knew I made the right choice, I figured MS would go the direction they are headed which is to ruin in my opinion.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#74digidevilwilPosted 12/11/2012 11:33:00 AM
NoJobBob posted...
360 upcoming big games.........the 4th gears of war released this gen lol....coming after the 3rd version of halo(4th counting RTS game)

but ps3 has beyond souls, the last of us and ni no kuni. AWESOME!

I love so much that companies are willing to take risks on the ps3

Remember how many years the ps3 had nothing to look forward to. 360 had it's moment and now ps3 is having it. That's how I see.
---
PSN: PandaKingEX
#75EseenuzPosted 12/12/2012 11:33:02 AM
PS3 always had kickass games

I did start with the MGS4 bundle tho